What you are in Thailand and still single?

michaeltheR

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no interest in marrying a Thai, fidelity is important to me and it's not part of the culture.

I would much rather have my freedom and my friends without expectations of performance.

If you're seeking marriage, then there is a gap in your life you're trying to fill. (here come the puns...)

The one you choose, will be nothing more than a reflection of what it is you think you're lacking in your life.

When asked questions like this by 'friends', or family in the past, I told them to mind their own business. The life we have been gifted belongs to us. One man's meat is another man's poison.

one mans meat.......maybe thats his thing...but never go flying without a jacket..wai2.gif

just yesterday i offered to take a lady out for a birthday meal just a nice gesture i thought,mai pen rai, didnt get an answer, this morning i get a message "you want to marry me or not ?, dont waste my time" oh she's got no job/no money. of course being a gentleman i said YES, he he

Ah yes, sweet 16! biggrin.png

To Winstonc:

I can understand why you may have thought that mentioning my ladies desire to achieve a good education, her perserverence in achieving a high standard in the business world and her desire to dress well either professionally or informally as frivolous rhetoric but I applaud her and anyone like her who wants to rise above in a country where it is so difficult to do that...

But I am sure you had a good reason to bring all this to my attention and this is why it is so great to have a forum such as this to allow everyone to express their thoughts...

Well said, you will soon see that responding to these type of retorts is a waste of your time. Enjoy your lovely lady and good luck!

Well then, having read all the posts on here, I have to say that.. Sometimes it's not that easy.

I am 32 years old, tall and fit.

Having a hell of a hard time meeting any "normal" women here.. It was a pain in the bottom in Cha-am where most smart women would leave and the rest either didn't speak English or were too shy to talk to me.

I am even on a paid dating website (membership before I came over) but every lady I meet from there have issues.. I guess it comes from them going on falang hunting websites to begin with.

Maybe the issue is that I am not rich, not even well off? They don't know that tho..

I left Cha-am now and am on the verge of possibly moving somewhere else.

I bet it would be real easy to find someone if I drank or went to party/clubs/bars but I have no interest in any of the above or in any women who does.

Maybe it will take me 20 years too :)

• Like 2

Forgot to add. Unbelievable the amount of "I don't believe you." that I get when I confirm I am single.

I get the same thing all the time, am about the same age as you. Thais simply can't believe that I am single, and are convinced I am hiding a girlfriend or wife somewhere. That I don't bring hookers home seems to reinforce this belief somehow. I once had a female coworker inform a girl I was dating that I had a wife and was only trying to screw her on the side. Which she believed, and was completely untrue.

I've had girlfriends here, but in general I find it difficult to find someone I'm interested in. Most girls specifically looking for farang are unacceptable for various reasons.

• Like 1

I've had girlfriends here, but in general I find it difficult to find someone I'm interested in. Most girls specifically looking for farang are unacceptable for various reasons.

same here, I kind of gave up on those women who only want foreigners.

And always wary of any women who dares to approach me and speaks English too but I give them a fair chance.

I guess that I look rough and definitely intimidating to normal Thai women but that doesn't stop them from looking! I catch lots of them checking me out..

They look away as soon as I look their way every time.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well then, having read all the posts on here, I have to say that.. Sometimes it's not that easy.

I am 32 years old, tall and fit.

Having a hell of a hard time meeting any "normal" women here.. It was a pain in the bottom in Cha-am where most smart women would leave and the rest either didn't speak English or were too shy to talk to me.

I am even on a paid dating website (membership before I came over) but every lady I meet from there have issues.. I guess it comes from them going on falang hunting websites to begin with.

Maybe the issue is that I am not rich, not even well off? They don't know that tho..

I left Cha-am now and am on the verge of possibly moving somewhere else.

I bet it would be real easy to find someone if I drank or went to party/clubs/bars but I have no interest in any of the above or in any women who does.

Maybe it will take me 20 years too smile.png

It all depends on the kind of person you are.

If you're looking for a woman who is happy to be seen and not heard, it's paradise here

If you're looking for a woman who lets you be the boss (or does a bang up job of letting you THINK you're the boss), it's paradise here

If you're looking for the kind of woman who's more pragmatic than her Western counterpart if she catches you playing away, it's paradise here

Guys in the West have had a pretty tough time of it with their women; Thai women are a welcome departure from that for many

If, however, you're looking for a woman who can stimulate your mind and your intellect, someone who respects you beyond whatever financial firepower you have or don't have; who brings her own financial independence to the table, who takes care of herself physically and is secure enough in herself to put her hands up and say "I was wrong" then be prepared for the long haul in this country . . . oh and MAKE SURE YOU CAN SPEAK THAI

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

To Winstonc:

I can understand why you may have thought that mentioning my ladies desire to achieve a good education, her perserverence in achieving a high standard in the business world and her desire to dress well either professionally or informally as frivolous rhetoric but I applaud her and anyone like her who wants to rise above in a country where it is so difficult to do that...

But I am sure you had a good reason to bring all this to my attention and this is why it is so great to have a forum such as this to allow everyone to express their thoughts...

You will discover Winston...that there are some posters who live everyday to be able to show their ignorance on this forum...just ignore them...or they will likely not go away...I have seen threads go on and on with mindless banter as each inane poster tries to get in the last word...and with that I say Welcome...we look forward to your participation...

• Like 1

for a 20 something yes, for a 40 something even in Thailand it gets a little harder to find something that doesn't come with baggage, kids or a mental disorder.

I'll bet there's a similar sentiment running through the ranks of Thai women who knock about with farangs.

Why anyone over 55 would want a permanent relationship, marry or live with someone in Thailand?

To start a family?

Can't think of anything more reckless than starting a family in Thailand at 55+ years old especially if you're on anything less than a very generous income.

Schooling a child to Western standards costs an arm and a leg and, considering the alternative of a Thai state education or returning to farangland, why make the rod for your back?

I agree with CH that having kids at 55 + isnt a great idea. I honestly would not want kids at that age and all the extra responsibilities that go with it.

• Like 1