Land Title Upgrade Question

A few days ago, my sister-in-law called my wife asking us to email a scan of her Thai citizenship ID card and a few letters with her signature indicating that my wife allows her brother to act on her behalf for the upgrading of a land title for some land that has been in her family's possession for years. It is 9 rai of rubber tree land.

The question is, will her brother be able to act on her behalf or will my wife need to be in Thailand in order to sign the new land title papers? We don't know if the title is being upgraded to Nor Sor Sam, Nor Sor Sam Gor, or Chanote (forgive me if I got the names of these title types wrong). In fact I don't know what type of title the land currently has. My wife does have two other pieces of land that have had Chanote titles for many years.

By the way, for whatever reason, my wife has never registered our marriage in Thailand, so I won't need to provide my signature indicating that I have no right to the land.

The land is in a rural area of Phatthalung where most of the land owned by the local farmers doesn't have these types of titles. In fact, my wife is on a waiting list for her land to be upgraded. I believe there is a big government push to upgrade land in this area.

Any thoughts or experience from others would be appreciated.

A few days ago, my sister-in-law called my wife asking us to email a scan of her Thai citizenship ID card and a few letters with her signature indicating that my wife allows her brother to act on her behalf for the upgrading of a land title for some land that has been in her family's possession for years. It is 9 rai of rubber tree land.

The question is, will her brother be able to act on her behalf or will my wife need to be in Thailand in order to sign the new land title papers? We don't know if the title is being upgraded to Nor Sor Sam, Nor Sor Sam Gor, or Chanote (forgive me if I got the names of these title types wrong). In fact I don't know what type of title the land currently has. My wife does have two other pieces of land that have had Chanote titles for many years.

By the way, for whatever reason, my wife has never registered our marriage in Thailand, so I won't need to provide my signature indicating that I have no right to the land.

The land is in a rural area of Phatthalung where most of the land owned by the local farmers doesn't have these types of titles. In fact, my wife is on a waiting list for her land to be upgraded. I believe there is a big government push to upgrade land in this area.

Any thoughts or experience from others would be appreciated.

The land offices have their own form of Power of Attorney. If your wife fill this in and duly sign it there is not likely to be any problem for your her having her brother act on behalf of her. Good luck!

The land offices have their own form of Power of Attorney. If your wife fill this in and duly sign it there is not likely to be any problem for your her having her brother act on behalf of her. Good luck!

Thank you very much for this information. Tonight I will have my wife call her brother to get one of these Power of Attorney forms from the local land office.