The best way to get fast internet in your condo in pattaya

juice777

Hi Guys

I am looking on line for a condo in pattaya but it is very important to me that i have high speed internet

can any one tell me how the best way to go about this is

is there questions i s should be asking the condo management before i move in like which isp are available in there building

i don't mind if i go through my mobile phone or through a phone line also i don't mind paying extra for a fast and reliable line

it needs to be fast enough so i can stream video and use skype

thanks for any help

Believe it or not I use a DTAC dongle and I can stream all the sport that I want tennis cricket rugby etc and it works perfectly well....400baht a month.

What is your data limit though on that? streaming skype, youtube etc would eat data I would imagine for 400bhat a month your capped at around 1gb? I use that in less than a day!

@OP: You want to be looking at getting truemove with the fastest speeds/package possible id imagine? or check out TOT & 3BB.

Alot of condo`s have there own internet network you can connect too giving you the internet which you pay to the condo office, however in my experience these are usually quite slow especially during peak times (when everyone logs in after work etc)

Edited by ryanhull

Believe it or not I use a DTAC dongle and I can stream all the sport that I want tennis cricket rugby etc and it works perfectly well....400baht a month.

What is your data limit though on that? streaming skype, youtube etc would eat data I would imagine for 400bhat a month your capped at around 1gb? I use that in less than a day!

@OP: You want to be looking at getting truemove with the fastest speeds/package possible id imagine? or check out TOT & 3BB.

Alot of condo`s have there own internet network you can connect too giving you the internet which you pay to the condo office, however in my experience these are usually quite slow especially during peak times (when everyone logs in after work etc)

Many condos offer a ADSL, we offer ADSL from TOT and most recently 3BB. We also have a True satellite dish on the roof. Individual units cannot have their own dish. He needs to check with his condo office.

Inform condo management. They will not stand in the way. But they will have to know in case their maint. guy needs to connect internally via the existing phone wires. If it is an old condo I would inquire about running a new cable directly from property line / main phone box to your condo, can be regular (buy the good one) phone wire @ ca. 600 Baht a 100 m roll or can be specialized ADSL wire, ca. 2000.-- / 100m., suitable for outside. The strings that hang along Pattaya's roads are mostly ADSL & TV cable. If you run a new cable you will not have any signal issues, if the existing line goes through several boxes or is rotten... Also make sure you get the one with 4 wires in it, then you have always 1 back-up, as you need only 2. Most condos have the 4 wires one, so 2 wires will be for your land-line or internal phone and 2 wires for your ADSL modem. You might need an extra phone socket or you can hard-wire the 2 wires directly into the short phone cable that goes into the modem/router.

If you want really fast, go check with TOT & 3BB, they have good promotions on fiber-optic and run your own cable directly directly into your condo. Either of them now does most locations in town. Have not tried True yet, might be the third one to check out, next to Kasikorn/Tukom Good luck. MS>

• Like 1

Have not tried True yet, might be the third one to check out, .....

True are daft. They wont install anything in my condo building above the 3rd floor, even though all the cables are in place and the internal cabling can only be worked on by the building technicians anyway.

Plus of course, even if they did need to run new cables all movement inside the condo is done in elevators and there are service channels from the ground to every floor in dedicated rooms on each floor. Anyone would imagine that True expect to be scaling the walls outside, or abseiling down from the roof a la Mission Impossible.

Inform condo management. They will not stand in the way......... /quote]

Not sure what you meant by that. Implication is you do want you want. That's not the way it works, the condo office or management committee will explain what you can and cannot do as they represent the interests of all the homeowners. The common areas, internal building wiring can be accessed with permission only, usually by building maintenance team. For example, owners in our project cannot put satellite dishes on their balconies or run cabling down the exterior walls of the building for roof dishes. All wiring is done internally. A new cable provider must get permissions from condo management. We, the homeowners, vote on these issues at our AGM.

Data limit is 3gb but you can get unlimited if you want to pay I think it is 800 baht a month.

Big advantage is that you pay as you go ie no plans no installations etc

If you move no biggy take your dongle with you anywhere

Works for me.

Have not tried True yet, might be the third one to check out, .....

True are daft. They wont install anything in my condo building above the 3rd floor, even though all the cables are in place and the internal cabling can only be worked on by the building technicians anyway.

Plus of course, even if they did need to run new cables all movement inside the condo is done in elevators and there are service channels from the ground to every floor in dedicated rooms on each floor. Anyone would imagine that True expect to be scaling the walls outside, or abseiling down from the roof a la Mission Impossible.

I was thinking that True only has cable offer around pattaya and not adsl.

It seemed to me that the reason why they cannot connect condos is that they need cable socket in rooms ?

I was thinking that True only has cable offer around pattaya and not adsl.

It seemed to me that the reason why they cannot connect condos is that they need cable socket in rooms ?

True have ADSL in Pattaya as far as I know. Just not above the 3rd floor.

My condo unit has several cable sockets and two entirely different cables feeding them (one for TV and one for broadband, though each could be used for either service). OK, True would have to liaise with the building to install their head-end and use the internal cables or run new cables but I don't see why they cant do that.

They just dont seem to want to know about anything over the 3rd floor.

Data limit is 3gb but you can get unlimited if you want to pay I think it is 800 baht a month.

Big advantage is that you pay as you go ie no plans no installations etc

If you move no biggy take your dongle with you anywhere

Works for me.

Not true, no such thing as unlimited, I think the biggest package dtac, true or ais offer is 12gb for 899bhat with dtac ... Good amount of data but when your streaming or download movies it doesn't go that far.

Look in to true wireless. It is 99 baht per month, and the signal can be strong depending upon your location. I had it in Naklua for 18 months, and it was pretty good.

It is good value. I use it as a backup as I can order it on in just a couple of seconds from my tablet and the payment is only for one month. About the only inconvenience is the automatic disconnections after a couple of hours, but no big deal to reconnect. They may cap the service to an extent after very high usage.