New shopping complex Chaweng,Beach road

irishken

Well - I think that it is great that there are banks open on a Sunday and some of the restaurants are pretty good - especially for Chaweng.

Powerbuy is OK, but not a regular visit.

Good parking thumbsup.gif and nice to have lots of regular places under one roof.

Looks good to me too. As i said in my OP i am looking for something for the kids to do for a hour instead of the beach all day and after reading a blog on what they have for kids it sounds fairly good . Obviously its a improvement on what was there before and i don't live there so for me it will be fine for a few days.

• Like 1

»…have some kids amenities in it to give them a break from the sun some days.«

Your kids may be disappointed; some hour’s break may be possible inside the activities name in an earlier post.

The semi-open-air “boutique style” mall is called Central Festival, about 500 meter long, running from the Chaweng Lake roundabout to the Beach Road at about McDonalds. “Central” is the biggest mall-chain in Thailand. Most vendors seems little up-price or tourist priced, probably due to high rent inside the mall, however a few shops have Okay prices; there are a number of IT-stores with competitive prices.

post-122720-0-20483700-1411727653_thumb.

Edited by khunPer

Don't forget the little sand pit with a few playthings for the toddlers.

It's a shame really. IMHO the whole thing is a wasted opportunity. Could have been so much nicer. Still, it's better than what was there before.

There's an arcade, 3d movie ride and a ghost house.

• Like 2