New company registration

Hi TV gurus

I have a hypothetical question/ scenario I would like views on.

Basically I need to set up a company; later getting myself a work permit through it.

Thing is; I don't like the idea of nosey inspectors turning up at my house/ office unannounced any time they fancy. My lawyer said that in bangkok there are so many companies on the books that they are very rarely inspected; but a company registered in Chiang Mai is often spot checked because less to get around.

So; can I set up the company in bangkok with say a virtual office as the registered address for starters. Then a few months later move the registered address to Chiang Mai ; or maybe leave the head office/ address as bangkok and then have chiang Mai as a second place of biz? The work permit would need to be for me working at address in chiang Mai though, and the other Thai staff would be at the same place in Chiang Mai also.

Maybe a bit around the houses and add expense but I value not having bods turn up as they feel like since my office will also on the same site as be my home.

No problem with meeting the staff or other requirements for work permit. I just value my privacy.

Would company registered in bkk mean it must go to bkk to apply work permit and renewals?

Or make me hassles with immigration?

I would have thought there are larger companies like hotels based in bkk but posting staff to offices in other regional locations that must be doing something similar to what I have in mind. Or am I just making trouble for myself?