A great hamburger in Pattaya

mogo51

I want to make hamburgers at home but where can you buy imported beef mince in Patts?

I make them at home. I use a blend, fresh mince Aussie imported at Tops, Central Festival (lean) and frozen wagyu patty from the Hickory Butcher (by the Pattaya Courthouse).

I bought some mince in Tops Central yesterday but I don't know if it was Aussie beef it was next to all the steaks. It didn't have a sign on it or anything. I made spag out of it but the meat didn't taste great.

I bought over a few kilos of organic grass fed mince a couple of months back from Oz so maybe I am spoilt after eating that. It was 16 dollars a kilo at home.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to make hamburgers at home but where can you buy imported beef mince in Patts?

I make them at home. I use a blend, fresh mince Aussie imported at Tops, Central Festival (lean) and frozen wagyu patty from the Hickory Butcher (by the Pattaya Courthouse).

I bought some mince in Tops Central yesterday but I don't know if it was Aussie beef it was next to all the steaks. It didn't have a sign on it or anything. I made spag out of it but the meat didn't taste great.

I bought over a few kilos of organic grass fed mince a couple of months back from Oz so maybe I am spoilt after eating that. It was 16 dollars a kilo at home.

Tops sells both local and Aussie, the Aussie is expensive, 650 baht/kg. It is really too lean for me to make a juicy burger so I blend it with the wagyu patty (which has a high fat content).

With so much interest in this topic I'm beginning to wonder if I have missed out as a vegetarian, I guess I should not mention the latest WHO scare,

but maybe it does not include burgers.

If anyone can advise where to buy a decent Veggie/Vegan burger in Pattaya, I would be grateful.

A burger made from tempeh would be a bonus.

With so much interest in this topic I'm beginning to wonder if I have missed out as a vegetarian, I guess I should not mention the latest WHO scare,

If anyone can advise where to buy a decent Veggie/Vegan burger in Pattaya, I would be grateful.

Burger King sells something they call a Veggie burger.

I am curious if a vegetarian (someone who may care a bit about their health) would even consider eating at a "restaurant" such as burger king?

The BK veggie burger is not bad, if a bit oily. When travelling in SE Asia as a veggie / vegan, one gets used to not being too choosy.

You can get some great veggie burgers in Bali these days, at a range of resto's in Seminyak / Ubud and also S Lombok, based around tofu and/or tempeh. If these have reached Pattaya then I'd be happy to eat them.

Place that sell veggie burgers in Pattaya:

5 Star J restaurant, Pattaya Tai, corner of 3rd

Saras Indian, Royal Garden Mall, top floor

Place that sell veggie burgers in Pattaya:

5 Star J restaurant, Pattaya Tai, corner of 3rd

Saras Indian, Royal Garden Mall, top floor

Thanks, I'll give them a try and report back.

I tried the beef burger at Hippo this week.

I got the standard burger cost of 199 baht. Aussie beef which included two sides and two sauces.

I really cant fault the meal. Bun toasted perfectly, veggies crisp and delicious, French fries crispy and not oily, meat was a thick paddy and quite tasty.

Great price, great location and great service.

This is not your standard burger type meal but for me it was a winner.

I tried the beef burger at Hippo this week.

I got the standard burger cost of 199 baht. Aussie beef which included two sides and two sauces.

I really cant fault the meal. Bun toasted perfectly, veggies crisp and delicious, French fries crispy and not oily, meat was a thick paddy and quite tasty.

Great price, great location and great service.

This is not your standard burger type meal but for me it was a winner.

I agree with you 100% . Try the blue cheese burger, 249 baht with side dishes, best bargain in Pattaya if you love tasty burgers. Edited by balo