Grace Gelder single for six years marries herself in Devon, England

webfact

Grace Gelder single for six years marries herself in Devon, England

SYDNEY: -- A WOMAN, who had been single for six years, said she formed such a brilliant relationship with herself that she decided to marry herself.

Grace Gelder, a photographer in London, said that she proposed to herself on a park bench on Parliament Hill.

“A few did comment, in a lighthearted way, that it was a bit narcissistic,” Gelder told The Guardian.

“Obviously, if you’ve just announced you’re marrying yourself, it is plainly a statement of self-love, and I was under no illusion how self-indulgent that might appear. But I was completely comfortable with my motivations.”

Gelder, who was married by her friend and celebrant Tiu de Haan, said she was inspired by a the song isobel by Björk and had been “on a journey of personal development using meditation, dance and performance” to increase her “self-awareness,” especially a Shakti Tantra program “focused on sexuality and how this was bound up with making agreements with yourself and other people.”

She bought a dress, a ring, rehearsed vows and married in a farmhouse in Devon in front of 50 friends and her sister. She sealed the marriage by planting a kiss on a mirror.

“It felt like a really big deal saying my vows, which were mostly about me promising to take more risks in matters of the heart. I remember really paying attention to the words as they left my mouth and it felt like they were hanging in the air.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/grace-gelder-single-for-six-years-marries-herself-in-devon-england/story-fnet09y4-1227081389637

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2014-10-06

That's a brilliant idea.

Why didn't I think of it before?

Imagine the money I would have saved, instead of giving it to the wife.

Imagine the space I could have on the bed.

Imagine the free farting I could have without her giving me the evil eye.

Imagine listening only to my moaning and not hers.

But It's always time.................................

• Like 1

makes a change from same sex marriages or getting married to a dog. In Germany it is being discussed whether or not to make incest legal so maybe you can go to Berlin soon and marry your sister or Washington in 10 years and marry your Great Dane. Whatever, the world is just crazy.

This is what happens when you have too much time on your hand:

inspired by a the song isobel by Björk and had been “on a journey of personal development using meditation, dance and performance” to increase her “self-awareness,” especially a Shakti Tantra program

somehow, people working construction or farming or fishing have a hard time relating to something like this...

well, all the best to Grace Gelder, who in a way gelded herself

• Like 1

That's a brilliant idea.

Yes, but imagine the repetitive strain injury to your wrist.thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

That's a brilliant idea.

Yes, but imagine the repetitive strain injury to your wrist.thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

Why my wrist?

I could go with any girl I liked and a different one every night.

And not be accused, by me, of not being faithful to myself.