Police shift focus to foreign tourists in Koh Tao murdere probe

webfact

What theoretically can Britain as a country do in a case like this? What powers do they have ? And what powers could they enforce if they really wanted to make sure this was solved??

One simple thing they could do is threaten to warn all British tourists to avoid Thailand as the country is unsafe for women and lawless......taking the Thai prime ministers advice.

Therefore all Brits (including myself) should rally around the embassy with a news crew and make it known that the govt have to take this seriously

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very strange. The Headmans son became a suspect because he left the island on the first ferry after the murder. Now he has seemingly proved he was in bangkok.

Either the police are incompetent because he did not leave on the first ferry, or they are incomepetant because despite the evidence to the contrary, he did.

I suppose you could substitute corrupt for incomepetant in the latter case.

We have not heard that his DNA did not match have we? Also, Bangkok has cameras everywhere so lets see proof that he was there and not on the island. And why has it taken them 5 days to decide that he was in Bangkok?

It's simple, it's a lie and they're making it up as they go along.

Come on Sean, speak! Did you really have such a bad accident that you needed someone to play "mummy" and wipe blood off your face for you?

Tell us the nature of the accident and the circumstances. We need to know the credibility of Mr "I was in Bangkok" Warot's revelations.

Well, considering how Thais do like pointing fingers, considering the reward offered,

considering that they pointed the fingers at the victims, their friends and now even

at social media, I'm absolutely amazed that no one pointed the finger at the "blood

covered" farang right from the start.

Sean must have some bloody good connections very, very high up, if people were

so scared to point their finger at a farang for so long.

Just wait till tomorrow and the police and press will make us believe this atrocities

did never happen and is just in the imagination of some disgruntled farang as it's

just impossible such a thing would happen, here on the islands.

What an absolute farce, I know if I were on koh Tao now I would get out of there very quickly indeed because some poor innocent sod is going to be framed for this very soon. More likely to be a foreigner too because remember, "a Thai national wouldn't commit such a crime "

I thought these idiots stated days ago that they had enough evidence to make an arrest. What a bunch of clowns these Thai police are. Sad to say it but at the rate these pigs are fouling up their investigation the murderers may never be caught.

Edited by ldiablo

The headmans son in Bangkok, in what way is he cleared from this? How did he prove that he was in Bangkok that day? Has someone look into that evidence in depth? Has he left DNA sample?

In the DNA sample I believe it is possible to see also if it is a relative who is the perpetrator. For example if they take a sample from the son they can see if it is the father who did the murder.Or at least soemone related. Or am I wrong about this?

• Like 1

Did I wrongly get the impression there was a DNA match earlier for one suspect. ?

Surely the person who managed to be in Bangkok has been DNA tested to make sure he did not pop in and out of the idyllic beach resort during the night ?

Nono, can't have that...

He is well connected and had time to get an alibi, so all good, no DNA test for him, even though he was a prime suspect facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

After following this case and the resulting farce that is Thailand, i sincerely hope that one of these two murdered persons has a brother or relation in the SAS or something nastier, it really would be nice to see these clowns on their toes for a change.........I've always been surprised that some disgruntled Farang ex serviceman hasn't had enough of all this homegrown BS and gone professional on them........Ah well............I'm so sorry for the families of these two young bright individuals, robbed of their lives by some low life cockroaches..........R.I.P.

Edited by SupermarineS6B
  • Like 2

How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? ................ Sherlock Holmes C1890

If adopted by the Thai Brownies they'd go like:

As it was 'impossible' to find [name] the real culprit and also impossible to pin it on a scapegoat [damn DNA-thingy] it must have been ghosts.

We are ready to make arrests in the next 2 centuries if not hindered further by press & social media.

RTB 2014

Edited by jollyhangmon
  • Like 1

The headmans son in Bangkok, in what way is he cleared from this? How did he prove that he was in Bangkok that day? Has someone look into that evidence in depth? Has he left DNA sample?

In the DNA sample I believe it is possible to see also if it is a relative who is the perpetrator. For example if they take a sample from the son they can see if it is the father who did the murder.Or at least soemone related. Or am I wrong about this?

In about as much detail as a western suicide!

I don't get it. The samples of Hannah's body indicated they were of two Asian men, yet they first state that "no thai could do this". Then investigate local families members for a little while, give confusing statements to the press that some of them are and suddenly aren't suspects, clear some of them out without DNA test, and then shift focus on foreigners once again - despite the fact: the DNA is still of two Asian men.

This case confuses the hell out of me, mostly because of how police has handled the investigation. But it all looks very much like done by seasoned criminals, mafia, or such - done with pack-mentality (several suspects). Someone said that it was about 2minutes walk from the bar to the murder scene - and it was right next to the beach party. There were several killers. I don't think foreign tourists would have the guts to actually do something like this on a foreign island, right next to the people (what was it, 100 meters to the party?). Especially knowing the consequences if getting caught. Only someone who relied they would not get judged, or at least convicted, would do something like this in a pack, so close to the beach party and the bar (where they most likely were followed from). Also, the events leading into the murder probably have had to happen at the bar. It's only logical explanation.

Now on a weird side-note, I remember checking Hannah's memorial page on Facebook right at the beginning. It was 15th or 16th day. There was this guy called "Julius Montenegro" who posted the raw death pics (shame on him, as it was insulting towards victims family) on that day. What was weird about it, was that he wrote a story about a local gangster hitting on Hannah at AC Bar, which he claimed to be led into the argument between the parties in the bar. It was weird, because this (to my knowledge) was not speculated on the news anywhere so early, but was mentioned days afterwards the first time. Don't know where he got the information from, and his name obviously was an alias, and was deleted later on (can't find his profile), as well as his posts on the memorial page, which also can't be read anymore. He was called a troll back then, but similar speculation about the argument later on reached news, as well.

Actually, this is by xray on Thaivisa forums at 19th of Sep (considering "Julius'" posts on FB):

"Somebody posted on Hannah's original Facebook stating why the where killed that night, they said that in the bar a local Thai was hitting on Hannah and Dave got in a argument with the Thai.

The Thai left and was hiding on the beach with a friend waiting for them to leave around AC bar.

Everybody I know on Koh Tao who works there left the same day because all bartenders are foreigners with no work permits, they all say this is what happened. It's sad you don't hear about this in the news.!" "

"Julius Montenegro" had to have posted either 15th of Sep (I think this is correct) or 16th, since the replies to his "story" and pictures on the memorial page are still up, and they date back to the 16th.

For some reason, the story described above sounds very probable.

I heard three nights ago in a restaurant in Koh Phangan, from a guy who is married to a thai and knows people on Koh Tao, that the argument did take place with the guy in question.

He then gave an order to two , staff, or other Asian men, to kill them.

Regarding the story about blood on Mcanna's face , this needs to be cleared up, yes how did it happen, what accident, at what time etc.

The police , i think .don't really want to solve this .

If the guy in question is the bar manager, sounds plausible to me. Sent a few minions to do revenge for loss of face. Maybe he even watched. Then ensured his minions' escape and led police on a merry time-wasting dance, including the suspect relative fleeing to Bangkok..except he wasn't fleeing, he was at Uni at the time. Also, what happened re: the allegation of a gunshot wound to Hannah? did that have any bearing?

After following this case and the resulting farce that is Thailand, i sincerely hope that one of these two murdered persons has a brother or relation in the SAS or something nastier, it really would be nice to see these clowns on their toes for a change.........I've always been surprised that some disgruntled Farang ex serviceman hasn't had enough of all this homegrown BS and gone professional on them........Ah well............I'm so sorry for the families of these two young bright individuals, robbed of their lives by some low life cockroaches..........R.I.P.

Well if you were going to have a bad hair day, that'd be the place to have it.

Evidence he was not there? His word? Take a DNA sample and that should clear the issue of being there or not

Dear dear, you are so mistrusting, an up standing and respected member of the KT community said he wasnt there, if its good for the BiB, that should be good enough for your, DNA samples...cheesy.gif .....you have the word of an honourable person, dont need anymore than that...thumbsup.gif

This is not only like a punch in the face of the poor parents of this unfortunate couple, but a punch in the face of international justice! Thailand's police force as a whole should be ashamed of themselves. I have no sympathy anymore for this bunch of morons. A uniform doesn't make a person a good or trustworthly person, heart and sould does, but it seems the main requirement to get into Thailand's police force is the very absence of heart and soul... If I woud be a parent, I would spend my last dime on the best undercover investigator I can get, send him to Koh Tao, find out who did it and then pay a Nakhon hitman to pull the plug on both thugs and send me photos. Anyone who trusts in "justice being served" here in Thailand could also start writing letters to Santa Claus now, because the reality level is about similar... I am upset and disgusted and feel so utterly sorry for the parents. Such a shame!

This is what happens when folk pay for a job. Yep, pay for job and/or promotion. Thats why nobody knows what they are doing. Sad...sad.png

• Like 1

I've been reading a lot about her being shot in the cheek and later the hoe being used to cover up the gunshot wound. Some have posted they've seen photo's and some have posted they know for a fact she was shot first. Where is this coming from and is there any truth to it? I would imagine if this were true, I would be reading about it elsewhere as well.