DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

webfact

No matter what dog'n'pony show they put on I think we all know it is BS. Push for independent confirmation collected and evaluated OUTSIDE THAILAND.

Oz

The DNA found on the victims was done in Singapore.

By a guy who used to own a Ferrarri in BKK?

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say it would be easy to switch aro9und DNA but if someone wanted to verify the DNA, it would not take too much logic to verify. Remember i believe the British and FBI have the DNA from the crime scene. If you think someone gave fake DNA just get it again or match the DNA from a person with a relative.

well done!

and done in the Thai way!!

I love it!!!

it's one reason I stay, anaother reason I love this place.

Oh yes, we all know it was done the Thai way alright: from loss of face and committing rape and murder to the obligatory framing up by police. That blows your hair back, does it? Another wonderful low-life foreigner this country needs like a hole in the head. I just hope your as smug when the 'Thai way' comes around and bites you on the arse.

They have boldly made all these statements to the media. If they are so confident in their case, publicly show the DNA sample analyses to the public and have an INDEPENDENT agency verify them. This is an absolute frame up if they refuse to show indepedent results.

Surprising what 1,000,000 baht can buy

Unless I hear a confirmation from the British police or the FBI, I will never believe the results "obtained" by the Thai police.

I'm sure they will be in touch with you personally to confirm the results of an investigation outside of their jurisdiction and authority.

It should be recognised that both the UK police and the FBI have, of course, been documented as being entirely above criticism, and no corruption, fallibility or lack of honesty has ever been detected in those venerable organisations, or the way they operate. Without exception every case they have ever been involved in has been solved speedily and efficiently and without cause for their evidence to be doubted.

• Like 1

Will we have an re-enactment picture with the defendents on the beach in attack poses with police pointing fingers?

They can't even get this right!! David had no major cuts on his face. All on the back and side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comedic really if it didn't involve the destruction of lives.

This is appalling and degrading to thailands police system. This is vastly inaccurate and this police will revise past versions of events to fit these ridiculous reenactments

I can see the excitement of the police already.

This has perhaps been mentioned before but here goes anyway... See this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777726/Myanmar-worker-admits-British-murders-Thailand-police.html

Now, they have a CCTV cap of the three suspects on a bike on the night of the murder. They also show the well-known 'running man' CCTV video, also taken that night. In the first cap, two of the men are wearing long pants and the middle man is wearing dark/black shorts. The 'running man' is wearing light coloured shorts. Yet these are supposed to be the same suspects on the same night. Huh???

can't open dailymail link, seems the dailymail has been blocked by government firewall.

Sends a chilling message to me, the local officials do not want people to openly read a UK newspapers views,, why? There are plenty of people criticising the views and work of the police force so why not allow it?

doesn't look good unless they touched a nerve..

Come and ask me here. Come and ask me there. I am a Koh Tao resident, although my mom gave birth to me at Surat Tani. My family is very close to all the influential figures on this island, including the owner of this resort.

I want to tell the truth. I can't hold it any longer. I would like to tell "Trasher Page" that the murderers are not Burmese."That's all I want to say" and What "CSI LA Page" published, it is very close to the truth 97.8769%.

I would like to say that Koh Tao is just like a Kingdom of its own. The local mafia family can do whatever they want and get away with it. For example, in 2011, a bar owner got shot to death. Everybody in the island know who did it, but never had the nerve to speak out. People here are strange. They are wiling to cover up wrong doing for the local mafia. Thailand might be a democratic country, but in Koh Tao it is Feudalism.

https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210?fref=ts

Edited by seahorse

well done!

and done in the Thai way!!

I love it!!!

it's one reason I stay, anaother reason I love this place.

i second this...

to those who live in disbelieve.. go proof that 9/11 never happened...

well done Thailand.

Let's hope you find some of this Thai justice you insensitive idiot!

can't open dailymail link, seems the dailymail has been blocked by government firewall.

Not blocked on phones and easy to get around- zenmate is your friend on a pc! Not blocked on this case but for earlier loss of face!

• Like 1

They have boldly made all these statements to the media. If they are so confident in their case, publicly show the DNA sample analyses to the public and have an INDEPENDENT agency verify them. This is an absolute frame up if they refuse to show indepedent results.

Would it be ok with you if the police produced their evidence to a court of law?

With regards to these DNA tests

I have this image in my head of them at the crime scene

Police1: hmm, I've heard about these DNA tests, how do I open it

Police2: derrr, where it says open here, numb nuts!

Police3: what's a DNA test?

Police1: haven't you been watching csi? you do one of these tests and they find who is guilty

Police2: well, now it's open, do I put a sample of my hair in?

Police1: derrr, you put the bad guys hair in and the name will appear like magic

Police3; well that's easy, we'll ask the perpetrator for his hair

Police2: well that seems like a lot of hard work........can't we just guess??

• Like 1

OK case closed, now lets get on with high season, and money, money, money !!!!!!

OK case closed scapegoats arrested, now lets get on with high season, and money, money, money scam, scam, scam!!!!!!

Sorry Pundi6446 I just couldn't help myself.

Edited by metisdead

Police Say Forensic Tests Implicate 2 Koh Tao Suspects

By Khaosod Eng.

SURAT THANI — Police say DNA tests reveal that two Burmese migrant workers were responsible for murder of two British backpackers in southern Thailand nearly three weeks ago.

"Tests show that DNA samples of the two Burmese matched the DNA [traces] collected by the police," Pol.Gen. Somyot Pumphanmuang told reporters before he boarded a helicopter to Koh Tao island this morning.

British tourists David Miller, 24, and Hannah Witheride, 23, were found bludgeoned to death on one of Koh Tao's beaches in the early morning of 15 September.

An autopsy determined that Witheridge was likely raped by two perpetrators. The DNA traces found on her body have been the key evidence in the police inquiry.

"The two [DNA] samples matched the semen found in the deceased," said Pol.Maj.Gen. Manu Mekmok, commander of Office of Police Forensic Science. He said the DNA test results were finalised at around 8 am this morning.

The two Burmese migrant workers, identified by police as Win and Sor, were detained by police yesterday.

In addition to the men’s matching DNA results, police have also uncovered CCTV footage that implicates the suspects in the crime, Pol.Gen. Somyot said.

According to the police chief, officers also found Witheridge's missing mobile phone during a raid on Win's residence.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1412314798

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-10-03

.....after more than 2 weeks...who's to say what samples were collected when....or where they came from...or ended up.....???

Surprising what 1,000,000 baht can buy

Unless I hear a confirmation from the British police or the FBI, I will never believe the results "obtained" by the Thai police.

I'm sure they will be in touch with you personally to confirm the results of an investigation outside of their jurisdiction and authority.

It should be recognised that both the UK police and the FBI have, of course, been documented as being entirely above criticism, and no corruption, fallibility or lack of honesty has ever been detected in those venerable organisations, or the way they operate. Without exception every case they have ever been involved in has been solved speedily and efficiently and without cause for their evidence to be doubted.

Where on earth are you from mate to criticize the US or the British police for that matter; I suppose you are a Brit as you spell organizations with a S. Who would you have for a good example? The KGB? Bloody hell

• Like 2

BS, before the DNA test took long, they weren't able to do it in TH and now they just got it done in short period of time... As I said before, unless an independent out of TH party confirms and checks the results this is BS.

"BS...this is BS."

Funny how your post begins, and ends, with BS.

The RTP arrested 3 migrant workers, and then the DNA matches AFTER they've beaten confessions out of the accused. If i were family of the murder victims, I'd be demanding outside intervention of the DNA analysis in this case rather than see the wrong people punished.

• Like 1