DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

webfact

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one question:

Why would the actual killers still stay after all this time they had to flee?

Because they were Burmese ? With no money where would they go ? All their friends were at the island, including family. They were just hoping that they would go clear and DNA is probably something they never heard about.

Yes it is possible you know, if you suggest the police planted the DNA and arrested the wrong guys then prove it, so far it looks like we have the killer.

I did not suggest anything! I only asked a question.

@Jeremy50 it will not let me reply as says to many quoted posts so doing it here

Sure, but you listed serial killers. Three Burmese guitar players 'the size of hobbits' who are guest workers on a Thai island?

These workers do manual labor all day, they are ripped. Stronger than half the people on this forum probably. Two guys both with weapons against a couple caught by surprise who had been drinking. Very plausible they could have killed them.

I want independent verification also but it is clear they had the ability to kill these two.

Edited by lingyai

I think it calls for a massive overreaction. How many people must die suspiciously before a sovereign nation takes a stand. This country is advertised in Europe as a dream destination and that it is safe. It isn't safe, from the dangerous roads to the horrific skull duggery, people should be advised of this fact

Hmmmm does that mean you will personally be making a stand and leaving???

I would but I'm applying for guardianship/custody of my daughter, so I can't just abandon her here as there is nobody to look after her!

As soon as that is sorted I'll be leaving.

jdinasia,

Why is it people like you and others of the same ilk always like to imply others leave the country. Personally, I would like to round you all up on the cynical bus and guide you out the country which would make the place a happier place to live in .....

Perhaps you missed his previous statement regarding Mark Kent

Also note I didn't suggest he leave, I responded to his call for overreaction and asked if he would be leaving.

I do love the hypocrisy of your post

In the rest of the world a DNA test takes 1-2 weeks, of course a country that just found the cure for Ebola can do it in 1 day..

Not true... 3 days is standard for testing in commercial labs. The test itself takes a couple of hours.

Our new PM Gen Prayut, has promised to stamp out corruption in his country, a noble ambition! If he wants the rest of the world (and his own people for that matter) to believe him and to trust him, he must look into claims of malpractice by his police force (as is done in other parts of the world) and ensure that cover ups, such as the infamous Red Bull affair ( http://www.newyorker.com/business/currency/the-red-bull-heir-and-inequality-in-thailand ) cease to happen.

Like everyone else on here, I don't know whether or not these Burmese guys killed Hannah and David, but if they are charged and found guilty, there must be no reasonable doubt about the outcome.

Over to you General!

Would anybody be stupid enough to keep it and not use it. It's quite a vital piece of evidence don't u think??

??? I thought tere was previous statement from Police that Blonde Hair (part of the recovered Evidence for use to get DNA) was found with her Phone!!! At the time the bodies were discovered!!!
No.

Blonde hair was found in her hand. It was never established if indeed it was her own or not, and it may well have been, if she was cowering her head.

However, the pics in the Mail show 3 black haired males, so all this police rubbish about one of the accused just having dyed his hair black is absolutely more rubbish.

The pics show 3 men at night one with hair lighter than the other 2.

Excellent news. Now what will it take to convince the skeptics on TV?

"It" meaning what; truth and justice?

"It" would take nothing, if that were only the case, because "it" would be good enough..

Regrettably, "It" does not exist here, and hence we cannot ever be convinced, because we know better, and things will never change.

Perhaps your interpretation of "it" is "Tourism", as it seems to be theirs?

.........According to the police chief, officers also found Witheridge's missing mobile phone during a raid on Win's residence.............

No fool would leave such a damning piece of evidence in his house. Anybody with half a brain cell would have thrown it into the sea.

It was planted.

Same as David Miller's shorts planted in Chris Ware's suitcase.

Ah... You say the suspects were 'tortured' so that is now a fact?

I am reading and though not 100% convinced I am far from reaching the same conclusions you have arrived at.

Good, diversity of opinion is what a healthy society is made of. To me, a day of "grueling interrogation" in a "safehouse" that results in a confession, which was not necessary in the first place, in a country with no significant protections against torture, is almost certainly evidence of TORTURE! Duh!

You are entitled to disagree but you are simply being disingenuous when you make it sound like I have no basis to succinctly call it torture. Thus, I am skeptical of whether you genuinely have a difference of opinion, or you have some weird sociopathic gripe that makes you deliberately want to disbelieve. Whatever it be, I do not intend to waste any more keystrokes on explaining stuff to you that should be pretty obvious why I think it is so. Like I said before, good luck to you.

You have no basis to call it torture. That is speculation based on wording from a translation of a non-native English speaker.

I do understand why you make a hasty retreat though!!

I am reading and though not 100% convinced I am far from reaching the same conclusions you have arrived at.

Good, diversity of opinion is what a healthy society is made of. To me, a day of "grueling interrogation" in a "safehouse" that results in a confession, which was not necessary in the first place, in a country with no significant protections against torture, is almost certainly evidence of TORTURE! Duh!

You are entitled to disagree but you are simply being disingenuous when you make it sound like I have no basis to succinctly call it torture. Thus, I am skeptical of whether you genuinely have a difference of opinion, or you have some weird sociopathic gripe that makes you deliberately want to disbelieve. Whatever it be, I do not intend to waste any more keystrokes on explaining stuff to you that should be pretty obvious why I think it is so. Like I said before, good luck to you.

You have no basis to call it torture. That is speculation based on wording from a translation of a non-native English speaker.

.........According to the police chief, officers also found Witheridge's missing mobile phone during a raid on Win's residence.............

No fool would leave such a damning piece of evidence in his house. Anybody with half a brain cell would have thrown it into the sea.

It was planted.

Same as David Miller's shorts planted in Chris Ware's suitcase.

It was planted.

Same as David Miller's shorts..... planted in Chris Ware's suitcase.

Sure, but you listed serial killers. Three Burmese guitar players 'the size of hobbits' who are guest workers on a Thai island?

These workers do manual labor all day, they are ripped. Stronger than half the people on this forum probably.

Yeah, try arm wrestling with a farmer. May look all skin & bones, but there's serious torque there.

Edited by DrTuner

Come on all you naysayers, keep up with the news

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1412314798

The perpetrator had died his hair blonde then died back to black. DNA results came back at 8am this morning. Samples sent to Singapore was very early in the case to identify race. News updates keep coming in. I think these are the killers.

Now there were only two of them sitting on the beach...

So in his "confession", 'Win' mistakenly claimed that three of them committed the crime? The same three on a bike and in the shop...

Who was the third man then? Perhaps these two are guilty, but at least one's confession clearly states there were three.

In my opinion all is not a matter whether Thai did it or not.

The matter is that the police cannot be trusted to put it lightly.

That is why the foreign public is crying out loudly.

Mainly the 'foreign public' right here smile.png .

Come on all you naysayers, keep up with the news

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1412314798

The perpetrator had died his hair blonde then died back to black. DNA results came back at 8am this morning. Samples sent to Singapore was very early in the case to identify race. News updates keep coming in. I think these are the killers.

Now there were only two of them sitting on the beach...

So in his "confession", 'Win' mistakenly claimed that three of them committed the crime? The same three on a bike and in the shop...

Who was the third man then? Perhaps these two are guilty, but at least one's confession clearly states there were three.

You may want to catch up.

While I don't believe for a second,, these 3 did this,, Some here are mentioning the blonde hair she was clutching,,,,, It's completely possible, that it was her OWN hair,,, I would say that in the midst of a violent attack, trying to fight off a person, (possibly on top of her), that she could have easily grabbed some of her own,,,, But without the PROPER collection/testing of ALL the evidence, that will never be known,,, So to say not one has blond hair, means nothing,,, The police may have really only put more suspicion on themselves, by claiming one of them recently dyed their hair,, What I mean is, say they tested the hair, found it to be hers, then making the comment of one of these guys dying theirs,,, PROVES they are fabricating evidence!,, even dyed hair, would match the hair in her hand,, IF it were bothered to be TESTED!

Edited by Adeeos

",,,,With the peak tourist season fast approaching Thai authorities are desperate to draw a line under the incident...."

I don't think the Thai authorities have any need to emphasize this further by drawing a line under the incident. They should satisfy peoples doubts about scapegoats so that they can draw a line through the incident.