Any issues at Suvanabhumi immigration arriving with ED visa?

Just looking for reports of people entering on 2nd and 3rd ED visa via flghts in Bangkok. Last time I flew back in the officer immediately started speaking Thai to me asking questions before she realized I was just entering on visa exempt. She seemed eager to grill me, just want to know others' experiences recently as next time I will be coming on ED visa.

There will be no problem entering with a newly issued non-ed visa.

The only people reported of having any problem was those with a multiple entry non-ed visas doing an entry for an additional 90 days.

Thanks for the reply. That being said, if I opt for multiple entry ED visa, I could expect possible issues on any trips outside Thailand after my first entry? I have some leisure travel I'm on the fence about if this could be the case... Or if I'm not seeking extension from these trips and will do the standard 90 day extension at Chaengwattana, should I assume they'll be more lax at airport immigration?

Seems horrible that myself or anyone else has to even be concerned about these things :(

The only people reported of having any problem was those with a multiple entry non-ed visas doing an entry for an additional 90 days.

Thanks for the reply. That being said, if I opt for multiple entry ED visa, I could expect possible issues on any trips outside Thailand after my first entry? I have some leisure travel I'm on the fence about if this could be the case... Or if I'm not seeking extension from these trips and will do the standard 90 day extension at Chaengwattana, should I assume they'll be more lax at airport immigration?

Seems horrible that myself or anyone else has to even be concerned about these things sad.png

G'day ChiTownHustla, I'm on a 12 month multi-entry ED visa. I didn't face any difficulties when I re-entered in early Sep. You can see my post here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/758870-recent-suvarnabhumi-entry-experience-multi-entry-ed-visa/

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

ptorphy.

• Like 1

If it's your first one, no worries. But I know two people who got questioned about why they can't speak Thai even after 2 years of a visa that is meant for them to study Thai. They both got in, but I'd be willing to bet that loophole is soon to be closed.

Not sure why people on that visa don't, you know, learn Thai. It's a small price to pay for an fairly hassle free kind of long-stay visa.

Seems horrible that myself or anyone else has to even be concerned about these things sad.png

If you have been studying, just answer the questions. What is the problem?

I shall be entering Thailand in future on an ED visa, which is nothing whatever to do with learning Thai, or, indeed, anything to do with Thai culture.

Not sure whether that makes matters better or worse!!

We'll see.

Carry a letter from your school with you to show immigration.

For the original poster: I'm on a multiple entry ED visa. Third year. Had to make two trips out of Thailand within the first few months of the visa. One time coming in the immigration officer asked me in English where my school was, and I answered them in Thai which satisfied them. Second time there was no problem at all.

Just in case I carry a letter from my school (in Thai) confirming I am studying and about 30,000 baht in case they asked for funds- but that's never happened and I suspect I'm only doing this because of Thai Visa induced paranoia. Does anybody have links to topics where multiple-entry ED visa people have had trouble?

• Like 1

Not that its really your concern, or your business.... But since you've taken a condescending chat tone with me, I'll tell you the problem. This is my 3rd ED visa. 2 years ago I suffered a bad car accident, 1 year ago, back surgery. Both hindered my study time to next to nothing. I can speak and understand a decent amount, but probably not as much as a third year student should, hence my worry.

• Like 1

Not that its really your concern, or your business.... But since you've taken a condescending chat tone with me, I'll tell you the problem. This is my 3rd ED visa. 2 years ago I suffered a bad car accident, 1 year ago, back surgery. Both hindered my study time to next to nothing. I can speak and understand a decent amount, but probably not as much as a third year student should, hence my worry.

Learn to relax a bit. It is a normal question, nothing condescending about it.

If you tell immigration the same story without getting stroppy you don't have a problem.