Ratchaburi border run

If you already have a visa exempt entry you can apply for a 30 day extension at immigration (new rules).

If you have do not have more than one previous exempt entry you could do a border crossing for one if you have one from flying in.

Not sure but I think Cambodia would be the nearest border crossing.

I got educational visa then business then tourist then few visa exemptions then tourist again and very short business visa.

My passport is new with my last visa which expired tomorrow.

I was thinking to go to Myanmar that's very near from here, is there any border near Ratchaburi in Myanmar?

They tell you when you leave the country or turn you back.

But you will not have a problem because you do not have recent exempt entry.

Only those that have one and then want go out and return to get another one would have a problem.

so one could take tourist visa then exemption then tourist then exemption again and so on? or maybe it would just become harder to get the tourist visa.

Anyway I just need one more month then I will work abroad.

So they will inform me if I can come back to Thailand before to let me go to Cambodia?

I got like 4 exemption visas 4 months ago, so do you think that's ok?

The only one that does not require getting a visa for Myanmar in advance is Mae Sot.

There should be more.

Tachilek / Mae Sai

Three Pagodas pass (contrasting reports)

Kawthoung / Ranong (no visa exempt entry)

Posted for completeness, not to suggest OP should go there.

Edited by paz

The only one that does not require getting a visa for Myanmar in advance is Mae Sot.

There should be more.

Tachilek / Mae Sai

Three Pagodas pass (contrasting reports)

Kawthoung / Ranong (no visa exempt entry)

Posted for completeness, not to suggest OP should go there.

I only mentioned Mae Sot because that is the only one close to Ratchaburi where the OP is located.

• 4 years later...
On 9/25/2014 at 1:36 PM, ubonjoe said:

If you already have a visa exempt entry you can apply for a 30 day extension at immigration (new rules).

If you have do not have more than one previous exempt entry you could do a border crossing for one if you have one from flying in.

Not sure but I think Cambodia would be the nearest border crossing.

Just got viza extention 30days from ratchaburi immigration.  So wondering if with this extention am I able to go out at border and receive another 30 day extention  with auss passport. Or do I have to fly out?  

14 minutes ago, Joromei said:

Just got viza extention 30days from ratchaburi immigration.  So wondering if with this extention am I able to go out at border and receive another 30 day extention  with auss passport. Or do I have to fly out?  

Assuming you do not already have two visa exempt entries by land in 2019, you can leave Thailand and reenter at a land crossing and receive a 30-day visa exempt entry. 

Edited by BritTim