Koh Tao murder report: Prosecutors seek changes

webfact

Not surprising that the other Burmese migrant workers would not want to believe fellow countrymen had committed the crime.

Such a statment has zero credibility.

Its no different than a Senior Thai Police official suggesting the same about a Thai.

This article offers little useful insight except the interpreter issue. It would be worth clarifying the interviews by having the taped recordings heard by additional Native burmese translators familiar with the same dialect.

Was the interrogation taped?

Even if it wan't, the two suspects readily admit their guilt so it would not be difficult to have them explain themselves to a Native speaker/interpreter.

how they did it, the way they did it, who they did it with, and why they did it, does not alter the fact that they still claim that they did it, so they are guilty regardless of how sweet people want to make it seem, if somebody rapes and kills a person, would it make a difference if they said please first, they are guilty and they do not deny that, so lets stop worrying about the minor details, like I killed him with a stick, but it was not that stick, etc etc

If you insist on joining the debate, might I suggest you keep abreast of the current status of events.

Their 'so called' confessions have now been officially retracted, as they were extracted (as many of us had already suspected) under extreme duress such as beatings, scaldings and threat of electrocution.

So if a forced confession under torture is classified by yourself as being 'guilty'... Then the knowledge that said confessions were beaten out of them (or into them) must by default make them 'not guilty' under your very reasoning.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this on another thread, so hope its ok to duplicate on this one...

For anyone interested, the CSI LA page spotted that Sean McAnna uploaded two songs to Soundcloud on 4th October, so it looks like he's alive, unless someone has access to his stuff - https://soundcloud.com/seanmcanna

There are some interesting lyrics in the track 'Johnny' - 1:38 "I'm still waiting at the hotel bar. They beg of you, but they don't need you, still they won't let you go. And I, I, so near so far...'. Might be nothing, but could be a message in there somewhere.

What a lot of rubbish is being put out on here about Saun MCanna!

No big mystery at all. He was in the company of UK media journalists shortly after the convenience store incident until he left the Island and gave a number of interviews to the UK press. It was later reported by those sources that he had left Thailand safely and gone to his girlfriend in Italy. His sister also confirmed that on Facebook before she shut the page down as advised by the UK FO.

All this nonsense about him being in sinister cahoots with Mon and co to set up gang rapes is complete fantasy concocted out of mindless gossip. The guy is just a very young over dramatic attention seeking spliff smoking musician. Thailand and the cheap backpacking circuit is full of them world over.

ALL friends of the victims would have been advised to keep any evidential statements quiet as their testimony could be highly relevant in obtaining convictions at the correct time. Spewing their guts to media or anywhere else for the titillation and entertainment of a load of ghoulish morons pawing over their friends awful deaths would be of no value to them.

Seriously, get a grip people.

Agree, good words.

Hmmmmm, sorry but Sean said the AC guy killed the couple.........coffee1.gif

• Like 1

2 people hold the key to unlocking the mystery of this crime: Nom Sod and the Scot. 2 people that the police don't seem interested in.

I quite agree old chap, sterling work, though, just a thought mind, ones missing another suspicious fellow by the name of Montgomery or Mon for short. Beastly fellow if ever I saw one.

jdinasia i take that you have seen the presecutors report, seeing as how you dismiss other peoples posts so easily wallop

I dismiss conspiracy theories easily.

Conspiracy theorists have not seen it either nor the evidence. The police and prosecution have seen both.

They retracted there confession saying they were beaten and made to confess.

Yes they are now denying that they did it.

How many more times do I have to say there is NO EVIDENCE to justify a conviction of murder unless there is a confession. Now it's been retracted no-one can say anything different. But no doubt, the Thai court could if they consider it's fair and reasonable that a rapist would also commit murder..

I challenge any one to show me EVIDENCE to support their assertions. Rape, maybe, but there's only circumstantial evidence to take the ultimate leap.

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying you think they raped Hanna but did not commit the murders?

Ultimate leap?

According to this article the confessions stand.

Well this article is not the be all and end all of this case and to elude to that is quite frankly absurd.

So in the articles about torture and beatings and retraction of confessions basically mean the confessions DO NOT stand any more.

As a matter of fact, events currently unfolding regarding these 'confessions' are pulling these very 'confessions' down by the hour... These 'confessions' have collapsed in fine style.... The likes of which I haven't seen in a long time.

Man..... your desperation to save face for the RTP and Thailand is just gushing out of every pore in your body.... That is evident. You are clutching at so many straws now, you are going down faster than the RTP.

For anyone interested, the CSI LA page spotted that Sean McAnna uploaded two songs to Soundcloud on 4th October, so it looks like he's alive, unless someone has access to his stuff - https://soundcloud.com/seanmcanna

There are some interesting lyrics in the track 'Johnny' - 1:38 "I'm still waiting at the hotel bar. They beg of you, but they don't need you, still they won't let you go. And I, I, so near so far...'. Might be nothing, but could be a message in there somewhere.

No big mystery at all. He was in the company of UK media journalists shortly after the convenience store incident until he left the Island and gave a number of interviews to the UK press. It was later reported by those sources that he had left Thailand safely and gone to his girlfriend in Italy. His sister also confirmed that on Facebook before she shut the page down as advised by the UK FO.

All this nonsense about him being in sinister cahoots with Mon and co to set up gang rapes is complete fantasy concocted out of mindless gossip. The guy is just a very young over dramatic attention seeking spliff smoking musician. Thailand and the cheap backpacking circuit is full of them world over.

ALL friends of the victims would have been advised to keep any evidential statements quiet as their testimony could be highly relevant in obtaining convictions at the correct time. Spewing their guts to media or anywhere else for the titillation and entertainment of a load of ghoulish morons pawing over their friends awful deaths would be of no value to them.

Agree, good words.

Hmmmmm, sorry but Sean said the AC guy killed the couple.........coffee1.gif

Nobody is denying that...

Even if it wan't, the two suspects readily admit their guilt so it would not be difficult to have them explain themselves to a Native speaker/interpreter.

how they did it, the way they did it, who they did it with, and why they did it, does not alter the fact that they still claim that they did it, so they are guilty regardless of how sweet people want to make it seem, if somebody rapes and kills a person, would it make a difference if they said please first, they are guilty and they do not deny that, so lets stop worrying about the minor details, like I killed him with a stick, but it was not that stick, etc etc

How many more times do I have to say there is NO EVIDENCE to justify a conviction of murder unless there is a confession. Now it's been retracted no-one can say anything different. But no doubt, the Thai court could if they consider it's fair and reasonable that a rapist would also commit murder..

I challenge any one to show me EVIDENCE to support their assertions. Rape, maybe, but there's only circumstantial evidence to take the ultimate leap.

Maybe they raped the girl, maybe they didn't, maybe it was consensual - (who knows at this point) except the two guys being held for murder. And further, the killings could be an after event perpetrated by an other party and supporters for a reason unknown to us, as it appears the murders were brutally undertaken for some reason and not just to cover up a rape.

The only way for any chance of the true to come-out to be established is for a very detailed investigation to be undertaken by experienced people without a pre-conceived answer driving the investigation.

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying you think they raped Hanna but did not commit the murders?

Ultimate leap?

According to this article the confessions stand.

Well this article is not the be all and end all of this case and to elude to that is quite frankly absurd.

So in the articles about torture and beatings and retraction of confessions basically mean the confessions DO NOT stand any more.

As a matter of fact, events currently unfolding regarding these 'confessions' are pulling these very 'confessions' down by the hour... These 'confessions' have collapsed in fine style.... The likes of which I haven't seen in a long time.

Man..... your desperation to save face for the RTP and Thailand is just gushing out of every pore in your body.... That is evident. You are clutching at so many straws now, you are going down faster than the RTP.

The judges decide what stays and what is dismissed. Not you nor the court of public opinion.

I have no dog in this fight, but I would bet on a conviction of the 2 Burmese men if gambling were legal.

Sean Mcanna is alive with time on his hands to write songs. He uploaded two new songs to his soundcloud four days ago: "Johnny" and "wrong leg, right wing"

People are adding comments to these songs on soundcloud, urging him to issue a full statement.I urge others to do the same thing.

https://soundcloud.com/seanmcanna

Does he know anything?

Please Sean. Stop being cryptic and illusive and release a full statement about what you know/or don't know.

(And please god speak up about the case or it will just look like you are cynically exploiting the current public interest in you to promote your music)

Edited by intune53
  • Like 1

Not making any conclusions, but where does Sean McAnna fit in all of this? Is anything he said true? If not, why did he do that? 15 minutes of fame seems a long shot, but stranger things have happened.

Good question. Nobody is here to accuse him of anything, but ask him to tell the whole world the truth, the real truth . Everybody wants to hear his story what happened that night. People believe he must know something. But until now no statement from Sean has been made.

• Like 1

I repeat what I wrote earlier - if it were possible to turn back time - other than to prevent this horrific crime - here is the point to start again - the last bit of real investigative work anyone has seen:

Nation: 24 September - Police free bar owners and look for ex village headman's son.

Reading this again, in light of what you know today, will leave no doubt that this is the point where everything went awry, smoke and mirrors and a concerted effort put into hiding the truth took the place of good police work.

Consider the absent DNA test of the two bar owners - why exclude them? They state "finding no evidence linking them to the crime" - was DNA evidence not the only link they had?

Pol Lt-General Panya Mamen: "the headman's son is believed to be hiding in Bangkok. Panya refused to reveal the suspects' names, saying police were questioning one man and expected to arrest another in Bangkok today. Strong words...

"police had summoned the owner of the Intouch Bar for questioning after investigators discovered that both victims had visited the bar and had had an altercation before they were found dead. Another person summoned was the owner of AC Pub, who local residents say is an influential person and the older brother of the man who owns Intouch Bar. Panya led the interrogation of both individuals."

Meanwhile, a police source said it was not possible that people on the island did not have any knowledge of what might have happened on the night of the murder. The source said may be they don't want to talk to police, as they do not want to have problems with an influential group.

I can not accept that an psychopathic killer, involved in such a barbaric crime, can be allowed to go free.

Good point.

Not making any conclusions, but where does Sean McAnna fit in all of this? Is anything he said true? If not, why did he do that? 15 minutes of fame seems a long shot, but stranger things have happened.

Good question. Nobody is here to accuse him of anything, but ask him to tell the whole world the truth, the real truth . Everybody wants to hear his story what happened that night. People believe he must know something. But until now no statement from Sean has been made.

If he played a role in the gang rape and/or murder, then I doubt he is going to say anything.

If he played a role in the gang rape and/or murder, then I doubt he is going to say anything.

But he does have time to write two new songs 4 days ago. See my above post on this page.#432

But he does have time to write two new songs 4 days ago. See my above post on this page.#432

Did he write or just upload the songs 4 days ago ?

Edited by Expat Girl

He should release an album, he,d make a fortune.

Did he write or just upload the songs for 4 days ago ?

All that is clear is that they were uploaded 4 days ago.

Not sure why you quoted my post. Did I write anything about Sean being sinister?

I posted it because there have been a flurry of posts overnight asking whether he's alive etc etc. His recent web activity suggests he might be. Re the lyrics, I'm a vocalist and part of my job is to analyse lyrics that I have to sing. There could be a message in there, or there might not.

I think a lot of the posts made about him being sinister are imaginitive at best, but then I don't live on the island and nor do I know him. However, I personally think it was an utter disgrace for that Scottish newspaper to print that article about his criminal background which resulted in him being branded a paedo and going silent at what was potentially the most crucial time for him to talk. I suspect it has also played a huge part in fueling this 'Sinister Sean' fire. If anyone would have taken the time to try and understand his conviction before judging him, it would have soon become clear that it was not quite as the paper reported.

• Like 2

I think jlcrab lives in isaan, you can catch him trolling on the tv isaan forum a lot. The rtp have the problem that in the past they have never really been known for their honesty and integrity, and this is now really biting them in the arse. How could they think that a case that has so many inconsistencies could be wrapped up so quickly.What they didn't expect was the prosecutors would send this case back to them, with the demand to find more solid evidence, we know that because of the chief of police statement " we are sure we have the real culprits, no more investigating needed, case closed".

I know i may be repeating myself, buts lets look at the more glaring errors in the police evidence.

1 the two culprits were dna tested on the first day, they were pictured among the 300 burmese workers tested. The police stated as saying there were no dna matches in those 300 people.

2 They were supposed to have said they hit david with the blunt side of the hoe, his wounds say different, he was obviously killed by a knife, his wounds were completely different to Hannah's.

3. They supposedly told police that they killed them because they saw david and hannah having sex on the beach and were jealous, and even the police said there is no evidence that david and hannah had sex, the next day the police changed that staement to read, They admitted killing them because they saw david and hannah kissing on the beach, and yet no dna from david was found on hannah and visa verca.

4 Police stated that davids dna was not found on the hoe.so that makes the burmese guys statement totally false, one wonders why the police accepted their confessions.

5 If we are to believe police statements regarding mobile phones it would seem that david had 3 phones.They originally said that davids phone was found at the murder scene bloodstained and with a blonde hair stuck to it, but this was a phone he must have bought in thailand, because the i phone he brought with him was blocked in thailand. They also stated that the i phone was found in davids luggage. So where did the phone the police claimed belonged to david that was found behind the burmese guys room come from. Surely if the phone found behind their room was touched by them, it would contain not only their fingerprints but davids also, but they have not given any evidence to prove yeah or nay.

6 Why have the police not given an explanation as to why the mafia godfather and his family were not dna tested, and i don't buy this abusing their human rights thing, because i am pretty sure in a case as serious as this they could be ordered by a judge to give dna.

7 What happened to the 2 minutes of footage removed from the cctv film.

8 On television 3 days ago a police pathologist said that there was a 3rd persons dna found on hannahs body, it was not davids or any of the 300 burmese tested, so why are the police not searching for a 3rd person and still insisting the 2 burmese guys were the only ones involved.

9 The police's star witness has now recanted his statement accusing his friends of being involved, a statement he says he gave due to threats made by the police. So who will they now produce in court.

I think that is enough for now. It will be interesting to see what the good general tells his myanmar counterparts today, and will the general make false statements saying the burmese goverment are happy with the thai handling of the case, as did the police yesterday, only to be shot down in flames by the burmese officials.

The sad thing about this is that i am sure that everyone on thai visa, be it we so called theory conspirators, or our opposition who i amongst others have labelled

thai police arse lickers, only want the truth to come out and whoever commited this horrendous crime to be caught. If these burmese guys are proven to be innocent, i fear we will never know who did it, because money talks, and i am sure many brown envolopes have changed hands.

Very good post!

Yes. but not to saying anything will make him look like guilty .

• Like 1

I am still very concerned about the situation of the third Myanmar suspect. I think this guy could be in very big danger.

Think about it - he was implicated by his buddy (under torture) as being at the crime scene. In the second confession he was not implicated. He was not charged and now is apparently an eye witness (for the police version).

Supposedly he was going to say the two accused did it, and he ran away. Except now, apparently he is not going to say that.

If he was there, and he did see anything but he does not want to cooperate with the police, then he is an eye witness who will break their case. In the hands of supposed torturers.

Why would the police be so careful to hide this guy. There was a short mention in BP a few days ago stating he had been released and had left the island. I fear this was to divert attention from his situation.

well said

Any link to this "number of interviews that (Sean) gave to the Uk press"?

MR "Fong" was sprouting some wild accusations earlier, is he gone from the debate?

Funny because he made some good contributions to this topic, seems like he flipped out a little?

Seems some get upset if you disagree with them. Trouble is even when the story changes by the day and lie after lie is proven, they still expect people to believe it.

Even harder if they didn't believe the lies before they were proven.

If Sean knows stuff there is noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo way he will come back as a witness, noooooooooooooooooo way, unless perhaps he is given UK protection 24/7..............

Prison? tongue.png

It does sound like everyone has something to hide on that island. These guys could have done this many times before, but this time it went wrong and someone got murdered.

Date rape drugs are scary, girls may have had bad experiences before but who would they report it to? The attackers buddy? His enabler? The police tasked with protecting them in the first place?

Who did they protect in this case...?

• Like 1

I think jlcrab lives in isaan, you can catch him trolling on the tv isaan forum a lot. The rtp have the problem that in the past they have never really been known for their honesty and integrity, and this is now really biting them in the arse. How could they think that a case that has so many inconsistencies could be wrapped up so quickly.What they didn't expect was the prosecutors would send this case back to them, with the demand to find more solid evidence, we know that because of the chief of police statement " we are sure we have the real culprits, no more investigating needed, case closed".

I know i may be repeating myself, buts lets look at the more glaring errors in the police evidence.

1 the two culprits were dna tested on the first day, they were pictured among the 300 burmese workers tested. The police stated as saying there were no dna matches in those 300 people.

2 They were supposed to have said they hit david with the blunt side of the hoe, his wounds say different, he was obviously killed by a knife, his wounds were completely different to Hannah's.

3. They supposedly told police that they killed them because they saw david and hannah having sex on the beach and were jealous, and even the police said there is no evidence that david and hannah had sex, the next day the police changed that staement to read, They admitted killing them because they saw david and hannah kissing on the beach, and yet no dna from david was found on hannah and visa verca.

4 Police stated that davids dna was not found on the hoe.so that makes the burmese guys statement totally false, one wonders why the police accepted their confessions.

5 If we are to believe police statements regarding mobile phones it would seem that david had 3 phones.They originally said that davids phone was found at the murder scene bloodstained and with a blonde hair stuck to it, but this was a phone he must have bought in thailand, because the i phone he brought with him was blocked in thailand. They also stated that the i phone was found in davids luggage. So where did the phone the police claimed belonged to david that was found behind the burmese guys room come from. Surely if the phone found behind their room was touched by them, it would contain not only their fingerprints but davids also, but they have not given any evidence to prove yeah or nay.

6 Why have the police not given an explanation as to why the mafia godfather and his family were not dna tested, and i don't buy this abusing their human rights thing, because i am pretty sure in a case as serious as this they could be ordered by a judge to give dna.

7 What happened to the 2 minutes of footage removed from the cctv film.

8 On television 3 days ago a police pathologist said that there was a 3rd persons dna found on hannahs body, it was not davids or any of the 300 burmese tested, so why are the police not searching for a 3rd person and still insisting the 2 burmese guys were the only ones involved.

9 The police's star witness has now recanted his statement accusing his friends of being involved, a statement he says he gave due to threats made by the police. So who will they now produce in court.

I think that is enough for now. It will be interesting to see what the good general tells his myanmar counterparts today, and will the general make false statements saying the burmese goverment are happy with the thai handling of the case, as did the police yesterday, only to be shot down in flames by the burmese officials.

The sad thing about this is that i am sure that everyone on thai visa, be it we so called theory conspirators, or our opposition who i amongst others have labelled

thai police arse lickers, only want the truth to come out and whoever commited this horrendous crime to be caught. If these burmese guys are proven to be innocent, i fear we will never know who did it, because money talks, and i am sure many brown envolopes have changed hands.

Very good post!

Yes,very good summary and every official who is involved should take a look on this

before make the next step into dog dirt

Edited by MikePhuket1970
  • Like 1

2 people hold the key to unlocking the mystery of this crime: Nom Sod and the Scot. 2 people that the police don't seem interested in.

I quite agree old chap, sterling work, though, just a thought mind, ones missing another suspicious fellow by the name of Montgomery or Mon for short. Beastly fellow if ever I saw one.

Was that the gentleman seen up bright and early, in spite of his late night schedule, down on the beach poking about at the evidence at the crime scene?

• Like 1