Danish tourist sexualy assaulted by Thai man in Pattaya area

Rimmer

I am so sorry that poor woman has had her life ruined in Thailand. Make rape in Thailand unlawful. including husband on wife rape. Accordingly I appeal to all good Thai men to fight for the full emancipation of women in Thailand.

Let us not exaggerate, it was an awful crime but i doubt if her life has been ruined. Rape is already against the law in Thailand,rape between husband and wife is almost impossible to prove. As for Thai men fighting for emancipation of women you are on a loser there besides which your appeal will fall on deaf ears as i doubt that there are many Thai men on TV. Emancipation, like multi-culti, can be overdone.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand bashing post removed along with quoted reply to same

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

An inappopriate post and a few others also removed for one or more rule infractions

the whole sucks when someone gets raped, but I have to wonder how did she get out there,

why was she alone and aren't motorcycle taxi drivers easy to identify?

I would have waited for a real taxi but then again, I wouldn't have been out there alone.

So she was walking back , first cashing out 23k from an atm and then accept a bike ride with a total stranger?

Why didnt she call her friends first so they could pick her up?

I'm sorry this happened but she should be more careful .

Edited by balo

post was deleted

No. Thailand does not hold exclusive rights to crima against tourists.

Can happen anywhere.

I am amazed at people who have such negative genral attitudes towards Thailand and still frequent TV.

Masochism?

Whats amazing is you have been a member since yesterday and already "amazed" and knowledgable of those who frequent TV

One does not have to be a member to read the forum.

If you are unable to see that rapes occur over here as crimes of opportunity and //

Where did I say/show anything about that?

I just said that those who criticize should first have a closer look

at what happen in their own countries. They are far to be a haven.

In my country a woman can go out in the street without having a man by her side.

She can go to the store, she can go to look at property to puchase, and she can do so independently.

Obviously, this woman felt comfortable doing this in her own country.

This could be just a false impression of safety, alas...

According to Google & Wikipedia: Raped women/year:

- USA : ~200'000

- UK : ~85'000

- FR : ~75'000

And the populations of these countries vs Thailand are......................?

UK - 64 mln

Fr - 63 mln

Th - 67 mln

US - 314 mln

So. And those are "first world countries".

Opportunistic Crime is Not exclusive to Pattaya.

Rape is one of the Most prevalent opportunistic crimes and will always be when Lone women are in this type of situation

My Lady would NEVER go off by herself to look at Land on a Motorbike Taxi, because she has a great deal of Travel Sense and been with me on operational Postings. BUT when I first met her she was not as Careful when Travelling

I cringe on some of my Travels when I see some situations people place themselves in.

Hope the Victim is OK and one can only hope that the Forensics will lead to the arrest of the offender.

As to the Punishment. ??

coffee1.gif

and yet women in Western nations still get raped //

Not women only...

Look at USA when there are 2 times more rapes of men than women blink.png

This is not a factual post.

Not my post but maybe the number isn't correct, it is a fact that more men than women get raped in the USA, if you include the assaults in the prisons. 216,000 assaults/rapes in 2008 in detention versus 90,479 rape cases out of prison (women being raped) so it is 2-1 BUT... Although the statistics vary wildly, according to the justice department it's between 300,000 to 1.3 million women get raped each year (the variation is mainly due to the fact that a lot do not report the rapes).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2449454/More-men-raped-US-women-including-prison-sexual-abuse.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/soraya-chemaly/50-facts-rape_b_2019338.html

• 2 weeks later...

Look...all you Thai bashers...this one incident does not make Pattaya and/or Thailand unsafe...

What is that you say...it happens often...well do not tell anyone...we would not want this kind of bad publicity getting out...

no off course you would like this hidden ,i can see why looking at your picture.

young thai men think they can do what they like

Yes, they can do whatever they like. This is the "Kingdom" of Thailand. ALL Thai men are little kings, just in case you haven't been paying attention to their "Little Lord Fauntleroy" attitudes.

Edited by NativeSon360

Look...all you Thai bashers...this one incident does not make Pattaya and/or Thailand unsafe...

What is that you say...it happens often...well do not tell anyone...we would not want this kind of bad publicity getting out...

no off course you would like this hidden ,i can see why looking at your picture.

young thai men think they can do what they like

Yes, they can do whatever they like. This is the "Kingdom" of Thailand. ALL Thai men are little kings, just in case you haven't been paying attention to their "Little Lord Fauntleroy" attitudes.

What a lion kingdom, that is what you think you are but step back and take a look at what and were your country is at, i bet i know what work you do.

and yet women in Western nations still get raped //

Not women only...

Look at USA when there are 2 times more rapes of men than women blink.png

This is not a factual post.

now you have gone and spoiled it all

as it goes, it is a factual post due the amount of prison rapes