Gen. Prawit urges underground resistance to stop

webfact

I just have one question: When will the martial law be lifted?

coffee1.gif

Shhh...

The General makes a perfectly valid point. The coup happened because Thaksin's mob were getting out of control and there was clear resistance to his rule from people who did not want a Thaksin dictatorship, from people who were fed up of corruption and from people who wanted true and workable democracy. I think Prayuth understood these issues and was able to engineer a situation where he could see a possibility of ending Thaksin's autocracy, paying the farmers, treating the citizens fairly. Sadly, the extremists don't see it like that and off course they'll be organising clandestinely. Thaksin's project isn't yet finished and I have no doubt that he continues to plot from the safety of Dubai. So we're not talking here about a few people mouthing off here and there in the Moo Baans: we're talking about trying to halt the move towards a Thaksin dictatorship which would parody the rule of such despots as Marcos (Philippines), Sadam (Iraq) and so on. It rather reminds me of when the military tried to stop Hitler, but he caught them at it and executed so many good officers that could have stopped the annihilation and wanton destruction we saw in Europe during those terrible years. It was a brave move by Prayuth and one much misunderstood outside of Thailand. Off course the do-gooders such as those at Amnesty International, do not understand that a rule arising from a military coup could lead to a viable democracy. What makes me laugh is the call by AI and the EU for a "return to democracy" when it didn't exist in the first place. The cultural differences between here and say London (where AI have their HQ) is massive and it's about time all these people become supportive, helpful and understanding of the situation here. I, for one, welcome Prayuth's leadership (although he does appear a little naive at times) but am somewhat pessimistic about ever seeing democracy in Thailand as the concept seems to be so alien to the Thai way of doing things. Big changes, including educational and cultural, would have to happen before Thailand could have a workable and transparent democracy.

Edited by ianf
  • Like 2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My suggestion is they should implement a network of spies throughout the community. Anyone mentioning anything that may be critical of the government can then be monitored and reported back to the command center, or quickly wisked away to detention in re-education camps. It could be modelled after the East German or KGB model. Although North Korea have done a great job at exterminating their underground resistance as well.

Also offer cash rewards for people to report on family members and turn in these rats. Elimate all free thinking. The Big Brother General Prawit will make all of your decisions from now on

Thank you for your kind suggestions for improving reform process.

Most have already been activated, eg the publicised citizens` informant hot line to the top.

With nation wide compulsory `democracy lessons` for 5yr olds up in all schools, the imposed cultural revolution cannot fail. All criticism of the reformist regime is forbidden under Martial Law and the New Interim Constitution. We will soon extend lese-majeste to cover PM and his martial ministers. Be warned, we know who you are, subversive western degenerate! Meanwhile, we have strict defamation laws in place.

We already have your `re-education camps`, we call them "Reconciliation Centres". They are administered by the Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC), see link and bow down! And rightly so I`m sure you will agree.

"Bow, bow, ye lower middle classes

Bow,bow ye tradesmen, bow ye masses !"

"As some day it may happen that a victim must be found

I`ve got a little list - I`ve got a little list

Of society offenders who might well be underground

And who never would be missed - who never would be missed" The Lord High Executioner`s song.

Learn from your own kulture and history, you racially inferior criminal, rabid dog Farang!

http://isaanrecord.com/2014/09/28/reconciliation

L

Stop inquiring about the lifting of martial law, academic discussions are ok as long as they don't involve politics so what's left.

Let's discuss the weather if that's permissible. Dictatorship what dictatorship ?

First of all political discussions in the matter of if we should buy a new street or give money for farmer isn't banned.

Banned is PDRC, Thaksin, Red...Democracy propaganda.

And having no political discussion for a year is better than civil war with the reds shooting demonstrators.....Let the protester and the reds go home for a year is surely a good idea.

PDRC propaganda is banned? The junta themselves have been trotting out remarkably similar things to Suthep.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"the administration demands that all underground anti-government movements stop, as the government is functioning in accordance with the law."

The Junta really needs to find another rationale for demanding to ceasation of underground political activities. National security is always a sure fall back for juntas the world over.

To cite the "rule of law" as a reason for compliance after having overthrown the Yingluck administration in violation of the rule of law as set forth in the 2007 Constitution, then granting itself absolute power and amensty for its illegal act, the Junta may not garner much sympathy from the Thai public. And to the ASEAN Communities who are not operating under martial law nor dictatorship rule, the Prayuth regime's constant complaints about the survivability of free speech may be seen as a government that is not too compatible as a major player in ASEAN Communities.

I agree that it is a bit rich for the junta to cite the rule of law, given that they came to power via a military coup.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The arm chair defenders of democracy are out in force on this topic. This is over sensationalized nonsense at its low point.

I say, like the parachutists, show me a good democracy and I will jump into it. No need to strap on the gear yet.

When will you grumpy nitwits get it thru your bone heads that Thailand was on the brink of armed insurrection which the Army has stopped but which still is bubbling as long as the man in Dubai funds it. Lots of cronies have lost jobs and even fear prosecution and when the big money stops flowing through the Thaksins political machine, there will be people who resent it, to speak mildly.

You typists would, by now, either be in a detention camp or having had to flee the country for your safety if the Army had not stepped in.

Say Thank You and cool the inflated rhetoric. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

The arm chair defenders of democracy are out in force on this topic. This is over sensationalized nonsense at its low point.

I say, like the parachutists, show me a good democracy and I will jump into it. No need to strap on the gear yet.

When will you grumpy nitwits get it thru your bone heads that Thailand was on the brink of armed insurrection which the Army has stopped but which still is bubbling as long as the man in Dubai funds it. Lots of cronies have lost jobs and even fear prosecution and when the big money stops flowing through the Thaksins political machine, there will be people who resent it, to speak mildly.

You typists would, by now, either be in a detention camp or having had to flee the country for your safety if the Army had not stepped in.

I for one make you right on this.

Thank you Uncle. bah.gif

insurrection: as in an armed uprising against a government? Sounds like a military takeover.

I suppose your paratroopers would be jumping into a good democracy to crush it.

Show me a `good` military dictatorship and I will stay well clear..

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

coffee1.gif

Shhh...

The General makes a perfectly valid point. The coup happened because Thaksin's mob were getting out of control and there was clear resistance to his rule from people who did not want a Thaksin dictatorship, from people who were fed up of corruption and from people who wanted true and workable democracy. I think Prayuth understood these issues and was able to engineer a situation where he could see a possibility of ending Thaksin's autocracy, paying the farmers, treating the citizens fairly. Sadly, the extremists don't see it like that and off course they'll be organising clandestinely. Thaksin's project isn't yet finished and I have no doubt that he continues to plot from the safety of Dubai. So we're not talking here about a few people mouthing off here and there in the Moo Baans: we're talking about trying to halt the move towards a Thaksin dictatorship which would parody the rule of such despots as Marcos (Philippines), Sadam (Iraq) and so on. It rather reminds me of when the military tried to stop Hitler, but he caught them at it and executed so many good officers that could have stopped the annihilation and wanton destruction we saw in Europe during those terrible years. It was a brave move by Prayuth and one much misunderstood outside of Thailand. Off course the do-gooders such as those at Amnesty International, do not understand that a rule arising from a military coup could lead to a viable democracy. What makes me laugh is the call by AI and the EU for a "return to democracy" when it didn't exist in the first place. The cultural differences between here and say London (where AI have their HQ) is massive and it's about time all these people become supportive, helpful and understanding of the situation here. I, for one, welcome Prayuth's leadership (although he does appear a little naive at times) but am somewhat pessimistic about ever seeing democracy in Thailand as the concept seems to be so alien to the Thai way of doing things. Big changes, including educational and cultural, would have to happen before Thailand could have a workable and transparent democracy.

I assume this post was parody.

PS - your understanding of 1940s German history is as shaky as your grasp of 21st century Thai politics.

Edited by Snig27

Surreal post - but meanwhile back in the real world the rest of us have to live in. You are aware - although it might conflict with the halfbaked agenda you seem to be touting - that repeated observers said that the last two elections were the free-est in Thai history? In a detention camp? You are deluded.

Edited by Snig27

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He should start a campaign 'Respect my Junta'. Perhaps he should go and ask the saintly Pra Suthep for advice of how to avoid the slings and arrows of high office.

"Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown."

10690244_896362230376260_316785962281323.

I know this place,is that really´ Phra Suthep´ giving a speech at Suan Mokkh monastery? The exactly same seat where Ajarn Buddhadasa (sp?) gave many of his great speeches/teachings, one of the greatest buddhist teachers in Thailand in the last century?

What a shame!!!bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Sorry, off topic, I know, but that made me almost puke.

It is indeed him biding time until he can rejoin samsara and its poisoned fruits.

Thank you Uncle. bah.gif

insurrection: as in an armed uprising against a government? Sounds like a military takeover.

I suppose your paratroopers would be jumping into a good democracy to crush it.

Show me a `good` military dictatorship and I will stay well clear..

Indeed - history is littered with military men who have thought they would be good national leaders. Even great military men (and our general is not one that anyone is aware of) have made dreadful civilian leaders - the likes of Grant, Eisenhower, De Gaulle were all brilliant military men but bad politicians who caused great national harm as civilian leaders. A successful military dictatorship is a historic oxymoron.

Say Thank You and cool the inflated rhetoric. alt=rolleyes.gif>

I for one make you right on this.

Correct , nothing like a good Military coup and removal of civil Government to level the playing fields

coffee1.gif

Shhh...

I assume this post was parody.

PS - your understanding of 1940s German history is as shaky as your grasp of 21st century Thai politics.

Operation Valkyrie, 1944. The operation was foiled and the 'conspirators' all executed for treason. Fact.

My understanding of Thai politics is taken from a neutral point of view and not from one that can only see Thaksin as a hero!

Thank you.

Edited by ianf

Because someone may be critical of the excesses of a military regime it does not mean they support any particular politician of any colour. I support the good general`s reforms of course. Especially compulsory `democracy lessons` for 5yr olds, ISOC run `reconciliation camps`, `attitude adjustment` and appointment of Police Commissioner General Somyot. The happy yellow-bricked road to true Democracy, Thai style.

Execution of conspirators for Treason? Is ianf calling for that ? #48

99% of the people that are not satisfied with the dictatorship are not part of an underground movement. He's being paranoid.

Today, movements as a fixed group of persons almost don't exists anymore.

Since we've the social media, millions of individuals see each others opinion and people speak up as individuals.

The fact that many individuals turned against Prayut is not the result of an underground movement. It's the result of what they see.

There's only one way to stop them and that is shutting down the whole internet.

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 2

Surreal post - but meanwhile back in the real world the rest of us have to live in. You are aware - although it might conflict with the halfbaked agenda you seem to be touting - that repeated observers said that the last two elections were the free-est in Thai history? In a detention camp? You are deluded.

and corruption kept increasing coffee1.gif

Don't waste your time. These are the same people that thought Yingluck and Chalerm were good leaders.

Great its a bit sad but for the greater good utterly destroying the PTP and the redshirts is well worth it. This general has learned from the past and wont give up power until the PTP and Thaksin are down never to be seen again.

Sometimes you need to play dirty when your dealing with terrorists

• Like 1

This conflict has two sides to it. But the General is only letting one side work for reforms and run the country using the military to block people rights. This being the case there will never be peace until both sides can discuss reforms and not hold a gun to their heads of those who disagree with him.

The other side is not interested in reform. They like things the way they were. They love corruption. Hence the increase in corruption under Yingluck's watch. Otherwise they would have implemented reforms themselves. coffee1.gif

Presumably by "underground political movements", he means anybody criticising the junta and its apparatchiks. Paranoid much, or just a convenient excuse to prolong power under martial law?

I guess he and gen.anupong didn't regard being the "secret" backers behind the suthep/PDRC protests as being part of an underground political movement?

Propagandists will always find a way to promote their cause. Martial law will not stop them Here you have a clear example. Just use question marks.

Anyhow, back to the topic. FYI, those secret PDRC backers were business people and companies who were fed up with Yingluck's "mismanagement". Not a violent underground movement.

Prayuth is referring to this group.

Regime militants have been caught on multiple

occasions with M79s, M16s, AK47s, and hand grenades

with lot numbers matching those used in attacks that have

left over 20 dead including women and children and

hundreds of others wounded.

http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com/2014/05/thailand-collapsing-regime-turns-to.html

Edited by Nickymaster

Because someone may be critical of the excesses of a military regime it does not mean they support any particular politician of any colour. I support the good general`s reforms of course. Especially compulsory `democracy lessons` for 5yr olds, ISOC run `reconciliation camps`, `attitude adjustment` and appointment of Police Commissioner General Somyot. The happy yellow-bricked road to true Democracy, Thai style.

Execution of conspirators for Treason? Is ianf calling for that ? #48

I think you completely misunderstood my post. Never mind. There are more important things in life.