Passport renewal in so callled third world countries

pitrevie

A Thai friend of mine applied for a renewal of his passport, appointment arranged on line for Monday. Interview time less than 30 minutes and receives his passport by Thai post on Wednesday.

I do hope the UK minister responsible for passports is going to visit and see how it is done.

It is indeed a hassle to renew UK passports here now, easier 10 years ago. But just to put things in perspective, would it be so easy for your Thai friend to renew their Thai passport in the UK? I renewed mine there a few months ago. This is how it went: phoned up for appt, went in 10mins before time, number called and paid in 3mins, passport delivered within a week. Also don't forget that most Britons have a passport, while most Thais don't.

It is indeed a hassle to renew UK passports here now, easier 10 years ago. But just to put things in perspective, would it be so easy for your Thai friend to renew their Thai passport in the UK? I renewed mine there a few months ago. This is how it went: phoned up for appt, went in 10mins before time, number called and paid in 3mins, passport delivered within a week. Also don't forget that most Britons have a passport, while most Thais don't.

Sorry I should have made that clear I am actually referring to renewing my passport in the UK where there have been waiting times of weeks to get a passport renewed. I don't even want to get into doing it from Thailand, the next time I want my UK passport renewed I will actually be in the UK.