Freezer compartment door needed in Pattaya.

infinity11

• 2 weeks later...

I think the freezer compartment will have a switch to defrost and set the temperature separate from the fridge compartment.

Turning this switch to zero will render the freezer compartment inactive.

Edit: those with the plastic door usually don't have that switch.

Final solution, pour the freezer compartment full with concrete.

Edited by TheCruncher
  • Like 1

there is only one adjustment for the fridge AND freezer

a dial from coldest to warmest and a button to push that helps defrosting

so in this case, nope

but i still toy with the idea of turning off the freezer somehow

if i only knew which wires to severe or unplug without affecting the whole

we'll see how my cardboard door block works too

there is also a gap where air leaks towards the bottom of the door

sigh

at least it still works for now and the food is cool

thanks

something probably broken

i don't think the thing ever turns off though i keep it on low like before

still working yet collecting and freezing condensation as we speak

can these things be fixed in pattaya?

have you ever noticed the heat radiating from the sides of these things?

• 1 month later...

I am going to attempt the imporabable and call and see if this available or how i might be able to get a plastic freezer door for Toshiba model GR-A1806DEP:

Plastic freezer inner door repacement approximately 40cm X 20 cm.

Any and all helpful suggestions welcome.

If you have one or more please contact me ASAP.

Thanks.

Sounds like you need a Toshiba dealer unless any member may have a non functioning fridge that that have in the back yard that they would let you have the lid/door, maybe a photo would help.

Toshiba site is telling me there is no toshiba dealer in pattaya but another site is telling me tuk com, but i think that is proably for computers only.

I Copied and pasted below hence the font size and NO phone number.

Photos of fridge, inner freezer and part of door attempting to attach now.

Shop Toshiba @ Pattaya - Tukcom Pattaya

3rd Floor, Tukcom IT Center, 8 Moo 10, Pattaya Tai (South Road), Pattaya, Bang Lamung, Central Pattaya, Pattaya, 20260

post-86831-0-68827700-1416130365_thumb.j

post-86831-0-86318100-1416130505_thumb.j

post-86831-0-96864000-1416130705_thumb.j

Go and see this guy on Na-klue road he will probably have something that fits or can get it for you.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9649572,100.8975857,3a,25.7y,144.29h,80.62t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1smzcBoKua1-RqXJtKIaiP2Q!2e0

This might be exaclty what i am looking for, boneyard for old fridges and parts.

Is there any chance you can get a phone number, thai and or english, either will do.

Thanks.

Any more places like this?

In pattaya?

Go and see this guy on Na-klue road he will probably have something that fits or can get it for you.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9649572,100.8975857,3a,25.7y,144.29h,80.62t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1smzcBoKua1-RqXJtKIaiP2Q!2e0

This might be exaclty what i am looking for, boneyard for old fridges and parts.

Is there any chance you can get a phone number, thai and or english, either will do.

Thanks.

In pattaya?

Their phone number is ( have not tried it ) 038 225755

there are other places like this around Pattaya but I've only used this place as he seems to know his stuff and doesn't try to rip you off.

• Like 1

Sounds like you need a Toshiba dealer unless any member may have a non functioning fridge that that have in the back yard that they would let you have the lid/door, maybe a photo would help.

Toshiba site is telling me there is no toshiba dealer in pattaya but another site is telling me tuk com, but i think that is proably for computers only.

I Copied and pasted below hence the font size and NO phone number.

Photos of fridge, inner freezer and part of door attempting to attach now.

Shop Toshiba @ Pattaya - Tukcom Pattaya

3rd Floor, Tukcom IT Center, 8 Moo 10, Pattaya Tai (South Road), Pattaya, Bang Lamung, Central Pattaya, Pattaya, 20260

From memory the freezer tray should be directly up as close to the freezer as possible, not low with drinks etc on it as in your picture.

You can also get the local glass windows and door guy to cut you a piece of Perspex/plastic , they usually carry it, you could then screw or araldite the hinges to it.

There should also be a defrost position on the thermostat on the front, if not empty the frig out move it outside and hose the excess ice from it.

I did see a second hand fridge being advertised on the notice board at the front of Foodland on centre road a week or so ago, might still be there.

You could ask on here if someone has one for sale. All else fails, your up for a new one, they aren't expensive and from the looks of yours, you will save in power and in the long run food.

Edited by OZEMADE
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

In pattaya?

there are other places like this around Pattaya but I've only used this place as he seems to know his stuff and doesn't try to rip you off.

Nice enough on the phone and speaks engish.

I might be hearing back.

Finding the exact location, not so sure about yet.

Thanks.

In pattaya?

Nice enough on the phone and speaks engish.

I might be hearing back.

Finding the exact location, not so sure about yet.

I had a look at the photo. The place is on the right (east side of the road) as you are coming north from Dolphin Circle, just past the Crystal Palace hotel (the multistory yellow building in the photo) and the intersection of Soi Naklua 15.

I am going to go up and have a look as well as the rubber seals on my Whirlpool fridge need replacing.

• Like 1