Thai Goods for Export

Greeting everyone. I am interested in getting started in purchasing goods wholesale for export. I would guess there are many "made in Thailand" goods available as well as Chinese products distributors of wholesale goods here. I am hoping someone on this forum can point me in the right direction. I am interested in small electronics, cell phhones and accessories, small electric appliances, electric fans and the like, LED lighting products etc.

I could also use some recommendations for shippers of containers by ocean freight or less than container load LCL. If anyone knows an air carrier who is reasonable I may try to ship sample goods by air to get started.

So basically I am looking for wholesalers, shippers or shipping agents/facilitators, and is there a Bangkok area where one can go and browse wholesale goods? Pre-requisites to get in and browse? I have heard in the past it can be difficult just to get in and view products and get pricing.

Thanks much.

Unless you can find a totally unique Product - whose manufacturer has not already set up their own Export systems - I sincerely doubt you will be successful.

Dozens of individual "entrepreneurs" - probably several hundreds - have been down that same route.

Patrick

I am interested in small electronics, cell phhones and accessories, small electric appliances, electric fans and the like, LED lighting products etc.

You would be better off going to the source (manufacturers) in China, for example the Shenzhen/Guangzhuo district in Mainland China, right next to Hong Kong, where a lot of gadgets etc are manufactured. Do some searches on Alibaba and see for yourself where all the factories are.

If you want the best price you need to contact the manufacturers in China, not buy from a Thai importer (middle-hand). Also note that there is an advantage in price if a Chinese native contacts the manufacturer, opposed to a westerner.....

Good luck.

I am interested in small electronics, cell phhones and accessories, small electric appliances, electric fans and the like, LED lighting products etc.

You would be better off going to the source (manufacturers) in China, for example the Shenzhen/Guangzhuo district in Mainland China, right next to Hong Kong, where a lot of gadgets etc are manufactured. Do some searches on Alibaba and see for yourself where all the factories are.

If you want the best price you need to contact the manufacturers in China, not buy from a Thai importer (middle-hand). Also note that there is an advantage in price if a Chinese native contacts the manufacturer, opposed to a westerner.....

Good luck.

correct...

I have been looking at Thai products as well, and I was disappointed by how few exportable Thai manufactured products there are, except what is produced in Thailand as a part of global outsourcing in big industries.

Thank you all for the input. Lucky for me I do actually have a good Chinese contact. Do any of you know about i-mobile cell phones? I use one and have given many as gifts, the quality/value even on the retail level is quite good. Are they a Thai company?