DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

webfact

The Burmese are in police custody but not, apparently, formally under arrest ?

The DNA HAS TO match, imagine having to release yet more suspects after all the song and dance !

DNA matches - you are reading too much into things. The to get an order from the court to formally charge them but in western terms they clearly are under arrest. A hint would be the fact they are in jail and were brought to the crime scene in handcuffs.

Charges have been laid. The boys signed a confession after tortute and under duress.

They have no legal representation until

Monday. They are in Samui prison and some are concerned that they will be murdered and it will be made to look like suicide as pressure and scrutiny over the set up is mounting.

"Maybe" they were interrogated improperly but if the DNA matches then ....

Dead or alive their DNA (and family members) is not going anywhere. Unless you suspect the police could go back in time and replace the DNA they collected at the scene and shared with Singapore ... it is just fantasy to believe these guys were set-up.

I don't beleive any more whatever the police is pretending, DNA this DNA that, no proofs of anything really, just BS talk.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way will I accept that the pink metallic phone in a deep purple fold case, was Hannah's '2nd spare phone for Thailand'. The photos I found and made a collage from, are photos of Hannah using the phone back home, this year and last year. Then the phone with her at Choppers Bar, and finally, on the desk of the Police interviewing Hannah's friend, who coincidently, Abigail previously said handed the phone to a Police that morning.

I guess if Abigail is genuine, then she can easily find out from said friend, what Hannah's one and only phone looked like. Also Abigail, as sensitive as the subject is; finding out if Hannah and David seemed romantically intended when they left the friends, would be an important factor. We know Hannah's friends said David was 'smitten'.

What really happened that night, nobody may not ever know, but they can't stop us trying, fighting for Hannah and David.

Charges have been laid. The boys signed a confession after tortute and under duress.

Monday. They are in Samui prison and some are concerned that they will be murdered and it will be made to look like suicide as pressure and scrutiny over the set up is mounting.

Dead or alive their DNA (and family members) is not going anywhere. Unless you suspect the police could go back in time and replace the DNA they collected at the scene and shared with Singapore ... it is just fantasy to believe these guys were set-up.

If it's fantasy why not let there be an independent test? The Burmese guys dna with the dna in the UK (from Hannah). There is still the matter of the condom at the scene!

Money, face & tourism (more money) is way more important than anything else in this country. The longer you live here the more you realise it

Get over it, the original dna was sent to Singapore and now they have these guys dna and even if they die, they still have their dna which can be compared against the crime scene collections sent to Singapore earlier.

We are not the police and they are not going to share every detail of an ongoing case with the public. What of the condemn??? Do you suspect the attackers wore it and then took it off before ejaculating in/on the victim? Maybe it was David's and there is no reason to share this or maybe it wasn't even related to this case.

If the DNA matches then this case is closed barring details of others involved and the 3rd guy who says he left before the attack happened.

Anyone know if a petition is running to demand an independent investigation into this fiasco - all the more so now that friends of Win and Saw claim the police used torture to extract confessions?

Wonder how the friends would know this? More importantly did the police torture the dna out of them?

Had they tortured a confession out of a rich Thai family member whose dna matched, nobody would be complaining.

So it was Hannah's phone.

Somyot said about the 2 Burmese suspects that according to their statement, Witheridge resisted and managed to fight back, but to no avail. After they raped her, the two bludgeoned her to death, before taking her mobile phone and other valuables to be destroyed behind the house where they lived.

This also conflicts with earlier statements that nothing was taken

After digging around i have found a few more photos to add credibility to Hannah's mobile phone stitch up.

attachicon.gifHannahMobile.jpg

Its very true phones are similar and the colours theres thousands of the same............. problem here is..................... the phone cover is distinctive both with Hannah and her friend.

Its possible they both had exactly the same phone and cover but lets be honest... the odds drop down drastically for both.

Its real simple, the DNA is looked at and matched from real crime related evidence and confirmed by say the UK DNA.

so say there is hard evidence apart from confession atm is difficult...

they shared a cigarette while they raped... but the butt was found 50 or more meters from the bodies.... the phone found it is alleged the police were given by hannahs friend... the bike.... well the less said about the bike the better its got nothing on it of interest, no blood etc.

the men were playing guitar 30 meters away, not easy to see anything and then there is two very slight guys overpowering both with no screams and then there is the wounds on David... they are heavy duty and more than a couple of blows... then theres Hannahs OTT injuries... that wasnt done without serious rage and effort.. not as a matter of course as an after thought as claimed...

Just look at things as they are claimed... theres a lot of other suspect points like missing time on cctv .. lack of it, interrogations and the migrant thing

This is anything but tight as an investigation and I dont really see why Thailand would not wish to have all the solid links and proof backed up by say the UK forensics team and parade it to the world how smart the RTP were and enjoy the accolade and praise they would deserve...

By making a Disney land special out of it does nothing to make it seem anything than what it currently looks like... a fit up.

Id like them to have the killers, god knows id like the families to have closure... id like it all over.... but not if its at the expense on 3 innocent people whilst the real killers are out there to do it again.

So go on... get the best help you can and leave no doubts Thailand... repair your tourist industry be seen to be professional and confident and transparent, repair the mistrust and disgust not only by the international community but Thai at home too.

It would or should be easy to do and would do so much to be seen as a country moving forward with real concerns and a real show of reform towards a better place.

I wont hold my breathe.

If they had walked away from that beating smoking a cigarette, they would have been covered with blood and gore from head to toe.

The cigarette would have been contaminated with god knows what

Anyone know if a petition is running to demand an independent investigation into this fiasco - all the more so now that friends of Win and Saw claim the police used torture to extract confessions?

Wonder how the friends would know this? More importantly did the police torture the dna out of them?

Had they tortured a confession out of a rich Thai family member whose dna matched, nobody would be complaining.

What makes you think they even used the Dna from Win and Saw,surely for a match they would need the Dna from the real perps presuming they were scapegoats,no good using their Dna it would have to be provided by the real killers, which is quite possible they do have samples to do the switch.

I just want to clear up what i posted yesterday. I originally said that there was no way that the phone could have been at the suspects house because it was at the scene. I jumped to conclusions with that statement. At that point my friend had just told me that she had the phone the next day and I didn't want to ask her too many questions and upset her.

I've since spoken to her properly and that's when I found out that the phone wasn't at the scene but was in the friends handbag. They gave it to the police the following morning along with the passcode. It's perfectly normal to know friends passcodes, especially if you're travelling together and using phones to take pictures etc.

You don't need to believe me, I'm just saying what I know. I am also aware that perhaps the police are referring to the other victims phone, in which case my information is useless anyway.

I don't really want to comment publicly on whether they were romantically involved or not.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cm_mcv/status/518079919801110529?utm_source=fb&utm_content=518246232456560640&utm_campaign=worrarit&utm_medium=fb

• Like 1

I just want to clear up what i posted yesterday. I originally said that there was no way that the phone could have been at the suspects house because it was at the scene. I jumped to conclusions with that statement. At that point my friend had just told me that she had the phone the next day and I didn't want to ask her too many questions and upset her.

I've since spoken to her properly and that's when I found out that the phone wasn't at the scene but was in the friends handbag. They gave it to the police the following morning along with the passcode. It's perfectly normal to know friends passcodes, especially if you're travelling together and using phones to take pictures etc.

You don't need to believe me, I'm just saying what I know. I am also aware that perhaps the police are referring to the other victims phone, in which case my information is useless anyway.

I don't really want to comment publicly on whether they were romantically involved or not.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cm_mcv/status/518079919801110529?utm_source=fb&utm_content=518246232456560640&utm_campaign=worrarit&utm_medium=fb

But they have said it was Hannahs phone they found.... thats the problem

So many lies and misinformation to date from the police im surprised there are still some witless imbeciles that swallow anything the police say at the moment without questioning it...

If it's fantasy why not let there be an independent test? The Burmese guys dna with the dna in the UK (from Hannah). There is still the matter of the condom at the scene!

Money, face & tourism (more money) is way more important than anything else in this country. The longer you live here the more you realise it

Get over it, the original dna was sent to Singapore and now they have these guys dna and even if they die, they still have their dna which can be compared against the crime scene collections sent to Singapore earlier.

We are not the police and they are not going to share every detail of an ongoing case with the public. What of the condemn??? Do you suspect the attackers wore it and then took it off before ejaculating in/on the victim? Maybe it was David's and there is no reason to share this or maybe it wasn't even related to this case.

If the DNA matches then this case is closed barring details of others involved and the 3rd guy who says he left before the attack happened.

Even if DNA is a match this does not prove murder. There is just a 'confession' for that, allegely tortured out of them. They didn't seem to have a clue what events had actually unfolded during the incidents during the reconstruction.

Whoever did the actual murder well I would have thought they must be on some major drugs or have a major grudge against the victim, that's just my personal opinion though. More likely to be someone with face to lose than these two guys.

Single-molecule real-time sequencing

DNA sequencing in 20 minutes

The question is, Does Thailand have access to this new technology and, if so, did they buy from the same vendor as GT-200?

Clearly not as Pol Lt Gen Kamrob Panyakaew, chief of the Office of Police Forensic Science, said experts in Bangkok were rushing to complete the tests, though each sample takes at least 48 hours to complete.

And he said this days after Mon's alleged DNA sample came back allegedly clear in less than 24 hours. He also said that they were testing blind and sending the results back. That's handy

Edited by bunglebag

What makes you think they even used the Dna from Win and Saw,surely for a match they would need the Dna from the real perps presuming they were scapegoats,no good using their Dna it would have to be provided by the real killers, which is quite possible they do have samples to do the switch.

And they have replaced all the dna in the bodies of Win and Saw with the real rapist/murderers they are protecting or do you suspect the police intend to make these suspects disappear as well as their family so nobody can ever retest the dna should these two recant their confessions and it turns out witnesses who saw them around the scene lied and the video footage of them was faked from the start and that the reenactment was rehearsed and the phone of one of victims was placed at the suspects place?

Does anyone know where this message about the phone being handed over to the police originated from? I'm speaking of the one from Abigail1989.

I've only seen the screenshots of two statements that she made however, it's obviously part of a longer discussion.

Do we know this Abigail1989 even exists or is she some 50 year old dodgy bloke having a joke at everyone's expense?

Just asking because a lot of us are treating it like it's undeniable evidence.

As for the photos of the phone on the police officer's desk being the same one pictured with Hannah, it's not possible to tell for certain- I can see some matching characteristics though such as the side clips and the actual phones look like they're pink.

Edited by Tazwa

Does anyone know where this message about the phone being handed over to the police originated from? I'm speaking of the one from Abigail1989.

I've only seen the screenshots of two statements that she made however, it's obviously part of a longer discussion.

Do we know this Abigail1989 even exists or is she some 50 year old dodgy bloke having a joke at everyone's expense?

As for the photos of the phone on the police officer's desk being the same one pictured with Hannah, it's not possible to tell for certain- I can see some matching characteristics though such as the side clips and the actual phones look like they're pink.

More important is the police have not said the phone they found at the suspects was the same one the initially confiscated the day of the murders. They said they found a victims phone at the suspect place. They did not say Hannah and could have been David's phone or even Hannah's second phone to use in Thailand. There is no picture of the phone police say they recovered from the suspects.

All this debate about the phone is currently nonsense distraction from facts.

But they have said it was Hannahs phone they found.... thats the problem

So many lies and misinformation to date from the police im surprised there are still some witless imbeciles that swallow anything the police say at the moment without questioning it...

They're (RTP) only following orders from above, way above. It seems the new PM swallows it.

More important is the police have not said the phone they found at the suspects was the same one the initially confiscated the day of the murders. They said they found a victims phone at the suspect place. They did not say Hannah and could have been David's phone or even Hannah's second phone to use in Thailand. There is no picture of the phone police say they recovered from the suspects.

We have seen pictures of the pink phone in front of Hannah in the bar on the night of the murder, and then the next day on the police desk when her fdriend was with the police, so even if she had a second phone (unlikely I think anyway) this pink one is the one she had that night.

Pol Gen Somyot said about the 2 Burmese suspects that according to their statement, Witheridge resisted and managed to fight back, but to no avail. After they raped her, the two bludgeoned her to death, before taking her mobile phone and other valuables to be destroyed behind the house where they lived.

This conflicts with an earlier statement from police that nothing had been taken too.

Edited by bunglebag

Who is to say that it was their DNA that was sent to Singapore? You might call them the 'herd', but it appears that it is you who lacks the ability of critical thought.

Nevertheless, I am not going to be the one to try to teach a pig to sing. It will be a waste of my time and will only serve to annoy the pig.

Oh yes there is, the morning this news broke I posted on TV that I was watching ch. 7 showing a clip of the arrest of the Myanmar suspects and it showed the phone hidden in a bush in a plastic bag. One police officer display the phone in the bag for the camera.

What about the clothes these two guys were wearing that night? Would have been bloodied up no? So they disposed of their clothes, but not the phone they took from the victim? Did the police look for the clothes? Did police look for any evidence at all? And really the explanation makes no sense at all as so many have pointed out. These two small kids committed this crime all by themselves. To have done what is claimed without there being any witnesses to the screams or time for Hannah to run and get help - how is it possible for these two to do that? It would have had to been completed in a real short time. It doesn't really make sense.

If these two guys can't speak Thai very well, and there was no translator present, and no lawyers present, how did the police get so much detail out of them? Fact is they didn't. That's why the police had to show them how to do the re-enactment. If you look at the photo gallery on the Daily Mirror website, almost every picture is of someone moving the suspects bodies or showing them what to do. There is even a photo of the guy in the blue shirt using the dust bin to simulate hitting the "actor playing " David!

Who is to say that it was their DNA that was sent to Singapore? You might call them the 'herd', but it appears that it is you who lacks the ability of critical thought.

Nevertheless, I am not going to be the one to try to teach a pig to sing. It will be a waste of my time and will only serve to annoy the pig.

Oh yes there is, the morning this news broke I posted on TV that I was watching ch. 7 showing a clip of the arrest of the Myanmar suspects and it showed the phone hidden in a bush in a plastic bag. One police officer display the phone in the bag for the camera.

Very interesting. Did it look like this same phone under discussion? (the one in front of Hannah in the bar)?

Edited by bunglebag

What about the clothes these two guys were wearing that night? Would have been bloodied up no? So they disposed of their clothes, but not the phone they took from the victim? Did the police look for the clothes? Did police look for any evidence at all? And really the explanation makes no sense at all as so many have pointed out. These two small kids committed this crime all by themselves. To have done what is claimed without there being any witnesses to the screams or time for Hannah to run and get help - how is it possible for these two to do that? It would have had to been completed in a real short time. It doesn't really make sense.

If these two guys can't speak Thai very well, and there was no translator present, and no lawyers present, how did the police get so much detail out of them? Fact is they didn't. That's why the police had to show them how to do the re-enactment. If you look at the photo gallery on the Daily Mirror website, almost every picture is of someone moving the suspects bodies or showing them what to do. There is even a photo of the guy in the blue shirt using the dust bin to simulate hitting the "actor playing " David!

Share the photo then -- nobody is comparing the picture of the phone they found to the picture of the phone they confiscated the day of the murder. Why is that? Obviously because not the same phone.