New iphone 4s screen at Tucom

2008bangkok

I recently had to change my iPhone4 screen which I did at a suburban mobile phone shop and was charged 1,700 baht and it was done in an hour. Not all shops will stock screens for an older model and I am not sure what prices are at Tukcom or elsewhere. In desperation I went to the nearest big road side shop.

There is an issue apparently that must be watched in that some replacement guys do not connect the wifi/internet antennae tightly enough or correctly which can lead to poor or non existent reception.

I recently had to change my iPhone4 screen which I did at a suburban mobile phone shop and was charged 1,700 baht and it was done in an hour. Not all shops will stock screens for an older model and I am not sure what prices are at Tukcom or elsewhere. In desperation I went to the nearest big road side shop.

There is an issue apparently that must be watched in that some replacement guys do not connect the wifi/internet antennae tightly enough or correctly which can lead to poor or non existent reception.

Cheers for that, you probably paid a slight premium as its a normal shop so i guess 1500 would be about right

I paid THB 3400 for a new screen and a new on-off button.

Done in a few hours.

I went to the iStore, but they took me directly to a guy nearby.

Apple Bangkok might need a 2 weeks or so and an est. THB 5,000 - THB 7,000 for only the screen. Of course with full warrantee, which I've lost now.

The g/f sat on her iPhone 4S about 2 weeks ago and cracked the screen. She took the phone back to the original seller at Tuk.com -- 1st floor (mobile phone floor), on the left wall side if you are facing to the rear of Tuk,com, almost directly across from/right before the elevators (3 meters from the up elevator to the phone shop). One hour and B2,000 later her phone was back to normal with a new screen. That shop sells primarily iPhones and has very good technicians. I am not sure if "real" vs. knockoff/copy parts are an issue with iPhone screens, but you should try to confirm that you are getting a real screen.

The g/f sat on her iPhone 4S about 2 weeks ago and cracked the screen. She took the phone back to the original seller at Tuk.com -- 1st floor (mobile phone floor), on the left wall side if you are facing to the rear of Tuk,com, almost directly across from/right before the elevators (3 meters from the up elevator to the phone shop). One hour and B2,000 later her phone was back to normal with a new screen. That shop sells primarily iPhones and has very good technicians. I am not sure if "real" vs. knockoff/copy parts are an issue with iPhone screens, but you should try to confirm that you are getting a real screen.

Cheers for that, looks like Petercool 1700 baht is looking better and better by the minute

There was a coupon for something like a 'Iphone 'screen doctor' on Ensogo or Groupon BKK a few days ago. It was crazy cheap < 600B for sure. Might be worth digging around to see if it's still there. ps: never mind I found it for you & I read the fine print. The title was misleading - it's 1150B for a 4s screen repair. He's in Asoke & gives you a 90 day guarantee: http://www.mygroupon.co.th/deals/shopping_en/dr-smartphone-1/718940212

Edited by jakethesnake

I guess that like so much else here, it pays to shop around and compare services and prices. The difficulty we all have is knowing what is a genuine part - and worth more - and what is not - and thus cheaper - since all are probably made in China. Coming back to my own experience, I was panicking and went to the nearest shop in my area that looked like it could help and was happy to get the service at the price asked. I confess that I did not follow the "shop around and compare" process in this instance ...