DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

webfact

Shazaaaam! surprise surprise surprise!

Considering they announced it before they proved it who's surprised at all?

I just don't believe it. It seemed to be a crime of anger, loss of face maybe,

the Burmese I know that I've asked about that in their culture, don't really have it.

Would love to hear the relationship between the two and how it went down. I'm not

going to fall for the walking down the beach and saw them having sex and couldn't control

myself semi-acceptable story this time.

Maybe the "powerful village headsman" is going to kick the "<deleted>" of his boys to never

pull a stunt like this ever again. Just my opinion of course.

"saw them having sex and couldn't control myself semi-acceptable story this time."

Semi acceptable story?

No, not as far as I'm concerned it isn't.

• Like 1

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now put yourself in the shoes of the families of the victims.

For several weeks after this tragedy, they have witnessed the incompetence of the investigation, claims and counter-claims.

I am sure all they want now is closure and those accused of the murder of their children prosecuted and - if found guilty - justly sentenced.

Now imagine how they will feel if they never know for sure whether the real murderers are in jail, or walking free and innocent men jailed.

I hope that the families demand independent DNA testing to put their minds at rest over whether the real killers have been found or not.

• Like 1

Weird how he's wearing the same T-shirt when he's being arrested that he was wearing on the night of the murders. No blood on it? He didn't think to throw it away? Very odd.

How come none of the guys on the bike have blonde hair?

because theres no such thing as a blonde burmise

They are way beyond anyone seriously accepting their word on this. Yet they STILL seem completely unaware of how the rest of the world perceives them.

There should be resignations and an international enquiry.

I hope the UK embassy does not just sit back and hope that this is enough for the bereaved families.

Mr Kent from the embassycheesy.gif

About as useful as a chocolate chainsaw!

Brucey

What exactly would you have him do?

Sexual voyeurs are sad timid misfits who run away when confronted. I wonder if there has ever been another case in the world where a peeper has slain in the most brutal and violent way possible the couple he was spying on.

And then inexplicably waited around with his two fellow murderers to be arrested for three weeks when they could easily have slipped away, Thailand has sunk to new depths of lies, corruption and injustice over this case.

At what point exactly does sexual arousal while furtively peeping on a courting couple turn into an explosive killing frenzy?

Google Elliot Rodgers, Zodiac killer, any number of killers. Hating or/and Killing a couple is not unheard of. Who knows what happen. Maybe the brits saw them and said something and a argument ensued.

What goes on in this forum is so disgusting. Why don't you guys just sit and wait and don't spread more and more conpiracions.

No one here in this forum knows if the couple where killed a Thai, Burmese, Cambodians, Farang, Aliens or what ever. It is true that the police made a ruff comment that they can't imagine a thai would do such a crime. Yes we all know that is wrong and a Thai could do such a crime but we also know a burmese could do it and also farang could do something like this. So where is the point that everyone here bashing the whole country. Things like the happen in Europe and America and guess what the murders were also Europeans and Americans.

We have a lot of hobby cops here who think they are so smart. I don't understand what these guys still doin in Thailand...!?

According to my thai friends all thai people also talk about this and they all agree these are scapegoats.

So by speculating and not believing that the real killers are caught it turns out I am on the side of the average thai person.

Also noticed that thais were super friendly to me at the market today.. maybe a sign of guilt..or probably all in my head lol they are always friendly.

"they are always friendly" Unless they are attacking you with a hoe...

Edited by bongoz

The large number of people on here who have been criticising the Thai authorities will be starting to feel uncomfortable now. Of course they wont admit that the Thais have ultimately done a good job in difficult circumstances because they have got their own biased agenda. One only has to see that fifty plus people clicked like on Costa's absurd suggestion that the UK police or the FBI should verify the findings. What business is it of theirs and anyway who in their right mind would suggest that the. UK police or the FBI have never fitted up anyone on their patches. Yes this wasn't well handled especially from a public relations standpoint but the police say they have the DNA evidence and reasonably soon that evidence will be tested along with the rest of the evidence according to the law in the Thai courts. Fortunately the kangaroo court of Thai Visa will not be sitting.

Um, it was either the FBI or forensic lab in Singapore that verified the ethnicity of the DNA in the semen. Why? Cause the labs here weren't up to the job.

You're either new to Thailand or one of these expats who has purposely stayed blind to the dark side of this country. Ignorance is bliss as they say. In a way I envy you. But I've seen far too much in the last 15 years or so to remain so confident of the Thai police and legal system.

They are way beyond anyone seriously accepting their word on this. Yet they STILL seem completely unaware of how the rest of the world perceives them.

I hope the UK embassy does not just sit back and hope that this is enough for the bereaved families.

Brucey

Have some dignity and resign to show that he doesn't believe this BS.

I would if I was in his position.

Then again diplomacy isn't one of my strong points as I have seen hundreds of cases in Thailand that are fishy!

For several weeks after this tragedy, they have witnessed the incompetence of the investigation, claims and counter-claims.

I am sure all they want now is closure and those accused of the murder of their children prosecuted and - if found guilty - justly sentenced.

Now imagine how they will feel if they never know for sure whether the real murderers are in jail, or walking free and innocent men jailed.

I hope that the families demand independent DNA testing to put their minds at rest over whether the real killers have been found or not.

How is the investigation incompetent? Assuming these guys did it they caught them in a couple weeks. What more can you ask for?!

There are plenty of unsolved murders in the UK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsolved_murders_in_the_United_Kingdom

It might be true, after all. What puzzles me still is the fact that the offender supposedly took the hoe with him, just in case. Here they go, all the three of them, spending a quiet night at the beach and playing guitar, and the hoe. But maybe this is not so strange. We have seen how highly these people value their tools, base of their breadwinning, so maybe they do lug them around. Who knows what strange emotions sex-starved expatriate workers like these can suddenly develop when they happen to encounter a sex situation (and I believe this to be happenstance, not deliberate stalking)...

It seems, from the comments, that there is little faith in the validity of these results. This being the case the problem will remain for those interested in tourism for their lively-hood as a problem is a problem, real or perceived. For the sake of those who died and the ordinary people who have been dragged into this independent verification is needed as soon as possible.

I do have a feeling though, that had the results pointed at "Mr. Big" on the island - no calls for independent verification would be on this forum. Everyone would be jubilant...come on folks - am I wrong?

If the results did point to a Mr Big then there would be more reason to believe their accuracy, however they apparently point to 3 Mr very small's who may or may not even understand Thai properly and are probably in the country illegally and not in a great position to defend themselves.

The big problem is all the announcements that have been made since the murder that have come to nothing and the obviously sloppy way the investigation has been carried out.

If there had been a systematic investigation without a lot of "We know who done it" announcements then it would have been much more believable no matter who they arrested.

If they have the right men, great.

But the police have created so much doubt by their own actions that they make it hard to believe and now need, as has been said many times, to get independent verification of DNA to prove themselves.

If they don't do this there will always be doubt.

The large number of people on here who have been criticising the Thai authorities will be starting to feel uncomfortable now. Of course they wont admit that the Thais have ultimately done a good job in difficult circumstances

why? did they not beat up and try to bribe a taxi driver to lie the day before these arrests?. Have they not claimed DNA results that match in an impossible time for anywhere in the world. Did not the countries leader try to blame the victim for what she was wearing, when she was not wearing a bikini anyway. You are right about one thing the Thai authorities have done a good job of ignoring evidence, jumping to conclusions, not getting DNA from important witnesses, beating and bribing 'witnesses' and of fitting up innocent victims, who if they had done it at least one would have cleared off long ago. A large number of people on here are right, this is all an utter disgrace and an insult to all but the most stupid.

• Like 2

To the last few seemingly Thai posters who are overtly exulting in this coverup and complimenting the police, I would like to remind you that the ghosts of the victims are still around and are gonna come after you and haunt you at night if you are deliberately trying to debase the victim's memories by ignoring the mounds of evidence that points to a coverup.

What "evidence" of a cover up? I am not Thai and i am complimenting the police.

This is simply the final deal to "close" the matter. There had to be scapegoats as the children of powerful local politicians (a.k.a. godfathers) are above the law whatever they do.

I don't believe it for a minute.

Brucey

Have some dignity and resign to show that he doesn't believe this BS.

I would if I was in his position.

Then again diplomacy isn't one of my strong points as I have seen hundreds of cases in Thailand that are fishy!

LOL

Yeah that would be useful. (sarcasm)

The FO could recall him. (no way that would happen)

You seem to have no idea of an ambassador' duties or obligations, but hey, any excuse for a massive overreaction right?

How is the investigation incompetent? Assuming these guys did it they caught them in a couple weeks. What more can you ask for?!

There are plenty of unsolved murders in the UK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsolved_murders_in_the_United_Kingdom

They interviewed these guys on the first day and found nothing.Plus all migrants were dna'd a few weeks ago. Especially the ones from this bar. They have been to work everyday after this and not one of them has acted suspiciously or any markings/bruises. BS

@jdinasia perhaps have him be at least mildly respectful of the victim's tragic death by not using phrases such as "professional and exemplary" to describe what has happened? The requirements of diplomacy would have been adequately satisfied by a significantly smaller quantity of enthusiasm.

Brucey

The photo (CCTV) shows 3 guys on a motorcycle, as displayed by the Daily Mail, and which the police ASSERT are the murderers. However, they all clearly have BLACK hair. Hanna was clenching blonde hair, as her last piece of likely evidence. This is clear proof that the RTP are lying, as they say the 3rd guy just died his hair black! Idiots!!

The large number of people on here who have been criticising the Thai authorities will be starting to feel uncomfortable now. Of course they wont admit that the Thais have ultimately done a good job in difficult circumstances

why? did they not beat up and try to bribe a taxi driver to lie the day before these arrests?. Have they not claimed DNA results that match in an impossible time for anywhere in the world. Did not the countries leader try to blame the victim for what she was wearing, when she was not wearing a bikini anyway. You are right about one thing the Thai authorities have done a good job of ignoring evidence, jumping to conclusions, not getting DNA from important witnesses, beating and bribing 'witnesses' and of fitting up innocent victims, who if they had done it at least one would have cleared off long ago. A large number of people on here are right, this is all an utter disgrace and an insult to all but the most stupid.

You have any evidence they beat anyone up? What evidence did they ignore? Illuminate us dear Sherlock. It has only been a couple weeks. Hardly a long time.

@jdinasia perhaps have him be at least mildly respectful of the victim's tragic death by not using phrases such as "professional and exemplary" to describe what has happened? The requirements of diplomacy would have been adequately satisfied by a significantly smaller quantity of enthusiasm.

Brucey

Perhaps. Then again I think he may have more information than we do.

Weird how he's wearing the same T-shirt when he's being arrested that he was wearing on the night of the murders. No blood on it? He didn't think to throw it away? Very odd.

How come none of the guys on the bike have blonde hair?

because theres no such thing as a blonde burmise

Apparently one of them had blond dyed hair. Stay with the news...

• Like 1

I think it calls for a massive overreaction. How many people must die suspiciously before a sovereign nation takes a stand. This country is advertised in Europe as a dream destination and that it is safe. It isn't safe, from the dangerous roads to the horrific skull duggery, people should be advised of this fact

Amazing how they have only just found her phone. Surely they could have tracked that a few weeks ago

Not if it was turned off.

Would anybody be stupid enough to keep it and not use it. It's quite a vital piece of evidence don't u think??

??? I thought tere was previous statement from Police that Blonde Hair (part of the recovered Evidence for use to get DNA) was found with her Phone!!! At the time the bodies were discovered!!!

No.

For those wanting to know why all credibility has been lost, explain why such contrasting information exists:

Posted Today, 06:38 Webfact (Source PBS)

All three migrant workers confess to rape and murder of British tourists

Pol. Lt. Gen. Jakthip Chaichinda, the acting Royal Thai Police deputy commissioner, revealed that the three men had admitted to having committed the crime.

Meanwhile the acting assistant commissioner of the Royal Thai Police, Pol. Lt. Gen. Panya Mamen, identified the three Myanmar workers to the media Win, Mao and Sor and it was Win who first admitted to the crime.

On the night of the incident, Win revealed that he and his two accomplices were drinking, singing and playing the guitar approximately 65 meters from the murder scene.

He admitted to being sexually aroused and along with his two accomplices had used the hoe to beat the male tourist and then dumping his body in the sea. They then proceeded to rape the woman and finally killing her by hitting her with the same garden hoe.

Thai police say Myanmar men confess to murder of British tourists
Bangkok, Thailand | AFP |

"Two Myanmar suspects have confessed to killing the pair," Thai National police chief Somyot Poompanmoung told AFP, adding that their DNA matched traces found at the crime scene.

A third Myanmar national had been held since Thursday on suspicion of involvement, Somyot, Thailand's top policeman, added.

"The third suspect said he left the crime scene before murder took place," Somyot said.

"DNA test results (from the two men) confirmed that the same DNA was found in the body of the (female) victim," he added.

So, four hours later, one had retracted his 'confession'. Supposedly he wandered off down the beach before the murders took place? Did he back out and run when he realised what was going to happen?

That would make him a key witness - not a murderer.

Unless, as there are only two DNA samples, only two murderers are required...

What goes on in this forum is so disgusting. Why don't you guys just sit and wait and don't spread more and more conpiracions.

No one here in this forum knows if the couple where killed a Thai, Burmese, Cambodians, Farang, Aliens or what ever. It is true that the police made a ruff comment that they can't imagine a thai would do such a crime. Yes we all know that is wrong and a Thai could do such a crime but we also know a burmese could do it and also farang could do something like this. So where is the point that everyone here bashing the whole country. Things like the happen in Europe and America and guess what the murders were also Europeans and Americans.

We have a lot of hobby cops here who think they are so smart. I don't understand what these guys still doin in Thailand...!?

According to my thai friends all thai people also talk about this and they all agree these are scapegoats.

So by speculating and not believing that the real killers are caught it turns out I am on the side of the average thai person.

Also noticed that thais were super friendly to me at the market today.. maybe a sign of guilt..or probably all in my head lol they are always friendly.

"they are always friendly" Unless they are attacking you with a hoe...

or, you don't pay them

I think it calls for a massive overreaction. How many people must die suspiciously before a sovereign nation takes a stand. This country is advertised in Europe as a dream destination and that it is safe. It isn't safe, from the dangerous roads to the horrific skull duggery, people should be advised of this fact

Hmmmm does that mean you will personally be making a stand and leaving???