Koh Tao's other little secret: police extortion

Lite Beer

I think he's doing a far better job than his predecessor! He does seem to be sincere in his hopes for the country, and has made a good start in "cleaning up" certain areas. However, as a military man, he is not used to dealing with the public/media, and will understandably make comments/do things that can be misunderstood/taken out of context .( publicly congratulates the police, and criticising the wearing of bikinis!) I admire the fact that he is willing to apologise for these when he realises that maybe things could have been handled/said differently - he is on a learning curve, and as such should be given a little time to do just that.

Good comments. You could add that he may have been fed the same lies and deceit everyone else was...

Thank you! And God/Buddha help anyone who is found out to have fed him the lies and deceit! He is after all a military man, and I think 2 or 3 days in the guardhouse peeling spuds/cooking rice would be the least of their problems! hit-the-fan.gif

You really think hes unaware of whats going on ? facepalm.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that Thai Visa doesnt have an article that the third suspect came back to the room asd found the pair sleeping, with nothing to indicate a crime occured, and no one mentiones any blood anywhere in the residence,

has Thai Visa been pressured not to run more condemning stories?

I think he's doing a far better job than his predecessor! He does seem to be sincere in his hopes for the country, and has made a good start in "cleaning up" certain areas. However, as a military man, he is not used to dealing with the public/media, and will understandably make comments/do things that can be misunderstood/taken out of context .( publicly congratulates the police, and criticising the wearing of bikinis!) I admire the fact that he is willing to apologise for these when he realises that maybe things could have been handled/said differently - he is on a learning curve, and as such should be given a little time to do just that.

Good comments. You could add that he may have been fed the same lies and deceit everyone else was...

Thank you! And God/Buddha help anyone who is found out to have fed him the lies and deceit! He is after all a military man, and I think 2 or 3 days in the guardhouse peeling spuds/cooking rice would be the least of their problems! hit-the-fan.gif

You really think hes unaware of whats going on ? facepalm.gif

Oh I think he knows what's going on - just doesn't quite know (yet!) how to deal with it! I think the days of the "perpetrators" being moved to "inactive posts" are numbered.