Scottish Suicide at South Pattaya Condominium

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear o dear.......27 year old and committing suicide over losing his job ? There may well be much more to this story - but it's still a terrible shame. I don't know what support services exist here - I hope I never need them personally, but I think it would be a big help if the " support services " were made more public for ex. pats - surely some of these suicides could be prevented . He had his all life in front of him !

it might be something the expat community could set up themselves with out the usual leaches looking to get their face in the media every 5 mins.

Shame about the lad. A case of letting Pattaya control you instead of you controlling Pattaya sad.png

I tough about this before...In tourist/expats spots like Pattaya, Phuket and BK, will be easy to find an English speaker Buddhist monk or foreign priest that may be interested in set a 1-800 number for them give counseling.....Unfortunately I do not live in a tourist spot anymore, but next time in Chiang Mai I will speak about this with the head of monkchat.net a group of monks that are given meditation classes to foreigners...A list of temples with English speaker monks in those cities will help too....I know that Buddhist temples will welcome and protect any people in crisis.....

If just saves one life, makes sense to look in that.....

Edited by umbanda
  • Like 2

Again to voice what some have said very sad to see anyone end like this. WE all or most have been trough hard times whether it be depression or tragedy or some thing bad happens. But I have had my lows but the one thing that life has thought me you can always get trough what ever it is and look back and say god that was not as bad as I thought. But I can't give advice just experience PLEASE talk to someone anyone if you are feeling bad or down and ask for help lots of it out there. Even here( net) there are plenty that will listen.

• Like 2

Dear o dear.......27 year old and committing suicide over losing his job ? There may well be much more to this story - but it's still a terrible shame. I don't know what support services exist here - I hope I never need them personally, but I think it would be a big help if the " support services " were made more public for ex. pats - surely some of these suicides could be prevented . He had his all life in front of him !

it might be something the expat community could set up themselves with out the usual leaches looking to get their face in the media every 5 mins.

Shame about the lad. A case of letting Pattaya control you instead of you controlling Pattaya sad.png

I tough about this before...In tourist/expats spots like Pattaya, Phuket and BK, will be easy to find an English speaker Buddhist monk or foreign priest that may be interested in set a 1-800 number for them give counseling.....Unfortunately I do not live in a tourist spot anymore, but next time in Chiang Mai I will speak about this with the head of monkchat.net a group of monks that are given meditation classes to foreigners...A list of temples with English speaker monks in those cities will help too....I know that Buddhist temples will welcome and protect any people in crisis.....

If just saves one life, makes sense to look in that.....

Well said..

• Like 1

A member of my family back in the UK spent many years volunteering for the Samaritans , I always admired her for this work. I do not think there is anything similar in Pattaya, but there is definitely a need.

RIP to this young man, I would imagine many of us have gone through bad times, but to see no way out?

Knock the UK , but there are many support services available if you are really desperate .

One problem is that the Embassy is simply not interested if you need bailing out, so if you have no money you are stuck in a country that has no sympathy to your situation.

• Like 1

This suicide was on Tuesday afternoon, NOT Wednesday.

He had taken advice from alleged friends and invested all his money in a deposit for a new condo apartment, yet to be built.

He was unable to continue the monthly repayments for this new apartment.

He was unable to pay even his rent.

This was quite possibly his reason for suicide. I very much doubt loosing his job contributed.

He was from Glasgow, not Northern Ireland.

Sad outcome !!

• Like 1

how can a shower curtain rail support his weight?

If the maximum load of the shower rail is more than the weight of the person then it can support his weight. (deleted)

Edited by petercool
flame comment removed

Why everyone believed that it was suicide? May be I value life so much that cannot imagine anyone killing himself for such a easy to solve reason? Just in another thread about 'buying a car for a wife's dad', I was told that some local thai girl managed to find well paid full time job in UK and afford a luxury car for 800k (sarcasm)

It does not matter what cause the death, RIP man!

Edited by GertrudeL

"A case of letting Pattaya control you instead of you controlling Pattaya"

Well spoken Franky Bear !

A very important phrase....

This is sad.... young guys throwing their lives away.

I think there are a few holes in the story.......possibly his money was running out and he didn't want to leave.

Losing his job was the last straw, although being a security guard, I am surprised he managed to get 3 months off work.

gigman said:

I understand his feelings if this was the scenario...

That's what exactly means to be young and in love and on the top to taste more of freedom...

Coming back to realities can kill anyone...

Edited by gigman

I doubt any company would give him leave of absence for 3 months. As a Security Guard it isn't important enough to get 3 months paid leave.

I have known men before come to Thailand and not have enough time off from work so have been sacked. .... not to kill themselves though.

Sad... there can have been no good reason. I feel for this mother and family.

• Like 1

There are just as many suicides in the US. There are more in the US than most countries

In Australia also...

Just young people do not see future for them self's. ...no jobs no further education...no hope or real help...

There will be more and more...because there is no solution...

There are just as many suicides in the US. There are more in the US than most countries

In Australia also...

Just young people do not see future for them self's. ...no jobs no further education...no hope or real help...

There will be more and more...because there is no solution...

Cut back or remove those taking the jobs?

"She explained that Mr. White, who works as a Security Guard in UK, had come to Thailand for 3 months and earlier on Wednesday he was seen to engage in a heated argument during a phone call. Khun Pacharee was then told that he had lost his job in UK"

3 months holiday in paradise, security guards are notoriously poorly paid...

I think many Security Guards would be interested to know who he worked for.

Security Guard is a generic term often used by those unfamiliar with this diverse field.

Some positions require past law enforcement or military experience and pay very well, along with retirement plans, medical and dental, holiday/vacation time and profit sharing. Some positions don't.

After two careers, I finished working in this field for a major company. The pay and benefits have helped me to retire and live here. No complaints.