Rights group arranges lawyers for Myanmar men

Lite Beer

Anyone else read the BP newspaper today where it said the phone found outside the suspect's home was David Miller's?

This is a first.

Actually the police said from the get go the phone belonged to one of the victims. Never said Hannah's especially not the same one they openly showed the collected on the first day.

False.. But we cant link to the BP from here.

What the press translates and writes is one thing and what is reality is often sometimes another. The BP stated very clearly today police said it was David's phone. Never mentioning police contradicted yourself. But I know you will explain this away as bad reporting but in the same breath want to believe selected things from bad reporters. The entire phone scandal was idiotic and made no sense from the start even if the police did say it was her phone. If it was her phone it would obviously have been a second phone and not the phone they showed to the press the first day of the investigation. To believe the police who you believe is so experienced in deceit and corruption would be this stupid is not being too rational.

The DNA matched.

Yeah, that's what the RTP say. So it must be true. Just like my assertion that you have vested interest in tourism.

• Like 1

The fact that the head of a national NGO (a Thai lady) supports the view that they are innocent, speaks far more volumes than either of our speculations.

The fact that you consider the thoughts of a Thai lady evidence of their innocence, speaks volumes about you mental condition.

Which is clearly in better shape than yours.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do you guys understand that we can't link to the Bangkok Post here? If you want the link to where they said it was Hannah's phone you'll need to ask by PM.

I won't directly quote here as I don't think I'm allowed but to paraphrase the 3rd October article:

The Police Gen Somyot said the investigators had found Miss Witheridge's phone outside the suspect's living place on Thursday evening.

Whether or not he said this or was an error by the newspaper is unknown but it's what was published. Previously all we had was that it belonged to one of the suspects.

I hope this satisfies you.

Pol Gen Somyot said Friday that investigators Thursday night found Witheridge's mobile phone near Wyn's living quarters.

Absolutely shocking to see how much faith some posters place in the police and law-enforcement in general - I mean seriously.

How can some posters not understand that rich people are above the law in here?

Do those posters remember the Sukhumvit supercar 'accident? Do they remember the minivan accident on the expressway?

How can they be so dismissive in their thinking?

It's people's lives there talking about here. They want the truth, only the truth.

Really brings me to wonder what your up to. Why don't you want the police to prove themselves to an outsider. What have they or you to hide?

Absolutely shocking the level people are going to in order to not accept what clearly seems to be a reality of these suspects guilt. They got lawyers now, if they didn't do they will take a swab of their DNA and compare it with those from the scene booked into Sinagpore. If it doesn't match then I guess they should drop the rape charges and then according to your thinking the police should just look at them for the murders. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif alt=crazy.gif width=20 height=27>s Of course if they did that you'd day the police insane.

Please get real, no jury in the world is not going to convict the two of murder if it is their DNA semen in the victim. You have to get into some real far fetched scenarios to not have these guys be the killers.

Edit: And of course the far fetched scenario must involve the son of a rich Thai

I agree, if the DNA evidence is convincing, then the Burmese are guilty of at least having sex with the victim. However, there have been more twists and obfuscations in this case than a garden full of earthworms. I can't see how Thai cops (and their controller, the Headman) will allow the newly found lawyers to do their lawyer jobs unhindered. There's too much at stake, if authorities are found to have skewered the evidence. Mark my words: if lawyers are allowed unfettered access to the accused (and it's a big IF), they won't be allowed to double check DNA in a scientifically sound way.

To me, just as important, is how the scene at the AC bar has been reconstructed on that fateful night. Thus far WE'VE HEARD NOTHING IN THAT REGARD FROM AUTHORITIES. It's as though the farang couple just popped out of the sea mist while strolling along the beach. I'd also like to hear from Sean. He's probably the most important witness, yet was conveniently let split to who knows where by Thai authorities. It's not unlike the case of the two healthy young farang women on Phi Phi Island (about 2 years ago) who mysteriously died at night. Two farang men were seen walking them home, but cops did nothing to try and talk with them. The two guys just split off in to the sunset. Thai investigative prowess is less than adept. It's based largely on contrived crapola.

The police collected two different DNA semen samples they found in the female victim. This was share with Singapore to get more details on the ethnicity of those whose DNA it was. After collecting hundreds of samples of DNA the police matched it to these two suspects. Unless these two suspects and their family are erased from the face of the earth, they can be tested again and compared with the original DNA results here and in Singapore.

Forget the phone of a victim found at the suspects place, forget the Video footage, forget witnesses who saw them near the scene at the time, forget their two friends who are testifying against them ... forget all of this and all the conspiracy BS and realize THE DNA MATCHES, In the highly unlikely event their lawyers finds out it didn't match then we have an issue but right now this is a pretty much shut and closed case. The only thing to wait for is the guilty verdict that would be got anywhere in the world based on just the evidence we know about.

Is it? The date for bugaboo vid is Fri 3rd Oct 08.02 am. Police said they found the phone at Wyn`s on Thurs night 2nd Oct.

My i/net connection is iffy so can`t play whole clip. Why is phone not in a plastic evidence bag? Myth of fingerprints?

If you can pull a still of most relevant shot and post, it would be much appreciated.

as I said in another post if it was David's phone then whose phone was pictured on the crime scene next to david's shorts ?

• Like 1

The statement police issued first was #Witheridges# phone was found near near the suspects home.

Look for the link yourself, ylou seem to be enjoyiong your xenophobic rants.

Not going to look up what doesn't exist.

And yet it ohh so clearly does..

But at least it shows your clear closed minded bias for all others to see..

Thank you S. I still have the silverwing!! Garaged for 2 years!

I had my Thai wife watch and listen to this, took a screen shot on my mobile but not sure how to upload it.. It was in a plastic back as the police held it, the accused hand cuffed in the bushes pointing to it, but still my wife says they refer to it as "her" phone! But it doesn't look pink like hers.... Hope

It helps.

Sorry this was regarding the video about the found phone at the back of the accused dwellings - not sure why it didn't attach to that thread

Edited by Elsuisso

Is it? The date for bugaboo vid is Fri 3rd Oct 08.02 am. Police said they found the phone at Wyn`s on Thurs night 2nd Oct.

My i/net connection is iffy so can`t play whole clip. Why is phone not in a plastic evidence bag? Myth of fingerprints?

If you can pull a still of most relevant shot and post, it would be much appreciated.

Let me guess, not the same phone internet crime solvers have been comparing pictures for days in their conspiracy promotion efforts.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do you guys understand that we can't link to the Bangkok Post here? If you want the link to where they said it was Hannah's phone you'll need to ask by PM.

I won't directly quote here as I don't think I'm allowed but to paraphrase the 3rd October article:

The Police Gen Somyot said the investigators had found Miss Witheridge's phone outside the suspect's living place on Thursday evening.

Whether or not he said this or was an error by the newspaper is unknown but it's what was published. Previously all we had was that it belonged to one of the suspects.

I hope this satisfies you.

Pol Gen Somyot said Friday that investigators Thursday night found Witheridge's mobile phone near Wyn's living quarters.

Exactly. This is the general that has been hand-picked by the PM as his number 2 to lead this investigation. I doubt very much he would have allowed his words to be misquoted by the media. I am sure the lawyers would want to examine this exhibit...

You might just shoot yourself in the foot.

Say, these guys are guilty - getting good lawyers will probably get them off due to the inconsistencies by the police, then you'll have the killers walking free and no justice being done, apart from getting incompetent policemen the sack.

Good point, and even more likely no police get the sack. Life gets a little harder for the Burmese and xenophobic Thais blame it on all foreigners - victims and scapegoats alike.

Saying that, I will add that I do not find it impossible to believe the two accused raped, but I find it extremely difficult to believe they acted alone.

The pivotal point came (to me) when there was a mention of a "70% DNA match". Now, I am unsure as to the origin, but simultaneously the police announced they were looking for the son who had "escaped to Bangkok". The evidence which clears him looks amateurish, from the photo's I saw. But, that alibi is now watertight.

Cctv was released, but crucial footage was removed; it appears there were two persons walking ahead of the subject, at 4am... Would they not be persons of interest? (Remember there were only two perpetrators but here is possible evidence of at least three)

Lastly, I read in BP that the third Myanmar guy is missing? The one who was initially implicated in 'Wins' confession, but two hours later had been magically cleared?

I would hate to see killers go free, but I would hate it more to see innocent people harmed. If there is any doubt at all I see no reason why the PM cannot order an independent inquiry by - not foreign - impartial unconnected Thais. If there are any.

Why do the xenophobes crack on so much about the DNA being the holy grail from a crime scene that

was not sealed off and allowed every man and his dog to oggle, wander around and contaminate?

The other evidence is relevant given that the DNA samples taken were possibly contaminated.

I DO NOT KNOW if these Burmese committed the crime or some local bigshot but neither am I blind.

The crime scene photos show CLEARLY that the poor girl was abused AFTER she had been killed and yet

the suspects say otherwise. THAT is where my doubt lies, and I am QUALIFIED to make that assumption.

• Like 2

The statement police issued first was #Witheridges# phone was found near near the suspects home.

Look for the link yourself, ylou seem to be enjoyiong your xenophobic rants.

Not going to look up what doesn't exist.

And yet it ohh so clearly does..

But at least it shows your clear closed minded bias for all others to see..

I shared too many links previously showing the police did not say it was her phone to play this game. As the Bank Post wrote today ... Police have state it was his phone. They also say the suspects say they took her phone. A simple confusion added to the fact that a Thai word can mean him, her, he, hers she his or even they. The statement by police never included her name. And it is just beyond stupid to believe that the Thai police who showed her phone off to the press during the first day investigating would then go plant that same phone at the suspects.

wrong again

they say Hannahs phone

Absolutely shocking to see how much faith some posters place in the police and law-enforcement in general - I mean seriously.

Do those posters remember the Sukhumvit supercar 'accident? Do they remember the minivan accident on the expressway?

It's people's lives there talking about here. They want the truth, only the truth.

Really brings me to wonder what your up to. Why don't you want the police to prove themselves to an outsider. What have they or you to hide?

I don't get your point.

All I am for is the truth and if an outsider could possibly confirm what the police claim, I think we would all be for it - and I would welcome it.

I don't believe the official story due to the massive number of holes in what the police claim.

I don't know what I could possibly have to hide other than the fact that this event has affected me enormously, and I hope for the families of the victims that justice is served.

I would have no hesitation being the first to admit I was wrong (especially to JTJ) - I would be proud to lose face here. I am just fearing that this event will end like so many have during my time in Thailand. It is just too hard for me to ignore what the police have done before in 'tourist' related situations as well.

• Like 2

wrong again

they say Hannahs phone

At this point I am getting embarrassed for you and those that keep latching on to this phone conspiracy despite it clearly not being the same phone you conspiracy theorists were obsessing over pictures about and despite the Bangkok Post very clearly stating the police say it was David;s phone while in the same article saying the suspect told police he believed he took Hannah;s phone.

DNA MATCHES and you want to obsess about translated reports that are not even direct quotes from police to bury your head in the sand.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

I don't get your point.

All I am for is the truth and if an outsider could possibly confirm what the police claim, I think we would all be for it - and I would welcome it.

I don't believe the official story due to the massive number of holes in what the police claim.

I don't know what I could possibly have to hide other than the fact that this event has affected me enormously, and I hope for the families of the victims that justice is served.

I would have no hesitation being the first to admit I was wrong (especially to JTJ) - I would be proud to lose face here. I am just fearing that this event will end like so many have during my time in Thailand. It is just too hard for me to ignore what the police have done before in 'tourist' related situations as well.

I'm sorry, I pinned that on the wrong thread.

• Like 1

Why do the xenophobes crack on so much about the DNA being the holy grail from a crime scene that

was not sealed off and allowed every man and his dog to oggle, wander around and contaminate?

The other evidence is relevant given that the DNA samples taken were possibly contaminated.

I DO NOT KNOW if these Burmese committed the crime or some local bigshot but neither am I blind.

The crime scene photos show CLEARLY that the poor girl was abused AFTER she had been killed and yet

the suspects say otherwise. THAT is where my doubt lies, and I am QUALIFIED to make that assumption.

Unfortunately DennisF, it looks like money wins against facts and logic in this one.

Come on everyone on TV .. if you want to be sure about this then we need 10,000 sigs to move on it to petition the British Embassy and British government for another independent investigation, all people want is real justice and closure for David and Hannahs families, that means 100% without doubt .... get enough voices and the UK gov will have to open an investigation if they havnt already behind closed doors.

We can make a difference for once, all it takes are for good people to do something....

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller#share

Please Moderators im asking you on behalf of many do the right thing and let this link stay.

Sorry can’t read Thai so not sure where to sign. Otherwise great work...

Forget the fact you are not qualified because if you were you wouldn't say you could determine such things from a phone since you don't have all the facts surrounding the scene and photo. Simple thing you don't know is if blood had been washed or wiped away for one. Second of all you clearly have no idea, as none of due, in regards to the full details of the confession and OF COURSE the girl was abused she was violently raped. Lastly it is very common for people not to admit fully to their crime such as them having sex with a dead body. Just as many child killers swear they didn;t rape their victim or downplay to the extent what they did.

Please stop with this nonsense.

THE DNA MATCHES ... the original DNA results from the crime scene is on file in Singapore and Thailand. Their lawyers can also take their DNA and have it compared to the result of the tests in both countries.

• Like 1

as I said in another post if it was David's phone then whose phone was pictured on the crime scene next to david's shorts ?

can u give us a link of the shorts and phone?

• Like 2

I signed this petition, I live in Thailand & tried to share it's link on my facebook home page. Even using a VPN it would not post on my page... I wonder why???

I've just looked at the arms, hands and faces of these two innocents on the photo's on the petition.

My god!!! I have never ever seen such injuries and burns all of my life!!! They are unrecognisable as human beings, so, whoever did this scandalous thing to them to get them to confess should be put behind bars for a very long time. Their hands are lobster red and their faces bloated - god I feel sick!!

Look if you dare, but be warned it is pretty gruesome!!!

Grow up.

All the majority of the members want on here is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Agree that probably the majority since many read and don't post but there seem to be a significant or very vocal few who simply only want to believe it was not these men and/or want to believe it was a rich Thai. They will disregard fact and logic and latch on to other things to support what they want to believe. Neither of these two scenarios are based on fact but rather an emotional desire for it to be true based on feelings towards the Thais and/or police.

If people want to know the truth they would not be running with emotion but rather looking at what is realistic and plausible and the simple fact the DNA matches and this will easily be able to be confirmed by the accused legal team.

After a long investigation from a trust source these members are

on the payroll of the authorities:

JohnThailandJohn,soumanioco,Hisseheo,SICHONSTEVE,balo,Tanlic

wai2.gif

No surprise there but, can you substantiate the allegations??

To be fair to these posters, what you have said is just hearsay and as this is an anonymous forum I am surprised

you are able to say that with conviction.

Their posts are indeed, xenophobic and blatantly racist but, that is their right as far as Im concerned, I can ignore them.

Why and how did you investigate?

I assume the IP addresses have been checked - I guess JohnThailandJohn will be able to elaborate?

really embarrassing the level that people will take their paranoia and conspiracy theories. Think there is going to be a lot of new accounts opening up on TV once the emotions have calm down and some come back to reality.

Did the RTP officially confirm that the DNA of the Burmese guys matched the DNA found inside Hannah, i.e. from semen.

I can't find anything online, just that it matches DNA found at the crime scene (I've also read it matched DNA found on a cigarette and that it matched a blonde hair found either in Hannah's hand or on a phone, but not sure if that's speculation or official info).

• Like 1

After a long investigation from a trust source these members are

on the payroll of the authorities:

JohnThailandJohn,soumanioco,Hisseheo,SICHONSTEVE,balo,Tanlic

wai2.gif

If this allegation can be substantiated, and I had my suspicions as raised in my previous posts, I would suggest that the 'authorities' are concerned that their cover-up is going to be exposed. Yet another thread is unravelling, good.