Naval Officer Surrenders After Killing Motorcyclist

Rimmer

Naval Officer Surrenders After Killing Motorcyclist

24.jpg
SATTAHIP– October 1, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 14.00 pm at Sattahip police station 1PO.Wuttichai Baramee aged 30 surrendered himself to police after he collided with a motorcycle on Sukhumwit road before fleeing the scene. In addition 1PO.Suwit Rungroj was the motorcyclist was killed instantly on 30th September at 02.30 am.

Pol.Capt.Aekkachai Moonlee said that the police officers had checked the CCTV around the scene and they found that 1PO.Wuttichai fled into the military camp after he crashed into the victim. Therefore the police and officials from the unit that 1PO.Wuttichai worked for had searched for him before he surrendered.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/naval-officer-surrenders-killing-motorcyclist/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-10-02

Leaving the scene of an accident, a very serious offence in many countries, but i am not sure if it matters in Tailand.

It does now, wait and see what he gets especially being a naval officer.

This government will not tolerate behaviour like that from its own people.

Don't you guys think there is more to this story? He hit and killed a co-worker who was of equal rank.

Just a coincidence or payback?

Since there is literally 1000's of navy personnel around Sathahip probably a coincidence, but......

• Like 2

Leaving the scene of an accident, a very serious offence in many countries, but i am not sure if it matters in Tailand.

It's a serious offence here, but only if you're caught................ and not rich and well connected.

Maybe he'll have to attend a military "exercise" in Singapore and come down with a very bad cold and not able to travel.

• Like 1

I notice the Pattaya Daily News report failed to mention any charges being brought against the offender for leaving the scene of the 'accident' which involved personal injury to another. Maybe this is just an oversight on the part of the reporter/editor. If not, it might explain why there are so many 'hit and then run' traffic violations in Thailand. Maybe the offender had reasons to disappear for a while, before surrenderiing to the police!!

It's a serious offence here, but only if you're caught................ and not rich and well connected.

Maybe he'll have to attend a military "exercise" in Singapore and come down with a very bad cold and not able to travel.

It wasn't a Ferrari he was driving....

I notice the Pattaya Daily News report failed to mention any charges being brought against the offender for leaving the scene of the 'accident' which involved personal injury to another. Maybe this is just an oversight on the part of the reporter/editor. If not, it might explain why there are so many 'hit and then run' traffic violations in Thailand. Maybe the offender had reasons to disappear for a while, before surrenderiing to the police!!

The guy was probably plastered/blind drunk is why he fled.

It was 2:30 AM after all. Just a guess.