NGO questions if the two Myanmar suspects are scapegoats

Lite Beer

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple. Send the suspects' DNA to England where it can be compared to that on the victims.

What on earth makes you think the DNA wasn't swapped when they charged these people?? keep reading this type of post, any outside testing is now pointless.

You're forgetting one little fact, the victims were sent back to the UK long before these guys were arrested.

Do you think the UK will do any tests of their own, or just not bother ?

No, I just think that if a scapegoat was planned then all DNA evidence would have been removed.

Looks like miss Marple hasn't properly thought this post through.

Edited by JeremyBowskill

The odds that they are innocent and scape-goats is very high.

Its most likely , they will be murdered shortly and deemed to have attempted escape , or killed by patriot's inside Jail.

Trial is perilous , too dangerous, with risks of the truth coming out.

Their evidence might contradict authorities.

On questioning confess they witnessed police axe hands & limbs off other prisoners in front of them or whatever terrible things they witnessed to confess at some house of horrors.

Most likely on less suitable migrant workers .

Even names changed in police reports .

Who else were in this house?

World media could see massive loss of Thai face.

So Thais will most certainly , "get rid of them" Their confessions already video taped .

Its" Lock stock and Barrel - Done and dusted" - "business as usual - promotion time."

"Buy one drink - get one free- Hula dancers - fire walkers - and Car - Ching $$$$$$$$"

High Season - Smooth as silk- Thainess

Edited by Fred Flinstone
  • Like 2

There will still be a trial.

From here : http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/jan/18/ukcrime.travelnews

Wichai and Bualoi were arrested on January 9 and confessed to the crime, but a trial was held on Friday, as is customary in Thailand for cases carrying a maximum sentence of capital punishment.

So a Thai could do that, but no Thai could do this?

IMO it's more who the killers might be related to rather than the nationality of the killers that has caused the requirement of scapegoats

• Like 2

aTomsLife

I do think right from the get go they were looking for a scapegoat, first up to bat was the tiny farang that didn't look capable of killing two rabbits let alone people. Next they started going on about blonde hair (which they seem to have found a nice story for now). What with that and the prime minister saying " no Thai could do this to a tourist" it became pretty obvious where it was heading. I just think if you were planning a cover up, then that of course would extend to whatever evidence you were sending back home. It is also possible that the families might want to just get straight on and bury their kids, they may not be willing to give consent for more testing (assuming consent is needed).

I did mention (but can't be bothered to track the post) after they released Mr Ware, if I were Burmese/Cambodian I would have been on my toes as soon as they let him go. Face and tourist dollar trumps truth and justice in any game of top trumps in Thailand.

I agree with everything you've said, except that I don't believe it's possible to contaminate the evidence --sorry to be indelicate -- inside the body without the BIB giving themselves away. I don't know for sure if the families had DNA samples collected from their loved ones, but I like to think they did. There are, after all, millions of westerners who know the "Land of Smiles" is just a marketing phrase.

aTomsLife

I do think right from the get go they were looking for a scapegoat, first up to bat was the tiny farang that didn't look capable of killing two rabbits let alone people. Next they started going on about blonde hair (which they seem to have found a nice story for now). What with that and the prime minister saying " no Thai could do this to a tourist" it became pretty obvious where it was heading. I just think if you were planning a cover up, then that of course would extend to whatever evidence you were sending back home. It is also possible that the families might want to just get straight on and bury their kids, they may not be willing to give consent for more testing (assuming consent is needed).

I did mention (but can't be bothered to track the post) after they released Mr Ware, if I were Burmese/Cambodian I would have been on my toes as soon as they let him go. Face and tourist dollar trumps truth and justice in any game of top trumps in Thailand.

I agree with everything you've said, except that I don't believe it's possible to contaminate the evidence --sorry to be indelicate -- inside the body without the BIB giving themselves away. I don't know for sure if the families had DNA samples collected from their loved ones, but I like to think they did. There are, after all, millions of westerners who know the "Land of Smiles" is just a marketing phrase.

I think once you reach this level of don't give a shiteness, then anything is possible. Don't see why they would show little regard of what the outside world thinks and then show sensitivity to the area where DNA samples would be located. I do hope you are right though.

Edited by JeremyBowskill

Guys as i just wrote on the new Topic from a few minutes ago: Just think now:

i have a probably good if not the best question... coz i am always reading about DNA this UK that independet checking that!

they are now the acused and will have a trial date right! so every lawyer has the right to bring expert witnesses into court.. so the easiest way (the UK has her body and the samples of the seamen DNA) is for the lawyer to get an UK expertwitness Scotland Yard or the FBI i read wanted to be involved too and just check the DNA themselves with the DNA of these to guys...

even the worst lawyer in the world would do that ... so we can be sure he will do it... so IF it shows that the 2 DNA samples match also with the FBI or Scotland Yard they wont show it in court (not to intimidate them even more) but we can be sure that they did it even if it will never come out that they did the tests! Probably after all these alligations and bad police work and stuff the FBI or SY will ask the lawyer themselves if they can be of assitance... so i honestly am 99% sure that they will do it... and if the DNA shows that its a false positive it will come out on court day... and if the DNA matches we will not hear from it but we will all know that they did it....

i have a probably good if not the best question... coz i am always reading about DNA this UK that independet checking that!

they are now the acused and will have a trial date right! so every lawyer has the right to bring expert witnesses into court.. so the easiest way (the UK has her body and the samples of the seamen DNA) is for the lawyer to get an UK expertwitness Scotland Yard or the FBI i read wanted to be involved too and just check the DNA themselves with the DNA of these to guys...

even the worst lawyer in the world would do that ... so we can be sure he will do it... so IF it shows that the 2 DNA samples match also with the FBI or Scotland Yard they wont show it in court (not to intimidate them even more) but we can be sure that they did it even if it will never come out that they did the tests! Probably after all these alligations and bad police work and stuff the FBI or SY will ask the lawyer themselves if they can be of assitance... so i honestly am 99% sure that they will do it... and if the DNA shows that its a false positive it will come out on court day... and if the DNA matches we will not hear from it but we will all know that they did it....

Chibo,

Courts in Thailand do not work like courts everywhere else (I know this from bitter experience). If you plead guilty, then you do not get to submit anything, no mitigation no nothing, you are there to pick up your sentence and nothing else. There are no 12 peers judging you, just a judge and he hands out whatever he sees fit. In short they will be asked their names and that's about it.

• Like 1

I am worried that they won't even have lawyers! I think the police said they declined the offer of lawyers - If true then why would they do that? told to? forced to? These guys need lawyers. There are so many holes in this case.

Do you really know the Thai Rules of Evidence that well? Do you really think Thai courts are above corruption? Do you really think these "suspects" will have the same rights you'd have in your home country?

In most civilized countries defense attorneys are allowed to conduct what's often called "discovery." They are allowed to ask for and get anything that might prove something, or even that might lead to information that would trigger more discovery. If the request meets those criteria and they don't get the discovery, they can file a motion for a mistrial and they'll get it.

This ain't Kansas.

Edited by NeverSure

Chibo,

Courts in Thailand do not work like courts everywhere else (I know this from bitter experience). If you plead guilty, then you do not get to submit anything, no mitigation no nothing, you are there to pick up your sentence and nothing else. There are no 12 peers judging you, just a judge and he hands out whatever he sees fit. In short they will be asked their names and that's about it.

Im not sure man ... if u see this article > http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/jan/18/ukcrime.travelnews

Defence attorneys presented no witnesses during the one-day trial at a Surat Thani court, which was fast-tracked through the court system because of the international attention surrounding the case.

but that also means they could have presented.. they just didnt.... and if this NGO and all is behind them belive me they will make these independent tests.. and if its a positive they wont talk about it and then i hope they burn in hell.... and if its a false positive belive me its a matter of 1 minute... just say we made the DNA test and its false... set up

I think if the they were being tried in a UK court, it is highly likely that the DNA and other evidence would be thrown out as inadmissible due to the inability of the local police to keep the scene of crime and other evidence forensically sterile.

and of course plus due to the possibility of an "accidental" loss of some DNA on the records , resulting into the birth of another DNA being in the records. Easy peasy.

Oh well maybe i have watched too many movies . . . . . . . .

Do you really know the Thai Rules of Evidence that well? Do you really think Thai courts are above corruption? Do you really think these "suspects" will have the same rights you'd have in your home country?

In most civilized countries defense attorneys are allowed to conduct what's often called "discovery." They are allowed to ask for and get anything that might prove something, or even that might lead to information that would trigger more discovery. If the request meets those criteria and they don't get the discovery, they can file a motion for a mistrial and they'll get it.

This ain't Kansas.

Man i live here for 9 years now and i own a real estate company in thailand (hence i have a lot to do with lawyers) and all these guys who tell u the farang is always wrong thats just BS... one of my best friends is a lawyer and he also says.. the farangs are just scared when they have an accident and just pay or they dont want to go to the hassel of courtdays and better pay 10 000 bath or something to repair the motorbike for example... but everyone can have a fair trial in thailand... the only problem here yes its that they confessed... but just making a testsample and if its a false positive then bring it up on court they can do that

• Like 1

Chibo,

This is not correct. Do some research. On a capital case there is a trial and all the evidence is presented.

This ain't Kansas.

Man i live here for 9 years now and i own a real estate company in thailand (hence i have a lot to do with lawyers) and all these guys who tell u the farang is always wrong thats just BS... one of my best friends is a lawyer and he also says.. the farangs are just scared when they have an accident and just pay or they dont want to go to the hassel of courtdays and better pay 10 000 bath or something to repair the motorbike for example... but everyone can have a fair trial in thailand... the only problem here yes its that they confessed... but just making a testsample and if its a false positive then bring it up on court they can do that

I dont say they did it... i dont say they didnt do it... the only thing i say is that they will make their OWN DNA investigation FOR SURE after all of that.. specially with NGO SY FBI all these things... and if we dont hear about anything they are guilty.. and if not we will 100% hear about it... belive me that... they will be able to present that to the court... it takes 1 freaking minute... "If it pleases the court. We made our own DNA search with a laboratory from FB freaking I and the DNA doesnt match.. and the whole world will hear about it! so belive me if that doesnt happen i will be sure that they did it...

Chibo,

This is not correct. Do some research. On a capital case there is a trial and all the evidence is presented.

I can only speak from my own experience, and I asked my lawyer if I could provide mitigation and he said "you won't even get to speak". Of course this is a murder trail and mine wasn't so it may be different, but would still expect it to be worlds apart from a trail in our respective lands.

The evidence may well be presented, as was mine but if you have gone guilty then who will be arguing it?

Edited by JeremyBowskill

Chibo,

I can only speak from my own experience, and I asked my lawyer if I could provide mitigation and he said "you won't even get to speak". Of course this is a murder trail and mine wasn't so it may be different, but would still expect it to be worlds apart from a trail in our respective lands.

The evidence may well be presented, as was mine but if you have gone guilty then who will be arguing it?

Yea if your guilty.. the only thing is if they can say we checked it with the FBI lab and the DNA doesnt match thats all it has to be ... the whole world will knnow it was a set up even if they still go into prison because they confessed... thats the point im trying to make... they will for sure do the investigation themselves and we will hear about it unless the FBI has the same results and then their guilty.... its just im here on this forum and it seems to me that all of you guys WANT it to be Thais so baaaaadly... like its 100% sure these 2 didnt do it... they were drinking playing music maybe drunk.. why shouldnt they have done it? why is everyone so 100% sure that it is a set up? i dont get that... it coud very well be.. im not saying no... but everyone is talking as it would be 100% sure its a set up... so we will know for sure..and if nothing is presented then it was a match with the independent lab because they will do that for SURE

Chibo,

At this stage I'm going to be very surprised if this goes to trial as it is.

There's a not so quiet revolution gaining ground on social media and other online sites and people are seeing what's happening here for what it really is.

Perhaps this is by design, we all know things work in mysterious ways in Thailand.

The tide could turn at any moment and I have a feeling there may be some big changes coming to Koh Tao.

Chibo84

Why would the FBI (F'in Bunch of Idiots) be involved in a case with 2 British nationals?

Because they asked to a few days ago.. SY also and im very sure now that NGO will be all up on this Biatch... so i think they will have at least a o.k representation... and again just make the test with an independant lab and we they will know... and the world will hear it if it was a set up or we wont hear anything...

just to add its the media who said the FBI asked... and honestly i belive the media less than the thai cops...

Edited by chibo84

its just im here on this forum and it seems to me that all of you guys WANT it to be Thais so baaaaadly...

This is rubbish, I don't care who did it nor where they come from so long as they get the right people and don't stitch up some patsy.

Bad people come from everywhere, everyone knows that. Nobody's going to be judging a country based on the actions of a few criminals, we're not dumb, well - I'm not anyway.

• Like 1

It appears that most of the posters are in agreement. So the onus is on the British government to step up to the plate and officially request that the British forensic team conducts their own DNA test and compare results. All we can do is to put pressure on the British authorities to be more proactive and take the action. Thais do not listen to us anyway.

I would hope that my country [the US] would step in for me or any other US citizen if they were in the same situation.

Also makes me wonder if the parents of the 2 victims have requested any investigation into the Thai investigation??