Small Tablet for wifi internet and book reading

weka

My Samsung Galaxy 7.7 screen died last night. Was reading a book on kindle app and the screen went sepia, then black. Turning it on and I can hear the start up tune but no screen whatsoever - just black like it's off.

Repairable?

I need a replacement. I like the size, but I only ever use it for kindle books and wifi internet, reading the news over a coffee or just normal internet use. Not for banking or movies etc. I use a laptop for most computer type functions and an S3 for the phone/3g stuff

Can anyone suggest a suitable, cheap replacement?

Is the SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB3 7" LITE 8GB WHITE (3G 900/2100MHZ) at 4500 baht a decent product for my limited usage?

Any other tablets under 10k baht worth looking at?

Just want to read books and surf the net on wifi

thanks

same as you, I had to say goodbye to my beloved Baby Samsung 7.7 with its lovely metal body earlier this year, but unlike yours, it did not just pass away, it ended up lonely in a Taxi in Chongqing, abandaned by its careless owner :-/

as a replacement, I bought an ASUS FONEPAD FE170 7" at 4.190 THB (available at many places, even BIG C had them, but available at lazada.co.th as well, for even less than 4K)

I find it great value for money, even though I would have prefered a 7.7" screen again.

it comes not only with WiFi, but as well a Dual-SIM card slot, so u can use 3G too and even make phone calls (even that does look a little silly indeed with a 7" Tab).

I am very happy with the performance so far. Have a look at it before you buy a WIFI ONLY device for the same money or even more.

Just bought one month, very happy and can recommend:
Dell Venue 8
modell: W561106TH 32GB Black (3G) 2GB RAM, 8 inch, 4100mAh Battery Intel Atom processor Z2580 (up to 2.0GHz Dual-Core), HD (WXGA 1280 x 800)

not so easy to find, but in this price range - top - TH 5.990,- @IT City

re

I bought an ASUS FONEPAD FE170 7"

i bought one of those for a 21 y old uni girl not long ago and she loves it coz shes never had a tablet

shes still coming to tidy my errr ummm errr room every now and again so the 4 odd thousand baht i spent was worth it :)

dave2

post-42592-0-22403300-1412785263_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

WEKA, just out of interest: did you buy your TAB now and which one ?

I just grabbed the recent BIG-C flyer, valid oct 7th-20th, and that ASUS is being on offer again for 4190.

plus several others, like the brand-new ACER A1-713 for 4.990 (found it at lazada for 4.190 though)

and another ACER B1-720 at 2.690 (did not find it cheaper or even same price at lazada), which seems to be a Wifi-only device though