Tire rotation during scheduled service

mantu

Is this automatically done as part of the scheduled service as it is not listed in the service items? Or does it have to be requested separately as an add on and will there be a charge for this? Do they keep track of tire rotation history for future reference. Do they automatically inflate the tires to correct pressure during the service or does this also require special request?

Whether tire rotation is part of scheduled maintenance depends on the make and model of your car. My car's on its second set of tires and I purchased them from B-Quik. B-Quick gives a 'lifetime' warranty, you get a little booklet and free rotations every 10,000km or 6 months, whichever comes first.

B-Quick gives a 'lifetime' warranty, you get a little booklet and free rotations every 10,000km or 6 months, whichever comes first.

Also free puncture repair. I liked B-Quick's service and would certainly think about buying new tyres there, when I need them.

My main dealer told me that they had rotated the tyres for free during the 2-year service. Don't know if they actually did it or not.

To the OP' three questions: As a rule - no, no, and no; except apparently for Honda Civics.

I've also owned Hondas and other brands here in Thailand. In my experience wheels were seldom ever rotated despite the maint schedule and their 'confirmation'. I always mark my tires and my oil filters, to check.

I worked for a spell in Africa with the UN which had a western maintenance crew hired to properly maintain their vehicle fleet: the crew seldom ever rotated wheels or changed oil filters, which is why I eventually started marking them, then sat by for some time while they properly redid the maintenance tasks. Our lives were on the line were the vehicle to break down in the desert, not to mention their scamming the UN.