Koh Tao murders: Police free bar owners and look for ex-village headman's son

webfact

Police blame delayed probe on social media

on bkk post

How the heck should social media have obstructed the investigation and confused the investigators? Shouldn't they be spending time on the investigation and not spending it on social media?

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let's leave Mons family alone, they,be already donated a million baht to Surat Than I police force and made the police chief a life time member of AC bar. You see Thailand's not corrupt anymore, see you all on KO Tao for cocktails later.

Hehe, my first thought was that for the police it's a win/win situation now :D

Well its looking like there will be no justice for Hannah and David from the Thailand society

Bungling cops( on purpose to suit them and the so called mafia)

More interested in tourism than finding the murderers

Thailand is off my holiday list now and wont give them any of my hard earned cash for it to be blood money

Had good times but the love is over

Also signing off here as Im getting depressed reading all the bullshit about a case that in the first 48 hours would have been easy enough to crack

BYE

Well let's leave Mons family alone, they,be already donated a million baht to Surat Than I police force and made the police chief a life time member of AC bar. You see Thailand's not corrupt anymore, see you all on KO Tao for cocktails later.

Hehe, my first thought was that for the police it's a win/win situation now biggrin.png

He never said how much he's donate if his family wasn't involvedwhistling.gif

This is becoming a joke. Thailand is losing big face. Is this serious? Two family members accused of smashing a garden how through the head of a 23 year old woman and the head of a 23 year old man are front page news for his claim that he is in the process of suing social media for talking about his family. Is this for real? Never seen this ever before in my life. It's crazy out in Thailand today.

Hehe, my first thought was that for the police it's a win/win situation now biggrin.png

He never said how much he's donate if his family wasn't involvedwhistling.gif

Exactamundo, at least not in public ;-)

Sean was convicted of possessing photos of naked underage girls.

EXACTLY! and by "underage" that could mean 16-17 yr old girls, or just under whatever is the legal age where he lives. According to another report, his girlfriend at the time said they downloaded as attachments from another site, and he didn't keep them. So for those of you who jump on the "kiddy fiddler" band wagon, get your facts straight first! And another thing, how many of you "holier than thou" have been in bars ogling the girls on the poles who may or may not be "legal", or even spent some "quality time" with them, maybe, or maybe not knowing they were "underage"??

I think the police have turned over a new leaf and are going to pursue this case, no matter where or who it leads to. I believe it is because the army has their back; both to support them and to keep them on the straight and narrow path of righteousness.

If they can bring in the guilty parties and make a credible case against them (no matter who is their father), it will go a long way to restoring respect and confidence in the RTP.

You say the police have turned a new leaf regarding the case? Sure after nearly 2 weeks of trying to set people up, ignore the fact Thais could be involved, local enforcement probably covering things up, ignoring help from outside such as the FBI and having the entire world breaking their balls, good on them... thumbsup.gif

Sorry but I have no respect for them whatsoever, they handled this in a typical Thai manner, it was a circus and laughing stock, horrific images were leaked, the crime scene was a shambles with regards to how it was fenced off and investigated, the GENERAL and his outstanding bikini comment and who can forget blaming the victims friend on the grounds he was a potential homosexual. Yep, looks like Koh Tao and the rest of Thailand has a booming future

Anyone thats followed this case from the start, can clearly see the police did everything in their power to protect the killers and try to frame a scapegoat. Why anybody has any praise for this institution is quite beyond me. Considering that most reactions immediately after hearing of the crime location fingered the likely perps, the polices 2 weeks to get there and letting them run away isn't going to win any awards. Far worse than useless, and criminal charges must be brought against all the island police. life imprisonment for aiding and abetting murder, obstructing an investigation, hang em.

One has to draw a distinction between the local low end provincial police force, and the crew from Bangkok sent down to over-ride the local BIB to local familial / influence connection. The local guys ran the investigation at first with the predictable results. The higher level out of towners came down, had to learn the lay of the land, inspite of the locals self-interest in not killing their local golden goose, or actual blood relative relationships. No cop here gets a living wage, they all have to make deals to get a cut of the local pies to survive, that automatically rules out the families of their co-dealies getting hung out to dry for their actions.

Sending higher ranked out of towners in to take over means the locals get cover to not be blamed for an influentials family getting caught and removed from service for their stupidity and arrogance. Not to mention the current belief that the mains suspects extended family may include members of the local police and government. Easy to see why early and late stages of the investigation look very different. Both experience and motivations of those in charge are much different between days 1-5 and days 6-11.

Add to this local dynamic, the great international interest even beyond the British people and government, and you can see why the generals government has clearly put the boot down on the head cop to make this go quickly and properly. Doing so would bring increased perception of legitimacy of purpose to the new government, and one it would like during it's time in office.

There has been a general sense the generals have been trying to prune back corruption in general, and the BIB is one place this has been needed, there is no love lost between police and army, but the police generals surely know the army generals are firmly in charge and know they mean business. This is a good sign for this investigation. There is face saving for the nation and then face saving on the world stage, and the world will be less forgiving than the other in the big picture, if there is not a properly seen outcome for this. Sometimes being seen to do something is not near as good as being seen to get something rig

All I can surmise from this is that Thailand doesn't deserve a democracy. They've not shed a drop of blood in its pursuit and have no concept of its meaning. Now they have what they deserve... Someone to tell every brain dead bureaucratic zombie and the population in general what to do. That is what they get with this government because they are absolutely incapable of thinking on their own.

Well its looking like there will be no justice for Hannah and David from the Thailand society

Thailand is off my holiday list now and wont give them any of my hard earned cash for it to be blood money

Also signing off here as Im getting depressed reading all the bullshit about a case that in the first 48 hours would have been easy enough to crack

BYE

" More interested in tourism than finding the murderers "

If these murders remain unsolved I doubt if there will be many tourists interested in going to this island at least in the near future. It will be like a festering sore hanging over the place and they will have shot themselves in the foot

BYE

" More interested in tourism than finding the murderers "

If these murders remain unsolved I doubt if there will be many tourists interested in going to this island at least in the near future. It will be like a festering sore hanging over the place and they will have shot themselves in the foot

I think that littlebw is assuming that a scapegoat or one out of several guilty will end up taking the fall, and that they are more focused on trying to save their face than actually finding the guilty ones.

Edited by Iumentum

Yes I agree, But I am sure he is the key to all. Just take a look at the photos of him in 7/11 trying to get into a deep freeze What a load of bull.

That is why they say 'context is everything'. As a picture for a joke, why not? Somebody pointed out there also exists a picture where he is fully inside the same freezer.

I am sure you will have pictures that make you look foolish or strange when taken out of context. Anybody has pictures that will make them start explaining when showing these how/when/why it was taken.

are the two sets of DNA found on Hannah family related to each other?

the supposed DNA tests done on the head man/brother/nephew...is there any family connection to the DNA found on Hannah?

Hannah was on holiday with a group of friends....was she in the bar with them that night or alone...have they been interviewed as to what happened earlier in the evening and in preceding days?

the supposed DNA tests done on the head man/brother/nephew...is there any family connection to the DNA found on Hannah?

Hannah was on holiday with a group of friends....was she in the bar with them that night or alone...have they been interviewed as to what happened earlier in the evening and in preceding days?

Tests have been made on village headman and his brother with no match, however, those tests was taken yesterday from what reports state, so the results on those tests must have been rushed compared to all the other DNA tests that have been taken in this case.

I have decided that I no longer want to go to Ko Tao ever again. Boycott this island, don't give your money to the village chief family.

You changed your tone from yesterday when a few of us were suggesting this.

My wife has family that live on Koh Tao and Koh Phagnan.

She had a chat with her cousin yesterday on Koh Tao and everyone there knows who did it. Probably known since the day after the crime.

Therefore, the police must have known too.

Only conflicting info from her, was that it was the nephew of a village headman ??

Looks like they will get the right people eventually though, more due to international pressure than good police work.

RIP the deceased..

As expected. I bet every person on the island knew by lunchtime. While I understand why not 1 Thai person dared to speak up, the story of the altercation with local thugs was all over social media less than 48 hours after the event, yet it took more than a week for the police to even investigate that line and only after being pretty much forced to, when the Scots barman went public about death threats made to him.

That would indicate that not just the local cops were doing their best to avoid looking at this family, but the big boys sent from Bangkok also failed to look into what was an obvious scenario for several days. I don't believe it was incompetence, no one is that stupid.

Even if these scumbags do match the DNA, I hope the international media keep up the pressure until the family and local cops are arrested for attempting to pervert the course of justice (or what ever the Thai version of that is). At this point getting the killers is not enough, the scumbags that tried to cover it up need to be brought to justice too.

Anyway, this is far from over, even if caught they still may not do any time if the family has been paying the right people. The convicted and confessed killer of some foreigner a decade ago has been on bail since his conviction, over 8 years. For reasons it is impossible to fathom he was given bail because of an appeal to reduce the 15 year sentence by half. As of 2013 he was still free.

I'd like to see the UK press chasing up the Kirsty Jones murder and make them squirm some more. I believe it was 2011 that DNA evidence was presented (by the Brits) to the RTP that some hotelier did it, yet the guy is still not in prison.

One would expect that. But as no statements from Hannah's nor David's friends were made public, we don't know. It might be witness-material used in the court-proceedings so they have to keep numb about it? Otherwise I would expect British tabloids interviewing all friends as everybody seems to crave for information about what happened that night in the bar. They have all returned to the UK, didn't they? (except for Sean who is apparently in Italy with his girlfriend).

Edited by Snookyville

Another post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed. Please pay attention:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

All I can surmise from this is that Thailand doesn't deserve a democracy. They've not shed a drop of blood in its pursuit and have no concept of its meaning.

Relatives of those who died in 1992 might disagree.

does democracy exist.......anywhere?

what youve just witnessed did not really happen. there was no murder or suspects.

moving along now....

mai pen rai

I think this Sean guy should return to Thailand,and help with the enquiries, To me his story sounds like somthing out of the Walter- Mitty stories,it also has a strange smell of fish.

I also think that Sean probably got information about this case, but maybe he did try to share that info, but with the wrong people.

Anyway, if i was in his shoes, guilty or not, and if he is in fact out of Thailand now, i sure wouldn't return unless i was forced to.

Yes I agree, But I am sure he is the key to all. Just take a look at the photos of him in 7/11 trying to get into a deep freeze What a load of bull.

Oh, back to the chilling in Thailand photos? Seriously? Is that the best reason you can come up with to find him and his story suspicious? Have you never have a photo taken where you did something silly just for the fun of it? There is a whole bunch of far more suspicious things to dig up to find a reason to link Sean to the incident.

Very poor attempt, please come again!

Edit: oh, and i hope you're not really linking that deep freezer photo to the incident where Sean should have been threatened to hang himself, where he ran to a 7-11.

Look mate,

I dont know who the hell you are,and what you do. But you seem to know more about this than the Police. Yes I am linking the photos of him to the case

as he looks to me to be as high as a kite sitting on to of the deep freeze,and before you say anything,yes I would say it to his face,and I would not need a garden

Hoe to protect myself

Now I sugest you get your ass and go down to that shitty little island,and do your Arthur Conan Doyle stuff there,and stop picking OK The guy is up to his ears in it Period