Accomadation Koh Yao Noi

cannondale

i used to live on koh yao noi. there is a fair bit of accommodation to rent once you get there. they are not listed and its a matter of who you know.

if you talk to the tuk tuk drivers, they all know where houses are for rent. i will pm you the phone number of a friend of mine who will be able to help you. he is a good guy but you will probably need to be able to speak thai to communicate with him. well - i only spoke to him in thai anyway, thats not to say he cant speak english.

i hope you know what you are getting into here. koh yao noi is a very isolated island. the people are all lovely, but its a trek back to phuket for any touch of civilisation. you need to keep yourself busy, get an adsl line installed into your home. dont live in a place with a thatched roof - it sucks and isnt half as romantic as you may think it will be.

everything gets damp there and your leather shoes will be destroyed. you need by buy lots of plastic boxes to put your stuff in and to keep it dry. buy silica gel by the truckload.

sorry if i am pointing out the negatives. there are also many positives to living on a small island. the community is lovely. the people are friendly. the weather is good. there is a tight knit expat community there and most of them are really good people. the air is clean. there are no traffic jams (thats coz there is no traffic at all).

good luck.