US appreciates Thailand's efforts to tackle human trafficking

webfact

US appreciates Thailand's efforts to tackle human trafficking
By Digital Content

14116298364284-640x390x1.jpg

NEW YORK, Sept 25 -- The United States recognises Thailand's more serious attempts to solve human trafficking, said Sihasak Phuangketkeow, Thai Permanent Secretary for Foreign Affairs, now in New York to attend the 69th UN General Assembly.

Yesterday Mr Sihasak met Daniel Russel, the Assistant US Secretary of State for East Asia and Pacific Affairs.

Afterward Mr Sihasak said that Mr Russel expressed concern regarding the Thai political landscape and urged both countries to look at the goals of the National Council for Peace and Order to bring Thailand to democracy in accordance with the council's roadmap.

Mr Sihasak said that the US considered Thailand as its most important partner for regional security and cooperation with ASEAN.

Regarding human trafficking problems, the US appreciated Thailand's serious attempts to solve them. The appreciation was reflected by the US president waiving sanctions against Thailand for its human trafficking status.

They also discussed bilateral cooperation on climate change and the American call for ASEAN to help fight against radical terrorist groups in Iraq and Syria. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-09-25

• Like 1

This is good to see. When will the USA administration crack down on the trafficking of children across the southern boarder in Texas? Or is this just another case of " Do what I say, not what I do ". Thousands of unaccompanied children locked up in detention centers. Which politician has the has a contract for the detention centers?

• Like 2

Not very keen on the bit about the US wanting to drag others, namely ASEAN, into their actions (for want of a better word) in the middle east.

Thailand has enough trouble of its own in the south with insurgents without giving them more excuses, as per 'you are attacking our brothers in Syria, Iraq or wherever'.

• Like 1

"Regarding human trafficking problems, the US appreciated Thailand's serious attempts to solve them. The appreciation was reflected by the US president waiving sanctions against Thailand for its human trafficking status.

They also discussed bilateral cooperation on climate change and the American call for ASEAN to help fight against radical terrorist groups in Iraq and Syria. (MCOT online news)"

The last sentence says it all.

• Like 1

This is good to see. When will the USA administration crack down on the trafficking of children across the southern boarder in Texas? Or is this just another case of " Do what I say, not what I do ". Thousands of unaccompanied children locked up in detention centers. Which politician has the has a contract for the detention centers?

Excellent point! The only thing I can add is an explanation as to why the Obama administration allows this flood of illegals across the USA southern border. Simply put, to Obama and the liberal democrats, these children and their families who will follow shortly are all potential voters. Unlike Thailand anyone with their "boots on the ground" in America can become a citizen. The only way the democrats can hold onto power is to allow a flood of new immigrants (New democrat voters) in country.

• Like 1

No quotes around this US State Dept. official's comments. A Thai paraphrasing in Thai to another Thai what an official said to a Thai in English. The Thai in turn attempts to translate in to English to a Thai reporter for MCOT digital, a Thai government rag. MCOT's motto in English is "dynamic infinity inspire." Something every English speaker in the word would readily understand.

Bomb illegally? Excuse me Are you watching the news? the present Government there is doing what to rid these parasites from there country? Are all those people fleeing the country over there because they hate it there? Are all those innocent people that are being beheaded staged sideshow? Or are you wanting to be Muslim? If so move there live among there people I'm sure you would fit in fine. The Us as usual is stepping up to the plate A bit slow yes But What do you expect from the Knucklehead running the show? If I were the President I would put boot to there Butts years ago. Insurgents understand one thing and one thing only an Eye for an eye. If US troops started beheading the insurgents then the Muslims in the world would cry foul. But you hear any outrage on what happening from Them?

Excellent point! The only thing I can add is an explanation as to why the Obama administration allows this flood of illegals across the USA southern border. Simply put, to Obama and the liberal democrats, these children and their families who will follow shortly are all potential voters. Unlike Thailand anyone with their "boots on the ground" in America can become a citizen. The only way the democrats can hold onto power is to allow a flood of new immigrants (New democrat voters) in country.

My thoughts exactly.......

The only good news today? Eric Holder is resigning....

Just a thought....

kilosierraclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The Obama administration is not "allowing" a flood of illegals into America. The drug wars in Central America is causing people to send their children to America so they aren't killed. The law states that minors who present themselves to an immigration officer at the border must be given a hearing. Hence, the detention centers so the children have someplace to sleep with a roof over it while waiting for their hearing. This law also was not signed into law by Obama. This law was signed by George W. Bush. It is not a bad law either to see that children are given a fair hearing and protected.

• Like 1

Thai politicians like to talk the talk, whether any thing constructive is being achieved is a different story , I would be surprised that any head way has been done , I also notice that this crowd with P.M. Prayuth is very similar to the PTP, lots of talk very little action. coffee1.gif

And the only way the republicans can win the Presidency is to crap on the constitution and deny people the right to vote. But it is too late, in 20 years, unless republicans do an about face, they will be unable to win a state-wide election in over half the states. I have long been a proponent of letting the right wing racists have their own space, perhaps Texas, where you folks can govern as you like. How about it?

That would be Secretary of State John Kerry since he is the one who imposed theses rediculous sanctions against Thai. If the US can not get the low price of imports they want, they seize the opportunity to make the poor people even more poor....US policy. You notice it was the assistant who met with the Thai forgein affairs? Its so John Kerry can hide, lie, and do whatever he wants to get that price, instead of acutally making good for anyone but himself and all the other corrupt politicians in the US. I was so happy to see the Thai nation stand together and rid itself of the corruption, and very upset to see the US do what it did to Thailand just make their lives better. First, the sanctioned aid to the Thai military. Then second, they sanctioned everything else. I really wish Thai would have said "so what". Really, the corruption is the US. Google -Jeff Daniels video, "The US is not the Greatest Nation Anymore". They are to busy pushing blame on the world. Thanks to all the people just like Secretary of State John Kerry.

Thailands serious attempt!

Where and when was that?

Regards

Well if you really care to know you could search and find many articles on the push to register and legalize the undocumented work force in Thailand.

For example:

Phuket begins registering illegal migrant workers

One-Stop-Service Registration Centers for Migrant Workers

Migrants flock to Thailand for worker registration

And so on and so forth...

if the Evil Empire appreciates something it makes me suspect it's not so good thing. It's hard to imagine which clandestine goals does the US Secretary of State chases is this case, but what I am sure about is that they don't care of real human trafficking victims, same they were not care about millions of Pol Pot's victims as soon as he was against the Soviet Union. Same as they were not care of Taksin's victims as soon as Taksin himself supported the idea to invest Thailand's assets in American bonds.

why do so many people believe the Devil's States? - some people never learn, and believe what is easy to believe in.

sad but true.