Why isn't Hyundai a better seller in Tailand?

giddyup

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeez, those Ghetto Wheels are Fugley, Beach Road Specials. Scubi Do looks Cool, its personal taste after all.I detest Black Cars in the Tropics, and most of the Wannabe Folks who drive em.

What are you talking about, the picture of the Chrysler is taken in the US, not Thailand.

The Chrysler Looks Crap no matter where it taken to Me, as i say, personal choice, no wish to impose anything.Oh, isnt Florida a bit Tropical.

Jeez, those Ghetto Wheels are Fugley, Beach Road Specials. Scubi Do looks Cool, its personal taste after all.I detest Black Cars in the Tropics, and most of the Wannabe Folks who drive em.

What are you talking about, the picture of the Chrysler is taken in the US, not Thailand.

The Chrysler Looks Crap no matter where it taken to Me, as i say, personal choice, no wish to impose anything.Oh, isnt Florida a bit Tropical.

Oh, and you recognise that street and those trees as being in Florida do you? It could just as easily have been taken in Nebraska. Before you go off on your usual bizarre tangent, I was pointing out that the heavy front end look has been popular in Australia for years. I remember as a kid drooling over the Studebaker Golden Hawk.

post-130068-0-30210300-1412739425_thumb.

Edited by giddyup

Oh, and you recognise that street and those trees as being in Florida do you? It could just as easily have been taken in Nebraska. Before you go off on your usual bizarre tangent, I was pointing out that the heavy front end look has been popular in Australia for years. I remember as a kid drooling over the Studebaker Golden Hawk.

At last a balanced Car for its Year. Nice

Has the new Nissan got pretty brutal front end ?? or is it about to eat you if you do not get out of the way ?

attachicon.gif2014_nissan_skyline.jpg

It's only going to sell in America though, because they are the only ones that like that heavy, truck-like front end.wink.png

It is in the UK @ £140,852

and in Australia @ $197,880

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/bncis/details.aspx?R=24625751&__Qpb=1&Cr=1&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__N=1246+1216+4294963846+4294961487&showNP=false&__Nne=15&__sid=148F041D496D&intref=sr-bncis-variant-stock

Edited by ignis

Perhaps the Only American comment comes from the stub nosed look of their trucks,the big FORD logo for example is not generally liked here by Thais.What id love here is the old El Camino.

American cars are great - big HP with a soft ride. Who needs to turn corners fast in TH? Give me straight line speed with good comfort... All the EU big HP cars are unliveable in TH roads.

Is this a outbreak of Aopola?biggrin.png

Well, I'm not exactly sure what that means, but if you say so :D

But, for example, I'd much prefer to drive a V8 Mustang convertible on Thai roads, than say a BMW M3 cabrio. Yeah the M3 owns it around any corner, but the BMW driver would be off to the dentist a whole lot more often than the Mustang driver, in TH ;)

Comfort with power on demand is what works for me best. YMMV :)

LOL, I can just imagine the project planning discussions required to brainstorm putting 2 LS7's together. I assume it involved a lot of beer (and not too many other ideas).

Edited by IMHO

What, he takes the vehicle from Thailand to Australia to be serviced ?

Does he fly it there or puts it in a sea container ?

That's just plain ridiculous and typical of an AOP comment. Besides the huge cost of shipping the car to Australia and back (why not take it to Malaysia, plenty of Hyundais there) just for a service, there would be plenty of local mechanics who could perform the task in Thailand. What the hell do you think they do on an average service, overhaul the engine? They do an oil change and not much more.

Loads in Savanakhet so would be a lot cheaper to drive to Laos

Amazing selection there..a couple weeks back sitting in a coffee shop what drives by? A brand new 4 dodge ram lol

The main reason that would prevent me from buying most Hyundais is the styling - that example you show is proof that the cars are just plain ugly!

That said, that people mover van thingy is kinda nice . . .

Thais do buy imported cars of course, take a look at how many expensive Euro cars ride the streets of BKK, damn things are everywhere.

Maybe Hyundai should lift their prices in Thailand.

Have you even looked at the Hyundai lineup before you make such a silly statement? Have a look at some of their model here and still stick by the remark that they make ugly cars. https://www.hyundaiusa.com/genesis/comparison.aspx and here https://www.hyundaiusa.com/sonata/comparison.aspx

I've seen a couple of Sonata's on the road in Chiang Mai and it certainly had a wow factor for me and had me starring and once followed one to be sure I was seeing Hyundai badge on it. I would probably got one if they had US prices on it here ($25k). But with it in the same price range as Accord, Camry, etc. I would have to evaluate my thoughts on it a bit. Saw that the Thailand Hyundai site shows neither the Sonata or Genesis series available so assume the ones I saw were either grey import or special order.

I have seen them on display in Central at Chonburi. Quite impressive and appear good value for money, about 1.2M if I remember right.

Service is worse than Ford.[/quote

I will WEAR...

Hyundai looks like s$#@ to me.

I would think a long time before accepting it for free...

By the way, my experience with FORD was a good one,

that's why I had three of them. No complaints at all.

My worst car, guess what, a Hyundai.

I will WEAR...

What year was the Hyundai, 1985?

This Ford thing is getting a pain in the But. I Recon we have all got good memories of Ford ,. Chevy etc.. If You have found good Ford service here in Thailand your lucky.The Range here is Crap even now, wheres the Mustang for a start, the fast Fiestas .Refer to Thai availability / customer nationwide service, overall view to remain credible please.Hyundai, a much improved product, so is Jaguar, and like them no Service Centers, so F/A use if you work all over Thailand.

• Like 1

I will WEAR...

What year was the Hyundai, 1985?

Perhaps he needs an update. 2014 Sonata below.

179834.jpg

• Like 1

attachicon.gif1957-DeSoto-Fireflite-Sportsman_268626_low_res.jpg.My first sight of an American Car as a Kid.Still like it,"57 De Soto

I remember them well, those things were HUGE.

My Brother and me looked forward to our monthly trip to Lisbon, We went to the American Embassy as a treat to look at their Cars.They were like Science Fiction to us then. Morris Oxford blobs and Lanchesters were all we were used too then,and a few Benzes but we hated the Germans caus of WW2.

attachicon.gif1957-DeSoto-Fireflite-Sportsman_268626_low_res.jpg.My first sight of an American Car as a Kid.Still like it,"57 De Soto

My Brother and me looked forward to our monthly trip to Lisbon, We went to the American Embassy as a treat to look at their Cars.They were like Science Fiction to us then. Morris Oxford blobs and Lanchesters were all we were used too then,and a few Benzes but we hated the Germans caus of WW2.

The Americans have produced some very interesting cars, like the Studebaker Avanti. I saw one in London in the early 60's and my eyes nearly fell out of my head, totally radical for it's day.

Nothing lasts Forever, in the Cold November Rain. Guns n Roses..... Who thinks today's everyday Cars will be remembered in Years to come..The Olds Rocket 88 . Nash Rambler , Pontiac Le Mans.. endless listings possible.Will I remember My Honda Civic, or overpriced C Benz Blue.? No kin way. Golden Neck Oil Time Chaps.drunk.gif

• Like 1

Nothing lasts Forever, in the Cold November Rain. Guns n Roses..... Who thinks today's everyday Cars will be remembered in Years to come..The Olds Rocket 88 . Nash Rambler , Pontiac Le Mans.. endless listings possible.Will I remember My Honda Civic, or overpriced C Benz Blue.? No kin way. Golden Neck Oil Time Chaps.drunk.gif

How many current bands or songs will be remembered 40 or 50 years from now?

I had a '57 Plymouth wagon, almost identical to the De Soto, one of the best cars I ever had, from memory the wagon was 18 feet long.

Your Olds Rocket 88/Nash Rambler/Pontiac Le Mans will be considered the same as early iron (30's/40's hot rods) is today.....

In 100 years time when you "car" only gets 45 minutes flight time between charges my Ranger will be considered and admired like 34 Ford Coupe Utility is today.

I think Spooney your Ford will be remembered as a Water Pump, a lasting Legacy to Crap Ford care in Thailand.. Thats assuming you didn't Porkie Pie cause u thrashed the balls of it as Kids Do.

ok remove "My" from what I said.

Not sure how you can come at me supposedly telling lies and that I was thrashing my Ranger when it is known that I following a Toyota sedan through a lightly flooded soi when the incident happened but Iam sure you will reply that the Toyota was doing like 500mph (cause they are the best and indestructible) and I was hot on his ass or something along those lines depending on which ever fantasy land you are in at the moment of making a post.

Seriously AOP, you need to give away the Beers/Bongs/Betel Nuts or what ever it is you consume.... you would be a better person for it and quite possibly given your age and experience become a valuable poster here in the motoring forum cause as it is at the moment you are considered by most to be the forum clown posting random dribble.

Edited by Spoonman

How many current bands or songs will be remembered 40 or 50 years from now?

I believe the Eagles and Clapton are still currently playing.. so at least a couple :)