Recommended cosmetic surgeon

roberta

I am seeking recommendations of surgeons in Bangkok for two procedures; 1. cosmetic breast augmentation, and 2. removal, or at least reduction of deep wrinkles around the mouth.

I would really appreciate reports based on actual experiences with the the doctor recommended. It is the competence and experience of the surgeon which is important to me; provided the hospital meets international standards it doesn't matter to me where the procedure is performed.

For the wrinkle removal you might like to enquire about laser removal but unfortunately I cannot give any advice on where would be a good place to go:

www.almalasers.com

From what I understand most places have Soprano lasers and possibly not so many (if any) have the latest Soprano Ice laser. If you find a place that mentions lasers treatment then ask which lasers. If they have the Ice model then that from what I understand will do a better job. Please post your feedback on what you are able to find out.

Thanks,

There Kamol the hospital, in the district of Ladprao, the the surgeon is Dr. Kamol Pansritum.

This is a cosmetic surgery hospital that is recognized by the Ministry of Health. Special feature but that this did stay thou; also change sex.

I do not have the exact address. of good cheer

For deep wrinkles around the mouth (marionette lens) the surgical technique is a lower or (depending on the patient) lower and mid face lift. An alternative if you do not want to go in for that is to use long acting fillers injected around the cheeks to lift it all up. Some can also be added to fill in the lines that still remain. Radiesse filler is good for that but I have not found it in Thailand. Aquamid is available in some clinics though and will also work, though skill of the doctor is critical.

If you do get a face lift, Dr. Amorn Poomee at Bumrungrad is the best though costly.

For breast augmentation, the surgeons most often recommended on this board are Dr. Greechart and Dr. Pitch, both at yanhee, Posisble that Yanhee also has aquamid but you'd have to call ti find out.

Yes, thank you Sheryl, I think a lower face lift is probably what I need. I mean, these are very deep wrinkles, especially the vertical ones between the nose and upper lip. I am not keen on the idea of fillers, and it would need a lot of the stuff to have much effect on my appearance, I think. One surgeon I talked to recommended laser, but I am really doubtful about its effectiveness. I had an upper face-lift about 5 years ago. It was supposed to be a full face lift, but they said afterward they could do nothing about my lower face wrinkles. I am hoping techniques have improved since then, and want to try for a lower face lift. I will contact the surgeon you recommend.

I also had a BA in Europe about 5 years ago, and found out a couple of years later that they had used the dreaded PIP industrial-grade silicone implants. Of course by that time the "clinic" where I had paid for this had gone out of business (not really a clinic; they just rented a hospital and a surgeon for a day and did as many operations as they could fit in, production line style). Anyway, I have not had any symptoms of trouble at all in the 5 years since the surgery, but I am aware that the risk of rupture increases with age and I feel I really should get them replaced soon. As I get older the risks of surgery will only increase, so better do it sooner than rather than later. Do you agree?

Laser will not help with what you describe. The problem is a combination of loss of volume and loss of elasticity. See what Dr. Amorn says, I have complete confidence in him, and he will not take on a patient if he does not think he can get good result. He does not charge for initial consultation.

Re the implants, current consensus based on a 2014 EU study is that risks are minimal, though they do have about twice the rupture rate of other implants with the risk rising after about10 years. So you will probably want to have them removed at some point but at 5 years and if no signs of rupture/leakage, it is not pressing.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/10October/Pages/pip-implant-breast-cancer-link-ruled-out.aspx

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Breast-implants/Pages/PIP-introduction.aspx

Thank you very much, Sheryl. I have looked up Dr Amorn's profile on the Bumrungrad website, and it is very impressive. I shall follow your advice and and book a consultation. I was glad to read that the link between PIP implants and cancer has been disproved.