90 Day Non Imm O - Suvannakhet

Thanks Joe.

The reason I asked is because a friend in the UK who regularly visits Thailand and has been married to a Thai woman for the last 12 years, (Village marriage only) is finally retiring and coming over for good. His flight is booked for next Friday (10th)

He went to Hull on Wednesday 1st, for a 90 day Non Imm O, but was told he would have to go to London.

I got my 90 day Non Imm O earlier this year without any problems issued by Liverpool.

Hull said they can't issue 90 day Non Imm O anymore, the applications must go to London, but it could take 10 days and they can't guarantee it's return before his flight date, hence they said he must go in person. With other commitments he just can't make it, so I advised him to get a 60 day Tourist Visa from Hull, then go to Suvannakhet for a 90 day Non Imm O.

He has another mate who lives in Thailand by regular 90 day Non Imm O Visas from Suvannakhet, but has told him they will only issue that if he is legally married to a Thai.....................hence the confusion!

It's always better to check for the latest information through TV.

Edited by Faz

He can only get a single entry non-o based upon being 50 years or over in Savannakhet. He will need to show financial proof of his ability to get an extension of stay.

He will not get a non-o visa based upon marriage anywhere without a marriage certificate.

Hull will not do a non-o of any kind it seems. He should be able to get one from one of the other consulates in the UK but certainly not from the embassy.

He can only get a single entry non-o based upon being 50 years or over in Savannakhet. He will need to show financial proof of his ability to get an extension of stay.

He will not get a non-o visa based upon marriage anywhere without a marriage certificate.

Hull will not do a non-o of any kind it seems. He should be able to get one from one of the other consulates in the UK but certainly not from the embassy.

My non-imm o Retirement expires Oct 24, but due recent medical expenses I can't show the Bt 800k for renewal. My next term deposit in OZ does not become available till next Jan, so I'll have to leave temporarily.

What are my chances of getting a new non-imm o in Suvannakhet, with only my condo registration, a letter of guarantee from a Thai bank manager?

Any advice much appreciated.

Regards

JS

My non-imm o Retirement expires Oct 24, but due recent medical expenses I can't show the Bt 800k for renewal. My next term deposit in OZ does not become available till next Jan, so I'll have to leave temporarily.

What are my chances of getting a new non-imm o in Suvannakhet, with only my condo registration, a letter of guarantee from a Thai bank manager?

Regards

JS

Not sure that would be enough.

Can you show anything from Oz? Do you have any income you could use to do statutory declaration of income at the embassy? Or funds deposited in Oz?

You may have to get a tourist visa. Then you could do a change of visa status to get non immigrant visa entry at immigration after you have the funds in the bank again. Then do the extension about 60 days after that.

Rememebr there are 3 ways to qualify for an extension:

1. Income of 65,000 baht a month (requires letter from your embassy confirming your income)

2. Showing 800,000 baht in abank account in Thailand for 2 or 3 months

3. Showing a combinaiton of money in the bank and yearly income, together totaling 800,000 baht.

You might qualify under this last rule.

Regards

JS

Not sure that would be enough.

Can you show anything from Oz? Do you have any income you could use to do statutory declaration of income at the embassy? Or funds deposited in Oz?

You may have to get a tourist visa. Then you could do a change of visa status to get non immigrant visa entry at immigration after you have the funds in the bank again. Then do the extension about 60 days after that.

Many thanks for the fast reply. I'll see what they can give me from Oz. If the non-imm O doesn't pan out, I'll try the Tourist visa. BTW is it possible to get a Lao visa at the border or should I get one in BKK?

Cheers

JS

Many thanks for the fast reply. I'll see what they can give me from Oz. If the non-imm O doesn't pan out, I'll try the Tourist visa. BTW is it possible to get a Lao visa at the border or should I get one in BKK?

Cheers

JS

You will get a Lao visa on arrival at the bridge. It will cost $30 or 1500 baht and you will need a photo for the application.

Cheers

JS

You will get a Lao visa on arrival at the bridge. It will cost $30 or 1500 baht and you will need a photo for the application.

Thanks again for your help. Great info! I'll certainly come back to the forum if there's anything I can add to help future travelers.

JS

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He only wants a single entry to give him enough time to transfer the required funds for a retirement extension.

Quote ubonjoe: Hull will not do a non-o of any kind it seems. He should be able to get one from one of the other consulates in the UK but certainly not from the embassy.

Typo error Joe? Did you mean certainly not from the Consulate in Hull. The Embassy in London issue all types of Visas.

Not being critical, I know a lot of members truly respect your knowledge and experience with Visas, but hey ho we're all human and make a typo error now and again.

Marrying her will make things so much more simple, unless he has the funds to go down the retirement route.

They've been together for 12 years and are married in their eyes, but not legally in the eyes of any Government.

He has the funds for the retirement route and that's the route he wants to follow.

His illegal Thai wife spends 6 months a year in the UK and never had a problem getting a Visitor Visa for the UK in 12 years, but ironically he is struggling to get a single entry Non Imm O from the UK to Thailand.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He only wants a single entry to give him enough time to transfer the required funds for a retirement extension.

Quote ubonjoe: Hull will not do a non-o of any kind it seems. He should be able to get one from one of the other consulates in the UK but certainly not from the embassy.

Typo error Joe? Did you mean certainly not from the Consulate in Hull. The Embassy in London issue all types of Visas.

Not being critical, I know a lot of members truly respect your knowledge and experience with Visas, but hey ho we're all human and make a typo error now and again.

In the context of the discussion about the non-o visa being based upon being 50 or over what I wrote is exactly correct. The embassy will not issue a non-o visa for a citizen or resident of the UK for that reason. They will only do a OA visa.

ubonjoe, on 06 Oct 2014 - 10:51, said:
Faz, on 06 Oct 2014 - 10:41, said:

ubonjoe, on 06 Oct 2014 - 07:07, said:

In the context of the discussion about the non-o visa being based upon being 50 or over what I wrote is exactly correct. The embassy will not issue a non-o visa for a citizen or resident of the UK for that reason. They will only do a OA visa.

Sorry Joe, maybe our interpretations are getting confused.

The initial question of whether my friend can get a single entry Non Imm O from Suvannakhet has been perfectly explained by yourself.

My confusion is about the Consulates and Embassy in the UK.

Hull Consulate do not issue Non Imm O of any description. You can apply there but the application goes to The Embassy in London and is then returned to Hull for pickup. This should only usually take 3 or 4 days.

My friend is over 50 and therefore meets the requirement for a single entry NON Imm O Visa.

Why do you state the Embassy in London will not issue a single entry Non Imm O Visa. For what reason?

As a I clearly wrote the the embassy in London will not issue a non-o visa for being 50 or over because they will only do the OA visa.

Some of the consulates in the UK will issue a single entry non-o for being 50 or over. Single entry visas do not need approval by the embassy. Only multiple entry non-o visas need approval by the embassy.

Now I understand your statement Joe.

That leaves an odd scenario of what's happening in England then.

Liverpool Consulate will issue a single entry Non Imm O on the spot.

Can't comment about Birmingham Consulate.

Hull Consulate have to send single entry Non Imm O applications to London for whatever reason, for their approval.

Another expat who just arrived in Roi Et this week on a Single Entry 90 day Non Imm O (based on being over 50) also applied at Hull 2 weeks ago and confirmed he had to go back 3 days later to collect his Visa from Hull, after it was sent to the London Embassy for approval.

Hull can't or won't issue them.

Is something going on at Hull that we're not aware of?

Edited by Faz

do you guys know if same-day non-immigrant visas are still available at the consulate in Savannakhet? ed visa, o visa, etc

thanks in advance!

They are doing visas on the same day applied for. Apply by 11 am pickup at 3:30 pm.