what do you reckon ?

moose7117

I agree would be good, because with classifieds you cannot reply on the forum you have to email/phone them, I think this would be useful to combine the motor classifieds also, so if someone sells a car/house for example you can respond on the thread and get a quick answer. thumbsup.gif

Creating specific forums on Thai visa especially for buying and selling real estate would be used and abused by dodgy real estate companies, land and real estate speculators as a means of free advertising. For private sellers and buyers the Thai visa classifieds are more than adequate.

Facebook is stacked to the hilt with Thailand buying and selling groups already, where facebook users can join, actively participate, place ads and reply to ads directly on the group facebook sites or via personal facebook profiles.

• Like 1

Creating specific forums on Thai visa especially for buying and selling real estate would be used and abused by dodgy real estate companies, land and real estate speculators as a means of free advertising. For private sellers and buyers the Thai visa classifieds are more than adequate.

Facebook is stacked to the hilt with Thailand buying and selling groups already, where facebook users can join, actively participate, place ads and reply to ads directly on the group facebook sites or via personal facebook profiles.

I agree somewhat, but then again why let them spoil it for the rest of us... problem with facebook groups is if you just want to buy something specific you have to trawl through other ads which are not related to what you want. Look at the bangkok trader group, full of dodgy nigerians selling iphones via western union etc.

well what about a sub section on the existing for sale , real estate only ?

it would solve the problem of clutter.

i know that there is a interest in property in the forum , but it is just a pain in the a&& to have to trawl through 4 pages of ads to find three items for sale .

rob

I agree somewhat, but then again why let them spoil it for the rest of us... problem with facebook groups is if you just want to buy something specific you have to trawl through other ads which are not related to what you want. Look at the bangkok trader group, full of dodgy nigerians selling iphones via western union etc.

My point exactly. Establish such types of forums on here and those dodgy dealers and scammers would soon be hitting Thai visa. Thai visa could be held accountable if dodgy dealers and scammers start gaining footholds on the forums that would be incredibly difficult and complicated to moderate. It seems you are expecting Thai visa to filter all the ads for you, for free by moderation.

Think about it, it`s only common sense.

I have just checked on facebook and there are scores of open groups dedicated to the selling, buying and renting of land and real estate in Thailand, all in English too. Just go into search on facebook and type in, Thailand real estate, or Bangkok real estate or Chiang Mai real estate, the list is endless.

no i do not expect you to filter them out , it could be more like the car section with two separate folders , one for general items for sale , and one for real estate for sale.

just look at the for sale section, 24 real estate ads and 6 general items. on the first page.

if you want to browse this section and not want to rent a house , it is a waste of time .

or if are all these ads just copies off the thai visa classifieds site , then how come it cannot be compartmentalised same as the classifieds site !

sorry i am a computer illiterate schmuck and didn't think it would be that hard.