So Is Pattaya Getting Quality Tourists Now ? Does Not Look Like It

morrobay

It looks like The Hilton is regularly about 80% occupied from the room lights. But what about Pattaya in general ? All I see is an Asian invasion. Thousands of 90% cigarette smoking Koreans, Chinese. As well as 90% cigarette smoking Russians. Combined with the "other" 80% cigarette smoking visitors. How low quality/lowlife can you go ?

Edited by morrobay

I smoke cigars constantly near non smokers like the OP

The obvious alternative is not to go where you know there will be people smoking.

As a smoker I always 'advertise' the fact I'm smoking by having my smoking paraphernalia on open show , or will be about to smoke, then if some bell end starts moaning then it's their luck out.

• Like 1

Do you believe 80% of the lights being on at the Hilton necessarily means the rooms are all occupied? cool.png

Clearly math is not the OP's strong suit. I believe he is just pulling numbers out of the air. He obviously is for the smoking statistics.

The OP asks how low you can go, whilst denigrating smokers, Asians and Russians.

Well, for the OP's info, Pattaya has gone a lot lower...ageing, poor, uneducated, rude sexpats

Please advise when your opinion of the expats who choose to live in Pattaya was anything other than this - I've only been visiting for 20 years before retiring here in April, but I dont recall it being a whole lot different in terms of the numbers of old blokes propping up a barstool.

Do you believe 80% of the lights being on at the Hilton necessarily means the rooms are all occupied? cool.png

Clearly math is not the OP's strong suit. I believe he is just pulling numbers out of the air. He obviously is for the smoking statistics.

He's also not big on research, whatever reservations some here may have about the official tourism stats, AFAIK they're the only ones we've got.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand#Top_20_arrivals_by_nationality

As a non-smoker, I'd love nothing more than to find a town where no-one smoked - Singapore looks to be my best best atm - but Big Tobacco has a stranglehold on most of Thailand's neighbours and the OP is naive if he thinks that's going to change in a country where cigarettes are so cheap.

http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/spore-cut-smoking-rate-10-population-2020

Good question. I have wondered about this also. Are they turning lights on to give impression of good business ? I dont "count lights " but with a panoramic view , I just notice it looks like about 80% Also with binoculars have not seen much movement in rooms.

By the way do you have more information about Hilton occupency ? Since you are one of the few who is able to reply on topic instead of getting carried away about smoking.

Edited by morrobay

I smoke cigars constantly near non smokers like the OP

The obvious alternative is not to go where you know there will be people smoking.

As a smoker I always 'advertise' the fact I'm smoking by having my smoking paraphernalia on open show , or will be about to smoke, then if some bell end starts moaning then it's their luck out.

Methinks the smoking is clouding your brain and you should stop ASAP................."luck out" should read look out

p.s. sent from a smoke-free home thumbsup.gif

Yes yes they smoke eat walk around but sadly they don't buy from my shops,maybe i should open up a off licence instead

although it maybe a case of the nakula boom in tourism not in full swing yet,that reminds me where did i put my cigarettes lol.

He's also not big on research, whatever reservations some here may have about the official tourism stats, AFAIK they're the only ones we've got.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand#Top_20_arrivals_by_nationality

As a non-smoker, I'd love nothing more than to find a town where no-one smoked - Singapore looks to be my best best atm - but Big Tobacco has a stranglehold on most of Thailand's neighbours and the OP is naive if he thinks that's going to change in a country where cigarettes are so cheap.

http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/spore-cut-smoking-rate-10-population-2020

Your not too big on reading comprehension : Where did I ever suggest that quantity of smoking is going to change in Thailand ?

Good question. I have wondered about this also. Are they turning lights on to give impression of good business ? I dont "count lights " but with a panoramic view , I just notice it looks like about 80% Also with binoculars have not seen much movement in rooms.

By the way do you have more information about Hilton occupency ? Since you are one of the few who is able to reply on topic instead of getting carried away about smoking.

And you dont find it just the slightest bit creepy that you are standing in a nearby apartment block with a pair of binoculars peering into the rooms at the Hilton whilst grinding your teeth re the number of Asians smoking in Pattaya ? Please dont tell those of us who do spend time in bars that we need to 'get a life' - if that's the alternative, I'll pass.

As for those of us who are 'getting carried away about smoking', you've based your entire OP on the prevalence of smoking among certain tourist groups in Pattaya - we havent just plucked that out of thin air.

Edited by MrWorldwide
  • Like 1

Get a life!!! I would rather smoke myself (que, the passive smokers) to death than sit up counting hotel lights, dreaming up percentages of foreigners / tourists who may or may not be in the hotel, or may or may not be smoking in the hotel, or maybe smoking elsewhere, and then starting a topic on here!

The Hilton has done very well according to industry feedback. The Marriott and Royal Cliff also do well. There is a strong demand for four star hotels and the sea views. This should not be confused with having an actual beach. The day Asian hotels become non-smoking is one which there is a proven link between smoking and bad luck. Death has no bearing on peoples actions(obviously).