Budget approved for Patong underground cables

webfact

PHUKET: Budget approved for Patong underground cables
Saran Mitrarat

1412247108_1-org.jpg
Patong Mayor Chalermluck.

PHUKET: -- Patong council have approved an additional B36 million budget to install underground cables along Taweewong Rd.

Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup told The Phuket News that this additional budget is on top of the B40 million budget already in place.

“We will have a budget of B77 million and once the 2015 fiscal budget, from the Provincial Electric Authority (PEA), comes in we will have a total of B100 million. This will help to move all the electric cables on Taweewong Rd, underground,” Mayor Chalermluck said.

“The PEA and the municipality are drawing up a plan, which might take up to six months to complete. Once this is done, the project can begin,” she added.

“However, we agreed that construction work must not affect tourism so we decided to avoid the high season period,” she explained.

Patong Municipality also plan to do the same for Bangla Rd and Rat-U-Thit-200-Pee Rd.

“We plan to do the same in other areas as well. But at this stage, we need to clean the areas first,” Mayor Chalermluck said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/budget-approved-for-phuket-underground-cables-48971.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-10-03

100 million THB to put electric cables underground on a 8 km stretch of road ?? In case the project is still on auction, I want to give my bid, I can do it for 90 million !! I will be happy to pocket the leftover 70 million. Anyone familar with prices for work & expenditure in Thailand will know how much this kind of shifting of earth and cables will cost. Not to mention they can sell all the remaining used wire poles at 5000 THB apiece

• Like 1