Condo-staff out of order ... ?

Jimlove

woaaah.....the OP sounds like a real imperialistic creep! maybe some of those Thai dudes he speaks so disparagingly of will catch him in the car park one night and knock him around a bit and teach him some manners.

No need to knock him around. Besides, that only hurts for a few days. The staff at the condo have three months in which they can show him the error of his ways, with no visible evidence to point back at them.

If you piss off your waiter he might spit in your soup. Get your car mechanic angry enough and your engine might develop a tic...

And if you live in a building that requires service staff paying attention to your everyday needs and you make them unhappy, one might not get their mail, the electricity might go off, or water pressure might suddenly drop... There are many things that are controlled from outside the apartment that can 'mysteriously' malfunction, especially over the course of three months.

Hey Jim... please don't suggest to the condo staff to "remember to take your yabba today" as you suggested to me. They are in a position to make you pay for your libel.

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woaaah.....the OP sounds like a real imperialistic creep! maybe some of those Thai dudes he speaks so disparagingly of will catch him in the car park one night and knock him around a bit and teach him some manners.

One on one would be just fine but that's not how it goes down in your beloved Land of 2 Faces - Here its the coward-style: 3 or more thais on one, right ...bah.gif

Jim... you've been a member of ThaiVisa for just two weeks and you've managed to alienate yourself from most of the members. That's got to be some sort of record. And with this last post of yours, you've probably made enemies of every single Thai person here. "Land of 2 Faces?" What in heaven's name are you even doing here if you feel this way? Perhaps it's time for you to write off the three months rent, pay up and get outta Dodge before the Earp brothers get back. This is NOT going to be a healthy environment for you...

Who will have the last word on this thread...Jimlove or FolkGuitar?

My money's on FG.

• Like 1

You are referring to people who are not looking to fit into the Thai way of life. Merely the benefits they get from the cheaper prices.

I would say that group of people includes a lot of foreigners living in Chiang Mai. They want more Western food restaurants, more shopping malls, sidewalks like in Western countries, bike paths on the roads that already have too may cars, changes to Thai language words that refer to foreigners.

Things will change. My opinion is the changes should be what the Thai citizens want...... not what expats want.

I agree with you.

That being said I do admit to liking some of the changes. But will never complain about not having them. I very much enjoy the different culture. The Language is a huge problem for me as I have a very hard time with pronunciation and hearing the tones not to mention a bad memory. But it does allow me times to laugh at myself with others and nobody hurt.

This guy clearly doesn't like Thais, you only need to look at his other posts on Thaivisa to see that. If I held his views I certainly wouldn't stay here. I wonder why he does?

"Posted Yesterday, 18:26

If you think a fake smile is friendly then yes Thailand is friendly, just know that its just a facade ...."

Jim love indeed. The question is, who does he love?

• Like 1