Can I bring in a unopened iPhone 6 into Thailand for GF, Thanks All...

Dannyboy666

They will charge you duty. Aside from that yes. BTW make sure you have all documentation to show that it is real and not a fake.

guestimate ?? On duty ? If I open it, will I have to pay? Edited by Dannyboy666

They will charge you duty. Aside from that yes. BTW make sure you have all documentation to show that it is real and not a fake.

guestimate ?? On duty ? If I open it, will I have to pay?

Not a matter of you opening it they will to make sure it is not a copy or smuggled. Customs have been busting down on smuggled iPhone 6's. Think about this..iPhone 6's will not be legally solid in Thailand until at least December. At present smuggled iPhone 6 are going for 150,000 baht. How long will you G/F have this phone before it is stollen. Personally give her gold its safer and smarter.

150,000 baht for an Iphone 6? Buying a ticket and fly to the US to buy one is cheaper.

I would not put the phone in my luggage to tempt the guys at the x-ray scanner. But I also do not care about the unopened status and just would open it, put a sim card in it and pretend it was my second phone. If you want the box you can buy an empty one at Pantip plaza I am sure. Or put the empty box without charger in your luggage so it won't show up at the x-ray.

• Like 1

Not a matter of you opening it they will to make sure it is not a copy or smuggled. Customs have been busting down on smuggled iPhone 6's. Think about this..iPhone 6's will not be legally solid in Thailand until at least December. At present smuggled iPhone 6 are going for 150,000 baht. How long will you G/F have this phone before it is stollen. Personally give her gold its safer and smarter.

Open it and put a prepaid sim inside from your home country and handle it as your second phone. Never had a problem this way.

By the way you can buy iphone 6 in Central Festival with starting price 45.000 baht.............150.000guitar.gif.pagespeed.ce.Rjd-vqhNlw.gif

• Like 1

I would think that if its just one iPhone 6 it wouldn't be a problem, my brother bought 2 iPhone 5s (not the 5S) from the US when they were launched for my cousin with no problems.

I would think that if its just one iPhone 6 there wouldn't be any problems, my brother bought 2 iPhone 5s (not the 5S) from the US when they were launched for my cousin with no problems.

However it were multiple phones, say 5 or more, I could see a issue with customs.

Edited by arkom

One or two for personal use is no problem. I have been to MBK this week and I never seen an iPhone for 140,000. Try 40-50,000 starting. Some TV members live to stretch the truth.

" Some TV members live to stretch the truth. "

As Daniel Patrick Moynihan famously said:

Quotation-Daniel-Patrick-Moynihan-facts- On TV the distinction is largely ignored.

• Like 1

. Oh No , she Gambled all her Gold already, she doesn't gamble phones, we'll anyway not yet,at least I don't have to buy Gold anymore, she knows I never again buy her Gold...