Visa for Thai wife to Canada/US

• 2 weeks later...

applied for trv for canada august 8th, received multy entry visa in her passport august 22nd. relatively easy for us i think. biggest hurdle is to prove to immigration officials that. she will return home at the end of her allowed time. sometimes easier said then done. being married and able to support the other spouse is not actually in your favor, sometimes.

she was stamped into canada no problem for 6 months providing her acces to the United States during her stay. Make sure your application is complete and tell the truth. number one is starting with a letter of invitation indicating why she is travelling. a solid travel itinerary, compelling reasons for her to return back to thailand, and possibly a letter from your brother offering accommodations for her/you and as a contact in canada would be helpful.

good luck

applied for trv for canada august 8th, received multy entry visa in her passport august 22nd. relatively easy for us i think. biggest hurdle is to prove to immigration officials that. she will return home at the end of her allowed time. sometimes easier said then done. being married and able to support the other spouse is not actually in your favor, sometimes.

she was stamped into canada no problem for 6 months providing her acces to the United States during her stay. Make sure your application is complete and tell the truth. number one is starting with a letter of invitation indicating why she is travelling. a solid travel itinerary, compelling reasons for her to return back to thailand, and possibly a letter from your brother offering accommodations for her/you and as a contact in canada would be helpful.

good luck

"she was stamped into canada no problem for 6 months providing her acces to the United States during her stay"

Access into the US for the OPs wife requires a U.S. B2 visitor visa. She cannot enter on a Canadian visa.

good luck

Thanks for that. Can you clarify the bit about the US. Been reading up on the visas and had come to the conclusion that the US may just be too much hassle. Think you are right about the letter from my brother, had crossed my mind, but the letter of invitation would that be separate?

My wife has had 3 visas to the UK which were never a problem as she had quite a good job but she retired in February and I am well aware it could now be a completely different ball game.

I think a U.S. tourist visa for a Thai wife of a Brit living here in Thailand would not be a problem at all. Especially as she's already traveled to the UK several times, and returned.

But, yes, need two visas.

If you do go for the U.S. visa, be sure she takes your passport along with the page showing your status here in Thailand. You working? If so, Work Permit, too. All goes to show that you'll be unlikely to stay in the U.S., and that your wife will more than likely leave with you.

Mac

• Like 1