Hodgson names England squad

Chicog

Sorry scousers, he's named Sterling.

GOALKEEPERS

Fraser Forster (Southampton), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

DEFENDERS

Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), John Stones (Everton)

MIDFIELDERS

Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

FORWARDS

Rickie Lambert (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Welbeck (Arsenal)

So when was the last time Arsenal had 4 players named in an England squad then Chic? Your starter for 10 - I have no idea.

Guess there could be 6 at some point soon when Callum comes back form the U-21s and Theo from injury.

Edit: woops - presumably the last two England games had 4 (+Chambers minus Gibbs)

Edited by SantiSuk

Woy on Wooney! Owl Face at his PR (or should that be PW?) best! Eloquent? Coming from a guy with a speech impediment from Cwoydon? The irony is....his missus is from Scottie Roadclap2.gif

BzIpLJaIQAA7FA0.jpg

Edited by wilai

the most dangerous forward in the premier league and not even considered.

who is it then asks chicog?

PETER COUCH

Go to bed you drunkard.

well chicog i just got up after a loverly dream,are you old enough to remember TOSHACK AND KEEGAN?

so what about CROUCH AND ROONEY.

they would make a fine pair[not their wives] up front.

can you name a finer pair.?

i can just see it,hic hic hic, crouch leaping feet above everyone else nodding down to rooney,and in the back of the net.

GIVE US ANOTHER ONE DARLING.laugh.png

Edited by meatboy

the most dangerous forward in the premier league and not even considered.

who is it then asks chicog?

PETER COUCH

Go to bed you drunkard.

well chicog i just got up after a loverly dream,are you old enough to remember TOSHACK AND KEEGAN?

so what about CROUCH AND ROONEY.

they would make a fine pair[not their wives] up front.

can you name a finer pair.?

i can just see it,hic hic hic, crouch leaping feet above everyone else nodding down to rooney,and in the back of the net.

GIVE US ANOTHER ONE DARLING.laugh.png

Are you trying to fill the void left by Pishphlaps or something?

This match is an exercise in futility if ever there was one. Blooding new players is pointless; what does playing well against San Marino prove? There'll be more atmosphere on the moon tonight.

45minutes was enough for me,2-0.

do they give refunds to england fans.

dont know what the fjnal score was?

i was lucky i watched slovakia vs spain[entertainment at its best] score 2-1cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

has costa's got a screw missing,lucky to stay on the field.

Woy on Wooney! Owl Face at his PR (or should that be PW?) best! Eloquent? Coming from a guy with a speech impediment from Cwoydon? The irony is....his missus is from Scottie Roadclap2.gif

BzIpLJaIQAA7FA0.jpg

Woy forgot to say Wayne Wooney is the most overpaid and overrated player in the premier league. Has he ever had a good game at international level?

Blokes just a liability.

BzIpLJaIQAA7FA0.jpg

Woy forgot to say Wayne Wooney is the most overpaid and overrated player in the premier league. Has he ever had a good game at international level?

Blokes just a liability.

liability , bit strong carmine, he aint quite hit the huge expectations everybody had for him but still aint the easiest thing to score as many international goals as he has.

Nearly every time i see him play he plays well either hits the bac of the net or gets himself into v good scoring situations or makes good ops for other.s tbh i'de sooner have him in our team than play against him. Probably the only player in the squad that arguably would get in or be.there abouts for most international or club teams teams.

captain of man utd england and will probably end up being the record scorer for both and people still slag him off, as i said a touch harsh dont you think?

BzIpLJaIQAA7FA0.jpg

Blokes just a liability.

Missed overwwated there Carmswink.png

This match is an exercise in futility if ever there was one. Blooding new players is pointless; what does playing well against San Marino prove? There'll be more atmosphere on the moon tonight.

i was lucky i watched slovakia vs spain[entertainment at its best] score 2-1cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

just caught the last minute of hodgsons press conference san marino are a better team than last yr.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

but he forgot to say england have got worse.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

just caught the last minute of hodgsons press conference san marino are a better team than last yr.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

but he forgot to say england have got worse.clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Yes quite. An England manager talking up San Marino!!

btw, if someone bored i'd love to see the stats on who Rooney has actually scored all his England goals against. I'm pretty sure most will be against minnows in friendlies that have little or no importance other than tempting the English public into thinking we are better than intact we are.

Under Hodgson the national side will just wallow in mediocrity.

And no Rij, i doubt very much if Rooney would get into the top national sides because he's simply not good enough.

• 7 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32823264

good to see vardy get a shout he's grafted for that, reminds me a bit of bellamy, with his pace on the break and the way he constantly gets at

defenders

personally thought young was worth a recall ,well ahead imo of townsend

and one that could have been worth a look IMO puncheon at crystal palace?, , he took liverpool and the chav's apart, every time i've

seen him play recently he's been just about the best player on the park.

So when was the last time Arsenal had 4 players named in an England squad then Chic? Your starter for 10 - I have no idea.

Guess there could be 6 at some point soon when Callum comes back form the U-21s and Theo from injury.

Edit: woops - presumably the last two England games had 4 (+Chambers minus Gibbs)

Theo's not injured. He scored (sort of) against United, remember?

I think in the 90s four of the back five got called up and Nutty was on the bench I think.

Edited by Chicog