Pepper spray "gun" in checked luggage

Alainpm

Can a pepper spray gun, although unallowed, easily be passed through customs undetected ? (it's plastic made, and doesn't look like a hand gun).

Hi all, the subject is : I'm travelling next week to LOS angels. Ironically, the airline (Air France) allows ... guns (unloaded and in hard container) in checked luggage, but doesn't allow nail cutter, or.. PEPPER SPRAY.

The thing is : For this trip to Thailand i really want to order one particular pepper spray, which is a pepper spray gun (i'm not advertising so i don't name the brand). It looks very efficient (powerful, long range), and can protect against even in case of wind, etc. It can be life saving.

I don't want to buy any soi pepper spray, i don't trust them to protect me against soi dogs, soi mafia, soi ladyboys, soi police, soi face loser, soi marinero, etc..

Thanks to all for your answer, and also for reading me. I like to be read.

"soi mafia, soi ladyboys, soi police, soi face loser, soi marinero, etc.. "

OP, don't want to speculate if you can pass the pepper gun undetected.....but are you thinking of using it against the police?

God, Almighty help you........have a nice holiday in LOS.

• Like 1

Are you considering bringing a loaded pepper spray gun -- would be great if it should leak given the drop in air pressure and get into the airplane's ventilation system.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

I am not sure what is going on?

We seem to have an endless stream of threads / ask the lawyer

Can I carry / buy / export:-

Guns

Machetes

Pepper sprays

Tasers

Knives, Flick knives

Ninja stars

Knuckle dusters

Rocket propelled grenades

Surface to air missiles

Etc etc

If I am totally pissed in some ghastly part of town, can I use any of these things to defend myself against the marauding locals.

Firstly, I've never seen a pepper spray gun that doesn't look like a gun, perhaps they make them, I don't know.

But what I do know is that most pepper spray guns use a pressurized container, putting one of those in checked in luggage is not smart and against most aviation rules, for obvious reasons.

Thanks a lot for all your advices TV forumers ! Always.

I'll keep that one for use in France as streets are getting less safe, even in towns like here, near the Swiss border. I know It will be useless against the Kalachnikovs they start using in the suburbs now (thanks to our non existing borders), but precious against the random drunkards or the hot blooded sh.. heads I cross daily.

I was talking about this :

Reason they are no longer allowed is the valves may not hold the vessel pressure at normal cabin pressure altitudes. If the thing leaks, that nice oleoresin pepper spray taste may come into the aircraft cabin depending on the aircraft type. I don't want to be on any flights the OP is on!

• Like 1