Polar Bears In Ubon

BlueScouse

Last February there was mentioned in a post a restaurant opening in Ubon called the Polar Bear,operated by a Brit and his wife.

A few days ago followed the posted instructions how to find it.From Laithong Hotel,head towards Chayangkun Road.After 4 sets of traffic lights turn right and then about 60 yards down the road on the right.

Well,saw no sign of it.

Does anybody know if it is still open,and have the proper address for it?

BlueScouse

Polar Bear have moved to new location.

The address is 17/1 Sukha Uppatham rd.

From the traffic cirkle with clocktower outside Sk Shopping Center. Drive towards Yasothon.

After approx 500m, turn left when you have the Si Mahapho Hospital on the right han side.

Another 100? meters and you will find The Polar Bear on the leftt hand side, just opposit the gas station.

Cheers :o

Hi Bergen

Im at Stavanger today,,,,,

BTW regarding PBear bar, bear is out until October,,,,but will be back by then.

Bergen how is party scedules? havent saw any post any more for any gathering's???

-Marco-

BlueScouse

Polar Bear have moved to new location.

The address is 17/1 Sukha Uppatham rd.

From the traffic cirkle with clocktower outside Sk Shopping Center. Drive towards Yasothon.

After approx 500m, turn left when you have the Si Mahapho Hospital on the right han side.

Another 100? meters and you will find The Polar Bear on the leftt hand side, just opposit the gas station.

Cheers :o

Hi Marco

I know the bear is offshore, but the place is worth a visit!

So when are you in Ubon?? I have been waiting to hear from you.

I visited your shop and asked about you last week, but the girls said you were not there.

I was in Surin yesterday, met some of the guys who attended the April gathering.

They also asked me: - when is the next pissup at Suan Loong Daeng.

I am going to Ubon on monday to support Wrongway.

A local cable tv is doing some recording in his cafe in the afternoon.

Sezzo, Loui, Trevor and others will also be there.

It will be a good opportunity to start planning the nest gathering!

(and do som promotion :o )

Let's catch up when you come to Ubon.

Trond

Bergen

I should be back in Ubon by Sept 15th or so,,,

Well, i been so surpriced that no one has organice anything while im gone,, that was original plan...

but will getting something up when im back home and have settled down after this 6mths ordeal...

Now heading to Iceland and will beback in Europe by mid Aug.

How's your place? keeping busy there?

will have to drive there and have a look next time.

-Marco-

Hi Marco

I visited your shop and asked about you last week, but the girls said you were not there.

I was in Surin yesterday, met some of the guys who attended the April gathering.

Trond

Hi Marco

Trond

Hi guys,

I was in Wrong Way on Sunday (they are not usually open on sundays, but were preapring for the tv thing). Couldn't make it for the bash though.

See you next time... :D

Marco

Business is getting better day by day, but still not too busy.

We have several regular customers, who enjoy the place and the food, more and more farangs are settling down in this area - I know at least 5 new within a 20 km radius, and they are also regulars.

We are extending the restaurant with 150 m2. When finished we will have a new and better kitchen, a bigger bar with pool table and big screen TV (UBC), a VIP/conference room, and a karaoke room.

A swimming pool 7x4 meters, is under construction and will be ready before Christmas.

In a week the new kitchen is ready to use, and we hope to have pool table and Tv in place before the end of september! ( before your visit :o )

www.suanloongdaengfarmstay.com will be available in a couple of weeks

Mike - didn't see you at the last gathering - you not los at the time?

Btw - there is a small do in Khemarat in the end of September - contact sezzo for details!

see you next time!!

suegha

Remember this is amazing Thailand! :D

You can find both Polar Bears and Vikings in Ubon Province :D

Even though we some times find it a little hot :o

Marco

We have several regular customers, who enjoy the place and the food, more and more farangs are settling down in this area - I know at least 5 new within a 20 km radius, and they are also regulars.

We are extending the restaurant with 150 m2. When finished we will have a new and better kitchen, a bigger bar with pool table and big screen TV (UBC), a VIP/conference room, and a karaoke room.

A swimming pool 7x4 meters, is under construction and will be ready before Christmas.

In a week the new kitchen is ready to use, and we hope to have pool table and Tv in place before the end of september! ( before your visit :o )

Btw - there is a small do in Khemarat in the end of September - contact sezzo for details!

see you next time!!

Hi Bergen,

No, I was out of LOS so missed it - what a pity, was looking forward to visiting your place. Never mind, will make it down there one day soon I hope...

Cheers,

Mike

G'DAy Mike

How's SG, any plans when you are back in Ubn? im back by Mid Sept.

we are planing to hit the road also toward's to Bergen mountain hut's.....

-M-

Marco

see you next time!!

Hi Bergen,

No, I was out of LOS so missed it - what a pity, was looking forward to visiting your place. Never mind, will make it down there one day soon I hope...

Cheers,

Mike

G'DAy Mike

-M-

Hi Marco,

Have you been spending time with our antipodean cousins ??? ("G'Day" :D:D )

I will be back in Thailand in about a week (16th), for around 3 or 4 weeks. I have my daughters from my first marriage coming to stay so will also do a little touring with them. I just hope the rain eases up a bit, last few weeks it has been raining like mad there, which is not much fun and bad for the rice :o

We should meet for a beer in Wrong Way and/or Polar Bear (never yet been to Polar Bear, not sure where to find it). Wrong Way now has his pizza oven working too.... :D

Cheers,

Mike

G'DAy Mike

-M-

Hi Marco,

Have you been spending time with our antipodean cousins ??? ("G'Day" :D:D )

I will be back in Thailand in about a week (16th), for around 3 or 4 weeks. I have my daughters from my first marriage coming to stay so will also do a little touring with them. I just hope the rain eases up a bit, last few weeks it has been raining like mad there, which is not much fun and bad for the rice :o

We should meet for a beer in Wrong Way and/or Polar Bear (never yet been to Polar Bear, not sure where to find it). Wrong Way now has his pizza oven working too.... :D

Cheers,

Mike

Mike,

I was having a beer with Richard from the Wrong Way the other day and he is going to try and introduce a monthly social golf comp for the expats in the area. So if you are around come on and join in. And if you know anyone else who might be interested let Richard know as well.

By the way the pizza oven works well and the pizzas are very good. (not a paid advertisment either)

Sezzo

Mike,

I was having a beer with Richard from the Wrong Way the other day and he is going to try and introduce a monthly social golf comp for the expats in the area. So if you are around come on and join in. And if you know anyone else who might be interested let Richard know as well.

By the way the pizza oven works well and the pizzas are very good. (not a paid advertisment either)

Sezzo

Hi Sezzo,

Well, I am not a golfer but if you guys are patient I guess I could give it a try... or at least meet up with you for pizza and beer afterwards :o

Mike

• 2 weeks later...