I'm Desperate For Help!

Mobi

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a thought (and that doesn't happen very often)

Toys

I raised 4 kids and was mariied to a pack rat

When I cleared out the house a few years back I found about 50kg of Lego and

the other one (the smaller one , easier for the kids to swallow)

Now I know Thailand is not Europe , but are there people there with unneeded

toys in the attic , basement whatever.

:o

Hi Mobi,

I will come by with my girlfriend today, latest tomorrow and bring you some nappies and milk.

I always believed there are also some good guys in Pattaya :o

Good work!!

CU

Hi Mobi,

I will come by with my girlfriend today, latest tomorrow and bring you some nappies and milk.

I always believed there are also some good guys in Pattaya :o

Good work!!

CU

Hi ryu,

I will be in Bkk for a couple of days. Just go to the reception and there will be people there who will take the goods.

Please sign the visitors book so that we can keep track of you wonderful donors, and drop you a line.

thanks for caring and donating. :D

Hi Mobi, and all others out there, great initiative, and my g/f and I will be thrilled to help out on our return to Pattaya late August. We have been talking about putting something back into our local community, but it has remained as good intentions only. Here Mobi has given us a wonderful chance to help and to see that each baht will go straight to the kids.

And, it is great for once to see a thread without a single troll or silly remark! Well done!

Edited by Woodentop

Hi forum members,

I've been there and can tell you your donate is in good hands!

All the people in the Merci Center are doing a great job and try to do all the best for the kids. They really bring a little bit hope in their poor life.

@Mobi,

good idea to post in this forum. Else I would never know about the Merci Center

CU

I think Mobi is still in Bangkok. From the list I got from him, three sizes are in Most Needed category.

Most urgently needed items

• Nappies size S (preferably Mammy Poko)

• Nappies, sizes M and L (any brand)

I think Mobi is still in Bangkok. From the list I got from him, three sizes are in Most Needed category.

Thanks LC. :o

Thanks LC. :o

I've just got back to Pattaya with invalid wife.

the 3 sizes quoted by Lovely Cutie are correct and any of those will be most welcome.

However, if you haven't already bought, I will be going down to the centre tomorrow and check the current stock of each size, as many of our good members have been dropping stuff off there. So I will update on the situation tomorrow.

thanks guys

Mobi

Joshua’s family had been known to Mercy for several years before he was born. They lived under a tarpaulin tied to some trees, with no water or power, next to a recycle centre, earning their living collecting & sorting through trash.

The Mercy centre people had visited this area weekly for several years with food, clothes, milk for babies and emergency first aid. This was one of the first areas that Mercy had visited.

A few days after Joshua was born, his mother gave the new born baby to her Mother and left. Grandma already had 3 children, from 3 different mothers, to care for, so Joshua was put in a hammock tied to a tree and was fed a diet of mashed bananas with condensed milk. When he cried, a rope was pulled to rock his makeshift bed.

It wasn’t long before he became very sick. After 6 weeks, a Thai social worker took Joshua to a doctor, who advised that the baby would die very soon. The social worker warned Grandma that if the Joshua died, she would be responsible, so Grandma asked the Mercy Mission to take care of him.

At that time, just 2 ½ years ago, the mission had only 3 staff and took care of 7 children, 2 of them under 1 year old. They did not have the resources top take care of Joshua and nurse him back to health, so Dianne and Fred, the Mission Directors, took him into their own home.

When he arrived, his back (from the top of his head to the bottom of his heels) was red, swollen and cracking from lying in his own body waste. Several times a day, he was bathed, and rubbed with oil until slowly he began to heal. The first day he slept 1 hour, the second day 2 hours, third day 4 hours, and so on. When he was hungry he screamed, as if in terror and would go completely rigid. Finally, after 2 weeks, he was eating & sleeping normally.

Now, two years and 4 months later, Joshua is a healthy, happy young kid of 2 ½, still living with Dianne and Fred, but spending his days at the centre.

The centre now has 20 children, and following a recent regularisation in their foundation status, they will be able to care for still more children – in fact an unlimited number, only limited by the resources at their disposal.

Joshua is the second child from the right, front row, with the red shoulder stripes on his t shirt.

For those who have asked, here is a full list of items required:

• Formula milk – Dumex No.2

• After formula milk powder (in boxes) for ages 6 months to 3 years (any brand)

• Nestle infant food (in boxes), preferably mixed fruit.

• Drink boxes (Milk – white and chocolate; Juices, preferably no sugar, yogurt)

Other

• Sugar (white/cane)

• Salt

• Soya sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, cooking oil, vinegar

• Liquid baby shampoo, regular shampoo, liquid shower soap, tooth paste & brushes

• Toilet tissue rolls, facial tissue boxes, baby wet wipes

• Washing machine soap, fabric softener, ironing spray

• Bleach, liquid dish soap, bathroom & toilet cleaner

• Clothes – all sizes but especially children

• Toys – especially educational

• Bedding – single bed sheets, towels etc.

ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING IS GRATEFULLY RECEIVED. ANY EXCESS IS PASSED ONTO OTHER NEEDY, STATELESS AND DESTITUTE PEOPLE.

Right now, we doing quite well for the size S nappies and the formula milk, because many of you have kindly bought these items for us.

So anyone buying in the next week or so, could I ask you to concentrate on the other "urgently needed items", namely: Nappies, sizes M & L, "after Formula" milk, and so on, per the list above.

Of course this may change, so I will try to keep you informed of current needs.

This morning I was asked if the stuff the Thai Visa members are donating can also be distributed to the kids in the Pattaya slums. The mission visits once a week, and distributes supplies to the most needy and desperate.

On your behalf I have have told them to go ahead and do this. I do hope you are all Ok with this?

Thanks

:o:D

This morning I was asked if the stuff the Thai Visa members are donating can also be distributed to the kids in the Pattaya slums. The mission visits once a week, and distributes supplies to the most needy and desperate.

On your behalf I have have told them to go ahead and do this. I do hope you are all Ok with this?

No problem at all Mobi... and thanks for the updated needs list.

:o

Good morning ladies and gentlemen.

Here are a few pics, so that those of you who have given, can see where your contributions are going.

The first pic is of the kids at the centre, with a few helpers.

The remaining pics were all taken in the Pattaya slums - where some of your supplies will also be going - and from where the mission will continue to rescue kids and bring them to live at the centre.

Morning Mobi 1 Kanobe,the force is strong with you :D

This thread was about to slip of the page so I thought I'd step in and do the decent thing.

I've got a box of formula 2(signed by Schumakker)and a pack of nappies(as worn by Totts on his "wet nights") and the water heater we spoke of.I'll add some bits and bobs as I shop. :o

Captain Kroo

Morning Mobi 1 Kanobe,the force is strong with you :D

This thread was about to slip of the page so I thought I'd step in and do the decent thing.

I've got a box of formula 2(signed by Schumakker)and a pack of nappies(as worn by Totts on his "wet nights") and the water heater we spoke of.I'll add some bits and bobs as I shop. :D

Captain Kroo

Morning Kurgen,

If the kids spoke better English we'd hire you as the resident comedian. :D

Thanks very much for the stuff, I'm off the the big Mango tomorrow to get the wife's medical results, but hopefully back in Pong by Tuesday. I'll give you a call then.

Wouldn't it be great if every time this thread was about to slip onto page 2, that someone refreshed it with news of another donation?

Thanks again

Mobi

:o:D

I Have just received the following PM

QUOTE]Excuse me and forgive if this is genuine but my question is ive given over years a lot (I mean a lot) to so called good causes only to find out later its a scam - so now I normally only give direct to schools I know - temples I know etc - so if I read the thread right (maybe ive missed something) you say you stumbled across this forum ??? why then over 1,000 posts

Waiting for reply before I post this to others

Hope your genuine and not another scam merchant

Sorry for questions but if your genuine you would not want moneys going to wrong place

reply and convince and old sceptic and im yours for ever

The bit I really object to is his threat to "POST THIS TO OTHERS"

Well to save him the time, I'll post it on the forum.

He clearly thinks that all you good folks who have written about your visits to the centre are a figments of my imagination.

If he bothered to read the thread properly he would know that it was never my intention to raise money, but just to get some help with the monthly nappies and milk.

I feel pretty disgusted, and he has certainly ruined my Sunday :o

Rant over. :D

Indeed rather silly if he read the thread completely, with reports from members who actually went to the place...

Can understand a certain reluctance as indeed a lot of scams are going on, seemingly with very genuine websites and the works....

(maybe ive missed something)

Like the last bus back to reality? :D

Like I'm going to open a stall outside Big C and flog all these baby suppies that all of you, with one exception, have delivered by yourselves to the centre.

And I'm going to buy a house with the two hundred odd pounds that you good pople have donated.

I could understand if the circumstances were a bit different, but a careful reading of the thread aught to put most minds at rest.

What gets my goat is the manner of his message. Why didn't he await my response before making threats?

This guy is making me re-think what the heck I am doing putting my head in this noose. :o

My wife says that whatever good you try to do in this world, there is always someone out there who will twist it into something bad. I guess she's right. So sad.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

maybe he wants you to account for every nappy and milk formula you have recieved, I wouldnt worry about him, there are always going to peple who try and drag you down, no matter what you do

(the Arabs have a saying, the dogs bark, but the caravan still goes on)

I know that no one can help everyone, but what little we do does help the few, let him post it to who ever he wants, he sounds like a sad bloke anyway

You keep going Mobi (and thanks for the updates)

And I'm going to buy a house with the two hundred odd pounds that you good pople have donated.

A house full of nappies and formula milk. :D

You keep going Mobi (and thanks for the updates)

I second that. Don't let it get to you, Mobi. :o

Before we go any further, can you Mobi, please give your reaction to the rumour that is going about that says you have a rather expensive habit to feed :o:D:D

If my information is true, then you sir are sniffing 7 grammes of Durox formula 2 a day. :D

Just how are you affording to pay for this habit :D

Before we go any further, can you Mobi, please give your reaction to the rumour that is going about that says you have a rather expensive habit to feed :o:D:D

If my information is true, then you sir are sniffing 7 grammes of Durox formula 2 a day. :D

Just how are you affording to pay for this habit :P

Ok Guv, its a fair cop. :D

I gets the readies by converting me Mamy Pokos into 'andy sized sanitary pads and floogin' 'em to the babes wiv their menz outside Dave's BF.

Nice little earner, i can tell yer :D