Looking for Condo near OnNut / PraKhanong BTS

We are looking to rent a condo near OnNut / PraKhanong BTS

Prefer to be reasonable walking distance to BTS

Looking for 1 room - 30 to 40 square meters

I know there are a few low rise condos in the area like A SPACE ME

Anyone know the name of any other condos in those areas that might fit the bill?

Budget 8 - 12K / prefer with swimming pool

Yes I know I could just take a walk around the areas, but doing it with a 16 month old in tow has challenges 555

If I had the condo names we cou8ld research them before heading out

Thanks in advance

LL

Last year I lived at the link 5 on suhkumvit 50 in a 1 bedroom that was around 15000 / month at the time for the area it was cheap . Either lift your budget or go looking elsewhere as my sister in law looked around the same area recently and found nothing in your price range . Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it might save you some time and energy . All the best Barney

We are looking to rent a condo near OnNut / PraKhanong BTS

Prefer to be reasonable walking distance to BTS

Looking for 1 room - 30 to 40 square meters

I know there are a few low rise condos in the area like A SPACE ME

Anyone know the name of any other condos in those areas that might fit the bill?

Budget 8 - 12K / prefer with swimming pool

Yes I know I could just take a walk around the areas, but doing it with a 16 month old in tow has challenges 555

If I had the condo names we cou8ld research them before heading out

Thanks in advance

LL

A budget range of baht 13-15k can get you a 42-45 sqm one bedroom (not studio) at Waterford Park Prakhanong. Ideal for family with kids.

Lots to chose from in both areas. To get an idea of prices here are our listings in PraKanong http://asiapropertyworld.com/thailand-homes-condos-apartments-for-rent-in-bangkok-prakanong-xctytha1-143 and also in OnNut http://asiapropertyworld.com/thailand-homes-condos-apartments-for-rent-in-bangkok-on-nut-xctytha1-133

Most listings do not mention the actual building but that info is only an inquiry message away.

Good luck with your search smile.png

Edited by AsiaPropertyWorld

There are places within your budget in this area but you might have to make some compromises.

Although you can sometimes be lucky through agents and find an affordable property, most times you will be paying over the odds for somewhere as they are obviously just adding their commission on top. As your budget is towards the lower end I'd suggest it would be better to find a place on your own.

In general as other people have said, most rooms in the more modern condos near the skytrain tend to be around 15K p/m for a one bedroom. If you can handle a studio these are cheaper and sometimes you can find them for 10K. Regardless, most rooms will tend to be 30sqm for a studio, maybe 33/34 for a one bed if you go for that option. You don't generally find 40sqm for this price in newer condos as they don't tend to build them that size anymore.

If you would prefer to be towards the lower end of your budget, I'd suggest Lumpini on Sukhumvit 77. It's an older condo but very popular. You can find studio condos there for that budget and they do have some larger rooms as well. They also haves loads of facilities which I think would prove useful. It's definitely important to have outdoor space if you have a child - you don't want to be stuck in your room with them all day. It's still within walking distance of the skytrain (about 15 mins) or take public transport.

If you need somewhere more modern they also have another building called Lumpini ville a bit further down on the opposite side of the road. This was only built about a year ago so is more or less brand new. The rooms go up in size but start small at 24 sqm. I saw a top floor well designed 30 sqm 1 bed there last year for 10k. There's not much outdoor space compared to the other lumpini but there's still a pool, fitness and a useful 7/11. Probably 15-20 mins walk from here, but you can take the local songthaews for 7B which will get you to big C in a few minutes and then it's 5 mins walk to the skytrain from there.

I think that one of the best value condos is u-delight which is roughly between the other two. It's certainly very stylish and gives the aura of somewhere more expensive. The lobby's pretty impressive for this price range. Studios which are around 30 sqm can be as low as 10k, but I'm not sure if they have 1 beds inside - you'll have to check. They've got a cool pool, fitness, 7/11 etc. The possible downside is that they've recently started to build another condo next door. However, if you can find a room on the sukhumvit side it might still be o.k.

I wouldn't recommend going to A-space it's a long way down and there's a lot more traffic in On Nut now. There's always loads of condos for rent or sale there. When the traffics really bad it could take you 40 mins to get to the skytrain from here. I know because I used to live further up and it still used to take up to 30 mins. I'm now nearer the skytrain, it makes a big difference - just 5 mins to Big C by songthaew.

I presume your wife/gf is Thai. Get her to check out Prakard.com as this has listings direct from the owner, usually at cheaper rates than the agents, it's mainly in Thai. Also DDproperty and here of course.

There's loads of places for rent, always try and get a discount.

Edited by starship