Does Bangkok Immigration Now Require Appointments For Retirement Extensions?

I read where Chang Mi Immigration goes by appointments and was wondering if it was mandatory and if Bangkok now has a similar system. If not is there talk of one?

Also has any one recently obtained a retirement extension in Bangkok using the combination method without seasoned funds? I'm aware of the new rule in Bangkok, but was wondering if their position has changed as other Immigration offices don't follow that rule.

Does Pattaya have an appointment system?

whistling.gif As far as I know they still have the queue system in Chaengwattana.

You get a queue ticket and wait until your queue number is called.

This is for retirement extension renewals as well as other

As far as the combination method on financials it was used last October (in 2013).

At that time there was NO requirement for "seasoning" of bank funds for the combination method.

I know, because I used it then, and they didn't require seasoning then.

I don't know if they will this month.

I guess I'll find out later this month.

Simple question -- Can O-A retirement visa be annually extended indefinitely, as long as you have the bank balance required and want to stay in country -- 5 yrs, 10, forever?

And how would I extend if at the end of the 1-year period I was abroad?

Thanks

Simple question -- Can O-A retirement visa be annually extended indefinitely, as long as you have the bank balance required and want to stay in country -- 5 yrs, 10, forever?

And how would I extend if at the end of the 1-year period I was abroad?

Thanks

You cannot extend a visa. Only a permit to stay from a visa entry can be extended.

You can keep doing one year extensions of stay based upon retirement for as long as you want.

You have to be here to do the extension. If you out of the county the extension ends you have to start all over again.