Killers of Britons may have fled Koh Tao - Police pin hopes on DNA test results

webfact

Ozzy, you keep referring to necrophilia. Where are you getting this from?

Maybe making it up as he knows no more than everyone else. He could of course just like the word!

Right get this, its more than likely she would have screamed, tried to escape if she were alive when she was raped, why did no one hear anything, i would say it is possible she was dead .

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

police have pinned all their hopes on the DNA test results of samples they have collected from almost everybody on Koh Tao
"As of yesterday, police had collected about 200 DNA samples from people on Koh Tao, mostly immigrant workers."
I thought the population of Koh Tao was close to 1,300. If that's the case 200 DNA samples is not "almost everybody" on Koh Tao.

First you can rule out non-Asians, then you can rule out women (probably 60% of the island's population), then rule out boy babies, children, and young teens, then Thai men over 50, rule out the blind, the lame, and the mentally incompetent. The police, according to Thai PBS http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/100-dna-samples-yet-tested/ have tested 200 DNA samples and still have 100 they have not tested. That's 300 DNA samples so far. I would say that for rural Thailand, to have 300 virile men out of a total population of 1,300 is about right. Where does it say the police have stopped collecting DNA samples?

Edited by rametindallas

How long did it take to have the results from the DNA samples of the village headman and brother (Mon)? Strangely enough that result was rushed far more than any other result in this case. For other results it took more than 48 hours, while their result was less than 24 o.O

About the bullet theory, it's also one that i don't buy into. Sadly i did see the photo, because someone started to share it here on TV.

I have not read anywhere that they have been cleared because of DNA evidence, please supply a link. The media reports the day following the headman/brother being interviewed were very confused, some said they did give samples while others said they didn't and some reports also mentioned 2 people refused to give samples. The exact same reports also stated police cleared them both immediately after the interviews, so how could they possibly have tested any samples?

It was reported by PBS but also in article on TV (cannot find it right now because there is so many, also some within other new topics).

They did give DNA test when the headman and his brother was being taken in together for questioning, however, first time Mon (the brother) was detained for questioning he refused to give the test. I think it was tuesday that they got the sample from them and wednesday it was reported that they were cleared by the test, however at that time Mon was still detained.

Now on another thread, the story of David Miller's friends who were chased by "fake police" and men on motorbikes through Bangkok as they tried to leave the country following the murders.

What next?

Why would you put that out as fact and not include a link. Your are gossiping. And you're not even making comments on you gossip.

What next?

What's next? More gossip.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ozzy, you keep referring to necrophilia. Where are you getting this from?

Maybe making it up as he knows no more than everyone else. He could of course just like the word!

Right get this, its more than likely she would have screamed, tried to escape if she were alive when she was raped, why did no one hear anything, i would say it is possible she was dead .

If you have seen photoes from the crime scene, you would not rule out Ozzys ideas. When I looked at the photoes I thought the same.

Looking at the photoes made me sick.

• Like 1

Now on another thread, the story of David Miller's friends who were chased by "fake police" and men on motorbikes through Bangkok as they tried to leave the country following the murders.

What next?

Why would you put that out as fact and not include a link. Your are gossiping. And you're not even making comments on you gossip.

What next?

So stating that there is a story running in another thread is gossip is it?

Sorry, if you were following this case closely you'd know there are several threads running concurrently on Thaivisa and myself and others did provide links in the others.

Maybe you could do something more constructive with you posts.

What next?

What next?

So stating that there is a story running in another thread is gossip is it?

Sorry, if you were following this case closely you'd know there are several threads running concurrently on Thaivisa and myself and others did provide links in the others.

Maybe you could do something more constructive with you posts.

He would be fitting right in with BiB trying to divert peoples attention from what could actually be leads in this case.

"The attackers who probably used drugs..."

What is the going price for yaba or ice on Koh Tao ? I'm asking this because considering most migrant workers earn a pittance the cost alone would probably rule most of them out. The source of the drugs is also be a big can of worms waiting to be opened. Just the other day 3 police officers in Nan were convicted for trafficing 1 million yaba pills. Is it inconceivable that something similar could be going on down on Koh Tao ? It would explain a lot as to why all leads are seemingly dead ends. Too much at stake for sure and the terrible murders may only be the tip of the iceberg. What a tangled web is being woven in this case.

I have read that the locals know who did it, I'm sure this includes local thai police. Obviously this crime was committed by mafia. The police don't want to pull them in. I am guessing everybody has been paid off already. There is no genuine investigation going on, just wasting time.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you have seen photoes from the crime scene, you would not rule out Ozzys ideas. When I looked at the photoes I thought the same.

Looking at the photoes made me sick.

Not being a criminologist, but having sadly seen one of the pictures, do rapists rape dead bodies? Particularly ones in the condition of this poor girl.

I can beleive a group of horrible blokes gang raping a person, I have a difficult time one of them bludgeoning her to death and the rest raping her.

Sorry, but surely she was alive, and most likely one of the group hit her and killed her.

Very hard to know what was in the mind of the killers. The real motives behind this can only be revealed once the killers are caught, which is looking very unlikely the way the case is proceeding.

It could have been a sex attack, a revenge attack for perceived loss of face from an earlier encounter, or just a chance meeting with some drugged up/drunks that turned nasty and spiraled out of control. Necrophilia is not unknown in sex crimes, but not that common either. Far too many loose comments form an assortment of police officers and media to even hazard any kind of guess other than pure speculation. Ignoring all the rhetoric, the competence and thoroughness of the autopsy and forensic reports should provide some pointers to the investigating officers. But, that just doesn't seem to happen in Thailand. After all this time they still seem clueless, and going round in circles as usual.

There seems to be a few posters (and please, I don't include you in this Thai at Heart) who regularly include a comment that they have seen the awful photos, and then talk about them as if it gives them some superior insight or information that others just couldn't deal with. Not only is this patronizing and condescending its also crass and insensitive. Noticeably, most the one who do this don't have many postings. Sad really.

I accidentally came across.one that a friend had put on Facebook by sharing an article.

Nothing was covered. This was why I cannot envisage any man wanting to commit rape after such a violent act being done to the victim. It would show a level of violence and depravity beyond anything I can comprehend that is for sure.

Very disturbing photos indeed, and repulsive that these even became available to the public. Shame on those who released the photos to begin with, also just yet another thing that shows how this case has been handled.

And shame on those who keep posting about how they saw these pictures (by accident, yeah right) and commenting about them, how graphic they are and how only those who have seen them can understand, blah,blah, blah.

Sick.

• Like 1

I accidentally came across.one that a friend had put on Facebook by sharing an article.

Nothing was covered. This was why I cannot envisage any man wanting to commit rape after such a violent act being done to the victim. It would show a level of violence and depravity beyond anything I can comprehend that is for sure.

Very disturbing photos indeed, and repulsive that these even became available to the public. Shame on those who released the photos to begin with, also just yet another thing that shows how this case has been handled.

And shame on those who keep posting about how they saw these pictures (by accident, yeah right) and commenting about them, how graphic they are and how only those who have seen them can understand, blah,blah, blah.

Sick.

Who ever claimed that there was anything to understand from these photos? I have urged people not to look for the photos, reported every single time these photos appear on TV either as attachment or links. Written many times that people would be better off not seeing them.

But sorry for us having a debate, and actually try to calm down the necrophilia rumors.

Nobody will get anything good out of seeing these photos, all they will do is make you feel sick, so don't pretend that anyone here is trying to appear as having superior knowledge cause they have seen em, i think most of us regret to even have been able to put our eyes upon em.

Thanks for your judgement, you must be sick if you really believe that most of us feel like that about the photos!

Edited by Iumentum
  • Like 1

A personal attack that turned into a bickering session and replies have been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Sick.

Who ever claimed that there was anything to understand from these photos? I have urged people not to look for the photos, reported every single time these photos appear on TV either as attachment or links. Written many times that people would be better off not seeing them.

But sorry for us having a debate, and actually try to calm down the necrophilia rumors.

Nobody will get anything good out of seeing these photos, all they will do is make you feel sick, so don't pretend that anyone here is trying to appear as having superior knowledge cause they have seen em, i think most of us regret to even have been able to put our eyes upon em.

Thanks for your judgement, you must be sick if you really believe that most of us feel like that about the photos!

Absolutely. They shouldn't be in the public domain at all,but what they do show is the level of violence by these monsters.

Not saying anymore because its speculative. But these people are monsters.

I have read that the locals know who did it, I'm sure this includes local thai police. Obviously this crime was committed by mafia. The police don't want to pull them in. I am guessing everybody has been paid off already. There is no genuine investigation going on, just wasting time.

Where did you read this? A link would be useful.

Where did you read this? A link would be useful.

Only what i've read on here in the past week. It is a very small island so could easily be true. You can't trust the local police.

l think she was drugged in the bar then dragged to the beach, only reason I can see their was no screams, and the poor lad was lured to the beach and killed too.

Maybe all about the argument in bar.

I am not an investigator but this is what I think:

the killer was in the same bar as them that night, so where is the cctv footage from that night ? what about all the other guys and girls tourists in the bar that night ? there must be hundreds of photos on peoples phones and cameras from that night. Proper police work would be to gather together photos of that night and then track the people down and interview and dna test them. Obviously if we have Asian DNA from the victim then it is an Asian we are looking for. Or we could skip all this and the police could bring the killers in now. It is so obvious to all us on here that they know who did it and he is been protected / hidden away till things cool down. The police are as bad as the killers, turning a blind eye for a bit of cash, or maybe a lot

What if this case happened in BKK? There will be what... more than 10 million DNA samples. Seriously, in a society big on face-saving, the BiBs are doing a damned good job carving up their own faces.

Correct they are loosing face, but the money / bribes will more than compensate for that in this case.

CCTV Footage from inside the bars, Mobile Phones location and activity, Satallite Imagery of moving boats / ships around the Island - all can be used and studied to work out what happened and bring the killers to justice.Modern I Phones can even be tracked even if they are not turned on.

I can only hope that the General is watching this and giving the local police enough time and rope to hang themselves with as part of his " clearing up " campaign. Give them until end of Sept and then invite Scotland Yard to assist. In less than 1 week the killers will be known - bearing in mind how much evidence is already there !

It would be a complete travesty if Thailand did not allow the Yard to assist if they can't nail this themselves. Respect would increase big time !

Do the right thing please General - there is too much for you and Thailand to lose here !

• Like 2