Optic to AV cable

2008bangkok

Yeah thats the cable, would need a converter or you can get a line out adapter and then plug it into line in on home cinema.

Do you know where i could buy either of those in pattaya

Apple Tv has hdmi outputs, doesn't your home theater have hdmi inputs?

• Like 1

Yeah thats the cable, would need a converter or you can get a line out adapter and then plug it into line in on home cinema.

It does yes but thats hooked up to the TV, which means if i want to listen to radio via airplay i have to have turn the tv on, if i can sort out the optical cable straight into the home theatre i wont need to turn the tv on everytime

It does yes but thats hooked up to the TV, which means if i want to listen to radio via airplay i have to have turn the tv on, if i can sort out the optical cable straight into the home theatre i wont need to turn the tv on everytime

I think I understand, my thought was to connect the hdmi of your apple tv to the hdmi input of your home theater receiver and then the hdmi output of your home theater to the hdmi input of your tv. No need to turn on TV. Apple Tv generation 1 had analog a/v outputs(RCA connectors), guess you have generation 2 or 3.

I think I understand, my thought was to connect the hdmi of your apple tv to the hdmi input of your home theater receiver and then the hdmi output of your home theater to the hdmi input of your tv. No need to turn on TV. Apple Tv generation 1 had analog a/v outputs(RCA connectors), guess you have generation 2 or 3.
I have the ATV3 the current setup is hdmi from ATV to normal TV then audio out from TV to the home theatre and both TV and Apple TV come through the sound system

I could try hdmi from Apple TV to home theatre and then av from that to the TV, I never thought of that.

I only have 1 HDMI on home theatre

Edited by 2008bangkok

Ok, you have no hdmi outputs from home theater, only 1 input. I would not use composite connectors to tv, but maybe you have s-video or component video? If not, I think you are back to square one with Toslink and a converter box (KK, post #2). Composite is lowest quality video connection.