Hotel in Mudahan.

NoshowJones

I use to travel with my mountain bike all over Issan and north of Thailand;

I NEVER book an hotel; u can find so manu GH/Resorts/hotel between 350 to 500 baht a night ; sometimes it's difficult when I am in the no man's land of Nan or Uttaradit provinces; Mae_Hong_Son province also..

In Mukdahan u have so many hotels like this one Hua Nam hotel - about 400 baht the night - about 200 m from the Immigration office and the beginning of the Indochina Market which is along the Mekong River.

WiFi in the rooms near the main street; or in the lobby , first floor;

The owner are a old couple very nice.

post-102759-0-17750500-1412316487_thumb.

I use to travel with my mountain bike all over Issan and north of Thailand;

I NEVER book an hotel; u can find so manu GH/Resorts/hotel between 350 to 500 baht a night ; sometimes it's difficult when I am in the no man's land of Nan or Uttaradit provinces; Mae_Hong_Son province also..

In Mukdahan u have so many hotels like this one Hua Nam hotel - about 400 baht the night - about 200 m from the Immigration office and the beginning of the Indochina Market which is along the Mekong River.

WiFi in the rooms near the main street; or in the lobby , first floor;

The owner are a old couple very nice.

Great help, thank you.

Mukdahan Immigration has moved to the bridge for over 4 years now

the Immigration office at the river is for thai & laos people going back and forth Laos/thai boarder

Mukdahan has a lot of new hotels that offer good rates just to get people in their hotel 400/500tb per night

• Like 1

I done bike trip up from Amnat Chareon with teluk on the back 4 years ago,took coastal road, head to kemmarat, follow the mekong north,we stayed @ river city hotel 760 baht in mukdahan, good riverside restaurants, the riverfront market worth a look,regards S.S.coffee1.gif

I don't think that it is necessary to book your hotel in advance. I was recently in Mukdahan and I found a cheap hotel very easily. It was the Sangthai Hotel: http://www.thaihotels.com/mukdahan-hotels/1210-sangthai-hotel-mukdahan

They have rooms with rates starting from 400 baht per night (old and very basic rooms, but with TV, fridge, A/C and free wifi, bottles of drinking water, soap and towels were provided but no shampoo, no breakfast). Nothing fancy, but that was convenient enough for me (I stayed only one night before going to Laos the next morning for a 'visa run'). It's a 10 mn drive from the Frienship Bridge II (maybe a bit more, depending on traffic condition).

• Like 1