Norwegian Seafarer's Medical certificate in Thailand

Archie Pelago

Hello,

Looking for any help with finding a doctor who can do a Norwegian seafarer's medical certificate, or an ENG 1. Preferably (most likely) in Bangkok, but anywhere in Thailand will do. The person who needs it done was told there were a couple of doctors who did this several years ago but hasn't got any contact information.

Mods please feel free to move this somewhere more appropriate if needed.

Many thanks

I get my OGUK offshore medical at Bumrungrad and one of the doctors is a Supromajikr on floor 3 I think, but I just found this page for you with a link to a pdf of medical examiners outside Norway.

http://www.ncmm.no/health-certificates/seafarers

Edited by SeaVisionBurma
reduced oversized font to normal

I recently did my NMD medical, and also received a UKOG certificate at the same time, at Bumrungrad hospital in Bangkok with Doctor Wattana, who told me he did 800 of these during the last year! He is there (almost) every weekday from 8 am. Cost was about 6300 THB including all the lab work. He said I could call him direct for my next medical. He speaks excellent English, and is a nice, friendly type of a man. His direct line is 02 667 2894.

By the way, I have a copy of the PDF global list mentioned above, and the phone number given there is incorrect. I called it and got some company secretary who had no idea of what I was talking about!

Just a follow up to thank everyone who posted with information here - booked 2 appointments with Dr Wattana at Bumrungrad today for foreign crew on a ship we are looking after which will arrive into Thailand next month.

Cheers, really appreciate the help!!

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Just did the medical today at Samitivej. I confirm the last post that Bumrungrad do not do it anymore, I have been going there for the last 25 years. 

I did the NMD and UKOG. Cost was excessive at 15,400 baht. Before I could get both at Bumrungrad for around 7,500.

Place opens at 6:30. Get there early to avoid the queues  and out by 10am but have to wait 4 hours to pick up the NMD certificate. UKOG have to wait 7-10 days and a return visit to pickup needed. 

• Thanks 1